Prospects who were rushed, brought in too late ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Too late:

Did Scott Kelman ever get his chance? He was picked up 15th overall in 1999 by Phoenix but never played a game in the NHL. Was it because they were too late in bringing him up or his play didn't warrant a call up. What happend w/ him??

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hedberg said:
Dan Blackburn had a great camp in 2001 and played great as an 18 year old. However, as a 19 year old, he was not as good and should have been sent to Juniors. However, not realizing fully what this thread was about till after I posted his name, Blackburn did not fail because of this. I orginally thought this thread was just about players rushed to the NHL, even if they eventually succeded.

There is a HUGE difference between being mishandled (as he was as a 19 year old when he played like 20 straight games) and being rushed.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
HF2002 said:
Fuhr was 19, not 18.

Don't be so picky. He was 18 when he was drafted and went straight to the NHL. If he were three months younger you wouldn't have brought that up. An 18 year old goalie belonging on your NHL roster is no less likely than a goalie deserving to be a top 5 draft pick. But I personally would not use a top 10 pick on a goalie nor would I let a teenage goalie start for me unless I had nobody else in the system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->