Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 5.29.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, agree with you @Ola Lias is not boring. He is fun to watch. I`ll visit Goteborg and watch some games this season when I find some time.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Dominik Lakatos was scoreless, -2 and managed 14 PIM. He picked up an unsportsmanlike after taking a tripping penalty early. He had 80 PIM in 41 games last season and is on a similar trajectory this year with 26 PIM in 10 games. Would be nice to see him picking up some points however rather than rotting in the box. Worth mentioning however is that his team sucks and is tied for second-worst in the league.
Is there relegation in the Czech Extraliga?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is there relegation in the Czech Extraliga?
In a sense. At the very end, the two bottom Extraliga teams and the two top teams from the lower division play a round robin tournament, with the top two teams from that tournament making the Extraliga the next season and the bottom two going down. So it's possible to have no promotions or relegations in a season, or to have two.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
In a sense. At the very end, the two bottom Extraliga teams and the two top teams from the lower division play a round robin tournament, with the top two teams from that tournament making the Extraliga the next season and the bottom two going down. So it's possible to have no promotions or relegations in a season, or to have two.
Gotcha. It's similar to Allsvenskan.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lias Andersson starting again as the 2C, with Max Friberg (275+ AHL games and a handful of NHL games) and Victor Olofsson (2014 7th round pick by Buffalo) on his flanks. I believe the game starts in about an hour.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Props to whoever did all the work. You did a great job. Any chance of getting a list broken down by position instead of by location?
FYI, Nicky, and I'm not sure you even look in here anymore, but I am still thinking about how to get a lost by position implemented like I did last time. Problem is the tables are larger and harder to scroll through, and I have a character limit I'm bumping into. I'm working on it though!

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lias Andersson starting again as the 2C, with Max Friberg (275+ AHL games and a handful of NHL games) and Victor Olofsson (2014 7th round pick by Buffalo) on his flanks. I believe the game starts in about an hour.

This is still the CHL? Does that "end" at some point, I don't even know how this all works now

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
FYI, Nicky, and I'm not sure you even look in here anymore, but I am still thinking about how to get a lost by position implemented like I did last time. Problem is the tables are larger and harder to scroll through, and I have a character limit I'm bumping into. I'm working on it though!
I usually only see the threads in my watch list since the board change over. I did not realize or remember that you made the original list. Sorted by positions would be great but I do not want you to have any headaches on my account. I do not keep up with our prospects much till they hit the AHL. We have so many guys overseas now.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is still the CHL? Does that "end" at some point, I don't even know how this all works now
This is an actual SHL game, so his domestic league. Like European football they mix the tournament stuff into the calendar with the league matches. The Champions League does end eventually, though I don't know when.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Like in football, teams play in their domestic league from September/October until April/May (Hockey might end a bit sooner).

The Champions League is running side by side. They play on weekdays, while most league games are on weekends in some leagues.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Daniel Bernhardt has now missed his sixth consecutive game for Karlsoka. No idea what's up with him.

Calle Sjalin has now missed his second consecutive game for Leksands. No idea what's up with him, either.

Dominik Lakatos played and was scoreless in 14 minutes. He has 3 points in 11 games, which is disappointing. Including the playoffs (when he had 13 points in 16 games), he totaled 35 points in 57 games last season. So he's way off that pace.

Patrik Virta was also scoreless. Tarmo Reunanen was a scratch.

Kind of a dud of a night for our Euro guys.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Själin must be injured, he was on their top pairing before.

Worth noting about Lakatos is that his team has started the season REALLY bad, they were good last season. Still a disappointing start, hopefully he turns it around.

Reunanen was dressed and listed as the 7th D, not sure if he got any ice time though... Could just have been rested, he played quite a bit mid week in CHL.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Själin must be injured, he was on their top pairing before.

Worth noting about Lakatos is that his team has started the season REALLY bad, they were good last season. Still a disappointing start, hopefully he turns it around.

Reunanen was dressed and listed as the 7th D, not sure if he got any ice time though... Could just have been rested, he played quite a bit mid week in CHL.
Yeah, Lakatos' team is crap. That certainly factors into things. Currently 13th out of 14 teams. One thing that is somewhat concerning is that he was ninth in TOI among forwards. I don't have a breakdown by ES/SH/PP, but I don't know that it really matters. One of the hopes for him this season was that he'd step into a bigger role on that team, particularly after he tore it up in the playoffs. For whatever reason, it hasn't happened for him. I guess it is worth mentioning he has 4 points (2+2) in 5 Champions League games.

Reunanen didn't see the ice. Hopefully as you said it was just rest. I'm afraid however it was the result of his being a -2 in a 5-2 win in the Champions League game a couple days ago. TPS is pretty deep defensively as I mentioned previously (with both vets and youth), so if you have a bad game or two there are other players pushing to get in. I guess we'll wait and see.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
It's definitely a bit concerning on Lakatos, we can just hope he's a slow starter and that he earns his coaches trust soon.

Yeah, i'm a little bit worried how Juolevi coming in is going to affect Reunanen, they're similar players and Juolevi definitely has the better pedigree. But i'm not going to panic after one game :) Hopefully he cements a place in the top-6 even with Juolevi in there.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So solving the Daniel Bernhardt mystery that no one cared about is this article: http://nwt.se/sport/ishockey/folj_bikkarlskoga/2017/10/09/bik-forwarden-borjar-bli-valdigt

It's behind a paywall but the snippet on Twitter, which is where I found it, indicated he has some hip and groin problems. In that article, dated October 9th, he says he could be out another week.

So in another few days we'll hopefully be back to not caring about Daniel Bernhardt performing poorly in Allsvenskan.

Reactions: Revel

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Like in football, teams play in their domestic league from September/October until April/May (Hockey might end a bit sooner).

The Champions League is running side by side. They play on weekdays, while most league games are on weekends in some leagues.

I don't watch football so I wouldn't know :)

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Lias again without a point today, had a good opportunity near the end of the game but could not convert.

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
Unlike the rangers, the pack is doing quite well today. Chytil has two assists so far.

Reactions: Ori

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I've never seen the kid play so I have no clue if he's legit but already to think we took Crawley 5 spots before Steenbergen. Not to say anyone would've predicted this but what a crazy start for him and both of them are overagers. Unfortunately dude's a center too.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ronning had an assist and 5 shots. He must have had a good game as his team lost 4-3 in OT but he was named Second Star.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I'm kinda shocked Ronning doesn't have an ELC yet. Even if he is the next Ryan Bourque, give this kid a chance with Hartford. He did play very well in his short tenure alongside Beck.

Reactions: Revel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->