Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
Patrik Virta scored his third and led his team in TOI (among forwards) with 21:13. He now has 3-7-10 in 14.

Tarmo Reunanen didn't play again for I believe the third consecutive game. Barring an injury that I haven't read about, it looks like he has lost his spot in the lineup.

As is being discussed in his thread, Lias Andersson currently has two goals, his first two points of the season.

Dominik Lakatos was scoreless again. Rough start for him, for sure.

I asked Liberec fan about him. He said that he definitely expects more from Lakatos. Also said that his linemates are not very good but that is not an excuse, he has to be better. That team is in slump, but they are better than what their current league position shows, I hope that Lakatos will improve with the team and pick up where he left last postseason.

Reactions: Revel

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Not surprising, I said it on Monday literally on this very page of this thread that I expected him to try to get out of the contract. If he can go play in Allsvenskan or possibly the SHL why on earth would he want to be riding buses in Greenville? No loss here and no surprise. Good luck to him back in Sweden or wherever in Europe he lands.

Crawley's in Hartford--played every game so far.

Yeah I just meant I haven't heard much in terms of how he has played. We've had some game/player recaps posted but I don't recall reading much about The Crawler.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huska stopped 33 of 35 in a tie.

Wall, who is off to a bad start, was benched for a freshman who again played well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wouldn't he benefit from more ice time?
I believe he's playing regular minutes in Hartford. So it really comes down to whether you'd prefer him playing 25 minutes each night in junior, or 13 or whatever against pros. The Rangers seem to prefer the latter.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

A paragraph from the article: "For every Mats Zuccarello there are a bunch of players like Stromwall who have talent, are brought to North America but don't make it for one reason or another."

Ok, MZA was absolutely dominant in the SEL, while Stromwall was merely very good in the Allsvenskan. MZA was a better player compared to other SEL players than Malte compared to other Allsvenskan players. Not much of a rocket science as to what that "one reason or another" here could be.

You need to be dominant in a league fully one level below the NHL (AHL, SEL/SHL) to make it one level higher. When you're 2 full levels below (ECHL, Allsvenskan, VHL, Slovakia) and you're already in your 20s, I really don't like your odds of making the NHL.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A paragraph from the article: "For every Mats Zuccarello there are a bunch of players like Stromwall who have talent, are brought to North America but don't make it for one reason or another."

Ok, MZA was absolutely dominant in the SEL, while Stromwall was merely very good in the Allsvenskan. MZA was a better player compared to other SEL players than Malte compared to other Allsvenskan players. Not much of a rocket science as to what that "one reason or another" here could be.

You need to be dominant in a league fully one level below the NHL (AHL, SEL/SHL) to make it one level higher. When you're 2 full levels below (ECHL, Allsvenskan, VHL, Slovakia) and you're already in your 20s, I really don't like your odds of making the NHL.

You're absolutely right (though wait for posts with names of one in 20 exceptions), and that is why it was puzzling that Kovac was brought over given the level he played and how young he was.

Chytil is obviously different. He unexpectedly did quite well at NHL-level camp.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
You're absolutely right (though wait for posts with names of one in 20 exceptions), and that is why it was puzzling that Kovac was brought over given the level he played and how young he was.

Chytil is obviously different. He unexpectedly did quite well at NHL-level camp.
Chytil is on another level. Totally.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Chytil is on another level. Totally.

He's different because he was a 17 year old boy when drafted. Someone that young can and often does make huge progress. A 22 year old like Stromwall is very unlikely to do that. Plus, as you noted, one surprise does not prove all other surprises. A few people win the lottery every day, but it doesn't mean we can rely on our lottery ticket winning. An occasional guy can jump from the ECHL/VHL/Allsvenskan to the NHL, but that's few and far between.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

He's different because he was a 17 year old boy when drafted. Someone that young can and often does make huge progress. A 22 year old like Stromwall is very unlikely to do that. Plus, as you noted, one surprise does not prove all other surprises. A few people win the lottery every day, but it doesn't mean we can rely on our lottery ticket winning. An occasional guy can jump from the ECHL/VHL/Allsvenskan to the NHL, but that's few and far between.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tarmo Reunanen was sent down to the U20 Jr. Liiga, which is a bad sign. Unless he's injured and rehabbing, that's a really poor reflection on his development at this point.

Tyler Wall appears to have lost his starting job. He was brutal in three games, all losses, and now a freshman has had 3 consecutive starts where he has killed it.

Huska was playing well but was shelled in his last game, giving up 6 goals.

Sean Day has 5 points in 8 games, Gettinger is having a solid year with 15 points in 13 games, and Ronning has been hot with 10 goals and 16 points in 12 games.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Tarmo Reunanen was sent down to the U20 Jr. Liiga, which is a bad sign. Unless he's injured and rehabbing, that's a really poor reflection on his development at this point.

Tyler Wall appears to have lost his starting job. He was brutal in three games, all losses, and now a freshman has had 3 consecutive starts where he has killed it.

Huska was playing well but was shelled in his last game, giving up 6 goals.

Sean Day has 5 points in 8 games, Gettinger is having a solid year with 15 points in 13 games, and Ronning has been hot with 10 goals and 16 points in 12 games.

Reunanen did have a 4 point night in the U20 game that he played so he hopefully doesn't stay down there for long. I am very happy with how Gettinger and Ronning are progressing, not too worried about Day not being a ppg at his level, as long as he stays healthy and sound defensively I just want him to be ready next season to go pro. All three of those guys deserve it, I am still hoping to get NHL players out of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad