Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I thought I saw someone post in one of our GDTs that we did but I can't find anything anywhere. Weird.

I read that we were trying to sign him or that we were likely to sign him. Don't know where I saw that. With Howden leaving a Center roster position open in Syracuse, would likely be a nice addition. Never seen the kid play though ... not sure what he brings besides what looks like elite scoring.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I read that we were trying to sign him or that we were likely to sign him. Don't know where I saw that. With Howden leaving a Center roster position open in Syracuse, would likely be a nice addition. Never seen the kid play though ... not sure what he brings besides what looks like elite scoring.

Found the tweet:

Would be nice if true.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I tried making a thread and it lasted about 10 minutes. No one had anything on him and it's even harder to find film. I better start learning French or finding QMJHL games

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I tried making a thread and it lasted about 10 minutes. No one had anything on him and it's even harder to find film. I better start learning French or finding QMJHL games

Finding QMJHL games is difficult (highlights are freely available on theqmjhl.ca, but the games themselves are hosted by Neulion).

In terms of info, he plays in Broisbriand-Blainville, which is a french suburb of Montreal, so there would be more french than english on him.

He's a late bloomer, having not been drafted at 16, putting up 51 points as a 17 year-old rookie, then taking off the last 3 years.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The reason he hasn't been signed, Sommpi too for that matter, is that from January to mid March most teams just don't sign prospects. They are coming to the end of their seasons so they don't distract them from that with contract signings, even though signing some papers shouldn't do that, it's just the way it goes. As the season starts ending there will be an easy of signings. For us I believe we have to sign Sommpi and we are the favorites to sign Barre-Boulet. I would like to see us looking for another LD, we have Masin and Sosunov as the only signed minor league LD going into next year and with Koekkoek being uncertain to return Masin could be in line for a call up at some point. Would prefer another prospect on the Crunch instead of a bunch of vets. Maybe trade a Thomas or Spencer for a team with excess left and in need of a righty.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Baby Bolts vs Binghamton Devils:

Bournival - Lynch - Condra
Peca - Dumont - Joseph
Yan - Stephens - Verhaeghe
Volkov - Tammela - Walcott

McNeil - McBain
Masin - Cernak
Bodie - Thomas

Ingram

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Baby Bolts vs Baby Habs:

Stephens - Lynch - Volkov
Bournival - Dumont - Archambault
Walcott - Peca - Condra
Yan - Tammela - Verhaeghe

McNeil - Thomas
Masin - Cernak
Bodie - Spencer

Paquale

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
The coach / GM of the Pats is an ex-Rangers scout. Saw a story that he drove Hajek to meet the NYR coaching staff in Calgary after the trade was announced. Some deep connections there ... probably gave the Rangers the 411 on Hajek and that’s why the Rags insisted that he had to included as part of the package for McDonagh and Miller.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The coach / GM of the Pats is an ex-Rangers scout. Saw a story that he drove Hajek to meet the NYR coaching staff in Calgary after the trade was announced. Some deep connections there ... probably gave the Rangers the 411 on Hajek and that’s why the Rags insisted that he had to included as part of the package for McDonagh and Miller.

Geez. Well here's hoping Hajek has a great career. If you want to follow the trail back to the very start, #19 himself Steve Yzerman essentially turned the 19th pick of the 2014 draft (DeAngelo) into Ryan McDonagh no differently than Yzerman turned Downie into the 2012 19th pick that became Vasy.

Illuminati membership confirmed

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Baby Bolts Lineup Tonight:

Archambault - Lynch - Volkov
Bournival - Dumont - Joseph
Walcott - Peca - Condra
Verhaeghe - Stephens - Yan

McNeil - Cernak
Masin - Thomas
Bodie - Spencer

Budaj

*Brett the Hitman Hart night at the Memorial Center. "The best there was .... the best there is .... the best there'll ever will be".

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
#2 Edina and Sammy Walker are currently losing to #3 Duluth East 3-1 with less than 8 minutes to go.

3-2 not over yet

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm gonna be honest I never heard of Sammy Walker until you guys mentioned it. I mean make no mistake, being named the best player in Minnesota is a BIG deal and it makes total sense that a guy that's 5'9 a buck 50 in weight and playing at the American high school level would pan out to be a 7th rounder but I gotta know is this kid a real piece that teams simply overlooked or are we just moved on to High School hype here?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm gonna be honest I never heard of Sammy Walker until you guys mentioned it. I mean make no mistake, being named the best player in Minnesota is a BIG deal and it makes total sense that a guy that's 5'9 a buck 50 in weight and playing at the American high school level would pan out to be a 7th rounder but I gotta know is this kid a real piece that teams simply overlooked or are we just moved on to High School hype here?

He's a legit player, just not sure he's a legit NHL player. He's no Gaudreau but he does have the look of s future Hobey Baker finalist. What I question about him is that he spent almost the whole year playing HS hockey. He played less than a handful of games in the USHL which is a much stronger league than Minnesota HS hockey. Mittelstadt tore up HS last year but also tore up the USHL as well, he split between the two while Walker didn't. He's going to a good program where he will play top competition and have a chance to develop properly but he's still years away. He needs two years in the NCAA at least till we know what we might have.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's a legit player, just not sure he's a legit NHL player. He's no Gaudreau but he does have the look of s future Hobey Baker finalist. What I question about him is that he spent almost the whole year playing HS hockey. He played less than a handful of games in the USHL which is a much stronger league than Minnesota HS hockey. Mittelstadt tore up HS last year but also tore up the USHL as well, he split between the two while Walker didn't. He's going to a good program where he will play top competition and have a chance to develop properly but he's still years away. He needs two years in the NCAA at least till we know what we might have.

Good good. Well it's nice to have a legit 7th rounder. I mean no joking about it, you don't get drafted period if you can't play hockey but some guys always have that something that holds them back whether it's bad shot, IQ, foot speed, size, etc. You don't win awards in Minnesota without being good either and you sure aren't gonna win the Hobey Baker without being good either, much less looking like a finalist. Without having seen anything on Walker I had to figure it was a size issue because there's a lot of small guys who at 18 years old that could be decent NHL players if they were 6 inches taller, 100 lbs heavier and didn't have a potential career of doing an impression of a bug splattered on a windshield. If Walker is one of those guys then yeah why not draft him and take a chance?

2 years NCAA sounds right for a guy like Walker. Especially as a 7th rounder with nothing being a guarantee. I gotta hand it to him the kid is smart. Get a degree for a day job in case pro hockey doesn't work out. Considering our gluttony of forward prospects I figure probably at least a full season (or 2) in Syracuse is going to be on his plate too unless he proves to be exceptional.

It's good to know the hype is real about this kid. Let's hope we hear from him in a couple of years with an extra 25 lbs of muscle and he follows in the footsteps of those who played for us that came before him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad