Prospects who saw the light and are ready to step up?

Bam Beet*

Jesse Schultz for the Canucks.

"Which prospects that have got to see a handful of NHL games so far (say 10-30 or so) are ready to step into their respective teams roster full time this season? And of those, which will have show that their limited action has helped them prepare for the vigors of a full NHL season?"

I don't believe Schultz falls under that category.

MacDaddy TLC*

Ian White won't make the Leafs. Too many of the prospect D will have to clear waivers to be in the minors. White isn't one of them. He loses out on the #s game no matter how good a camp he has. (same situation for Kronwall)

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Jesse Schultz for the Canucks.

Have you seen him play? Unless the kid has had really turned it around, he won't be ready for at least another year or two.

He played in the Remax not last year but the year before and was the worst player on Team WHL.

If he is NHL ready by now, I would be surprised.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Mike Green most definitely for the caps. Eric Fehr, not so much, needs more time in the AHL. Tomas Flieschmann can make it if he plays with the same intensity and confidence he played with in the AHL playoffs will make the opening night roster. Kris Beech has a shot, but its a longshot. Also, various defensemen will see time on callups this year and might make the team next season

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Sean Bergenheim and to a lesser degree Bruno Gervais. Most likely also Robert Nilsson due to need more than anything...from the Isles that is...

The Vengabus

Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
Have you seen him play? Unless the kid has had really turned it around, he won't be ready for at least another year or two.

He played in the Remax not last year but the year before and was the worst player on Team WHL.

If he is NHL ready by now, I would be surprised.

Two seasons ago, I think it was, when we signed him, lots of fans derided Burke for the signing, thinking it was a waste of..whatever. He played a season in the ECHL, and became among the team leaders in scoring that year. Played in Manitoba last year for Vigneault, and whatever happened in the backroom... AV seemingly views the kid with adulation, has him pencilled in for a top-six RW role (having zero RW's signed does indeed help him..). He did end up leading the defensively-oriented Moose in scoring with nearly 40 goals last year. So he has improved drastically, for no one expected him to even make the Moose when he was signed. Certain posters, possibly mere optimistic Canuck fans, keep claiming he has a Mike Ryder-like development curve going. That'd be nice. But I digress, he he has a very good scoring touch, and can stay on his feet and supposedly go the net. Sound like a Sedin linemate? Pretty much the only thing in our shallow, shallow system that does. 2nd rounder for Drake Berehowsky, burkie? Why..

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
detroit could see guys like hudler and kopecky make it...

hopefuls like howard and filppula are still around, i almost wouldnt mind seeing kopecky and hudler emerge this year, next year bring in grigorenko and filppula to emerge along with quincey and howard for sure... then 2y ears from now see if a guy like mcgrath can step in..along with maybe kindl

grigorenko is plying russia next season

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Jarkko Immonen will be given every chance to make the Rangers out of camp, either 2nd or 3rd line Center.

Marc Staal will probably see 10 games before being sent back to Juniors.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Not the glitziest names out there but Jiri Novotny, Chris Thorburn, Daniel Paille and Nathan Paetsch all have a chance at sticking with the Sabres this year and play depth roles.

puckgoalnet

Feb 23, 2003
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Three for the Jackets:

1. C Gilbert Brule (7 games last year)
  2. LW Alexandre Picard (17 games last year)
  3. D Aaron Johnson (26 games last year)

Those who should get a sniff this year:

• D Ole-Kristian Tollefson
  • RW Adam Pineault
  • C Geoff Platt
  • W Joakim Lindstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->