Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Crunch lost. Too many injuries to overcome. Dumont injured and did not play. Bournival injured did not play. Cirelli called up. Erne called up. Yan injured did not play. Peca playing hurt ... just looked so off. It wasn't meant to be. A full squad we would have steamrolled 'em.

So by my count ... that is: top 3 centers injured or called up and two top 6 wingers injured or called up. Wish they would have at least gotten some reinforcements ... Katchouk / Raddysh / Barret-Boulet.

/dissapointed

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Crunch lost. Too many injuries to overcome. Dumont injured and did not play. Bournival injured did not play. Cirelli called up. Erne called up. Yan injured did not play. Peca playing hurt ... just looked so off. It wasn't meant to be. A full squad we would have steamrolled 'em.

So by my count ... that is: top 3 centers injured or called up and two top 6 wingers injured or called up. Wish they would have at least gotten some reinforcements ... Katchouk / Raddysh / Barret-Boulet.

/dissapointed

You would have steamrolled one of the best teams in the ahl's history?

btw as a kitchener rangers season ticket holder got to watch katchouk a lot recently and you guys got a good one there. He was obviously playing injured and still dominated

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
You would have steamrolled one of the best teams in the ahl's history?

btw as a kitchener rangers season ticket holder got to watch katchouk a lot recently and you guys got a good one there. He was obviously playing injured and still dominated

Absolutely, no question.

Bournival - Peca - Erne
Volkov - Cirelli - Joseph
Verhaege - Dumont - Stephens
Yan - Lynch - Condra

This is the forward lineup you would have faced. Instead ... we played Lynch top line minutes. Three kids were signed as PTOs from the ECHL who played like 5 - 10 games with the Crunch, I can't even name them ... Bourke, X, and X ... who knows / who cares they'll never play for the Crunch again. They had to play a defenseman at forward ... Thomas. What ya'll faced is a shell of the team they should have put on the ice.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Absolutely, no question.

Bournival - Peca - Erne
Volkov - Cirelli - Joseph
Verhaege - Dumont - Stephens
Yan - Lynch - Condra

This is the forward lineup you would have faced. Instead ... we played Lynch top line minutes. Three kids were signed as PTOs from the ECHL who played like 5 - 10 games with the Crunch, I can't even name them ... Bourke, X, and X ... who knows / who cares they'll never play for the Crunch again. They had to play a defenseman at forward ... Thomas. What ya'll faced is a shell of the team they should have put on the ice.

Okay good to know. How many games did this lineup play in the regular season approximately? I am just curious as I don't follow the crunch

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Okay good to know. How many games did this lineup play in the regular season approximately? I am just curious as I don't follow the crunch

Cirelli played 51 games in the AHL before getting called up. Erne played 41 games in the AHL before getting called up ... and then got injured. Bournival played 57 games before getting injured. Peca was on and off the TB Lightning roster getting called up then sent back down was day to day to start the series and missed the first game...battled through a tough injury. Dumont started the season with the Lightning ... and got injured in the first round of the playoffs. Missed game one. He tried playing in game 2 (the OT game) but did not come back after the first period for the remainder of the series. So game 2 ... we were a forward down while playing with a defenseman at forward to begin the game.

Lightning had to go and pickup Brandan Bradley from the ECHL with 2 games remaining in the season. Played 6 games in the playoffs including vs Marlies. Bourke was picked up from the ECHL with 6 games remaining in the season ... played 6 games in the playoffs including every game against the Marlies. Walcott and Gallant are plugs who would never see the lineup if it wasn't for callups and injuries.

Anyways ... you now have some context in your "sweep".

Reactions: Stamper

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't even know how we go about projecting next year's team, considering how good the NHL team looks right now, but also how many of these kids appear to be knocking on the door.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I blame Groulx more than the injuries. There was no reason to go back to Pasquale for game 1 instead of sticking to Ingram. We lost our momentum there and the double OT game just gutted whatever was left of the team. That was a poor decision by him and there's no way Toronto should've swept them even with the injuries.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My postseason prospect rankings, was going to do a write up on each player but is too hard to do on mobile. If you want to see a write up on a specific player just ask.

1. Cal Foote
2. Mathieu Joseph
3. Boris Katchouk
4. Mitchell Stephens
5. Taylor Raddysh
6. Alex Volkov
7. Erik Cernak
8. Dominik Masin
9. Connor Ingram
10. Carter Verhaeghe
11. Dennis Yan
12. Alex Barre-Boulet
13. Otto Sommpi
14. Alexey Lipanov
15. Sammy Walker
16. Ben Thomas
17. Nick Perbix
18. Oleg Sosunov
19. Ross Colton
20. Cole Guttman

I don't count guys who were on the NHL roster to end the year as prospects so no Cirelli as he's an NHLer to me. Even with Syracuse coming up short and no prospect going to the memorial cup it was a good year for prospects. Katchouk, Volkov and Ingram are big risers. I liked the years from Verheaghe, Sommpi, Walker, Sosunov, and Perbix. Was disappointed in Thomas, Spencer, Lipanov and the college kids didn't take big strides. Injuries hurt Yan, Tammela and Guttman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->