Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That is because we are having more fun quietly waiting for and then reading wanna be troll posts like this. Thank you for helping restore our faith.

Not trolling anyone and didn't even mean anyone here. I was talking about the Syracuse fans on Twitter who get really whiny after a few losses. But, ya know, if the shoe fits.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Now Matt, tis' the season to be merry and happy. Unfortunately, as good as both teams are playing right now, a couple of key injuries and the true level of depth will show. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it at the AHL level.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Depth is usually synonymous with experience. the crunch don't have a lot of experience, but that doesn't mean they don't have the proper personnel that could be labeled as such after more time.

I, for one, am excited about the future of the Crunch with the amount of young players with high (for the AHL) ceilings.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Yes, the future is promising. Another year or two and Tampa can free up some cap space by letting some of the vets go as long as the current kids continue to grow.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Anybody know what is going on with Jonne Tammela? Only played two games last season and is yet to play a game this season. I know he had knee surgery but that was nearly a year ago.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Anybody know what is going on with Jonne Tammela? Only played two games last season and is yet to play a game this season. I know he had knee surgery but that was nearly a year ago.

He missed training camp with an undisclosed injury. Latest report of his activity is here that I'm aware of: Syracuse Crunch's Erik Condra draws closer to return, but uncertainty is frustrating . He had patella tendonitis which probably keeps flaring up. Probably would have endeded up in Syracuse if he were healthy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My end of year top 25

1. Foote
2. Howden
3. Katchouk
4. Joseph
5. Cirelli
6. Cernak
7. Raddysh
8. Erne
9. Hajek
10. Masin
11. Volkov
12. Yan
13. Lipanov
14. Thomas
15. Ingram
16. Verheaghe
17. Guttman
18. Colton
19. Lohin
20. Spencer
21. Zuhlsdorf
22. Walker
23. Perbix
24. Sosunov
25. Sommpi

Top 15 should see the NHL at some point in their career, the bottom 10 are AHL guys but a few with potential but need to show a bit more still. Risers are Katchouk, I was high on him already he just cemented that thinking, Hajek, was down on him after last year, and Volkov, wasn't sure what to expect but the transition has been great and looks like a player. Fallers are Lipanov, not really fallen as he's about where I had him but he hasn't had a the best transition and doesn't look as good when not playing with Svechnikov, Paquette, guy is awful should've never been picked before the 7th round he has no offensive talent, and Tammela, he's been hurt so it's harsh but he hasn't played but 2 games in about two seasons and I don't know if he can come back to be anything.

A guy I've been impressed with this year is Verheaghe, has looked really good on both ends of the ice and the Crunch are much better with him in the lineup. Don't think he has a long term NHL future but he's a kid I can see getting a look this year or next. He didn't get a long look in camp a they didn't know him so maybe this year isn't his year as Peca is more likely but he's pushing Peca to me in Syracuse. Think next year he gets a longer camp look and gets a few games like Richard or Vermin in the past but not a permanent spot as Cirelli and the bunch should get those.

Paquette shouldn't get a contract, Sommpi is playing himself into one but with Howden coming they may not offer but we could use the depth down there. Sosunov has been a surprise but with Hajek coming not sure they want two rookies on the blue line so maybe he goes back for an overage year? The college kids are looking good but none of them have taken the next step, just improving slightly which is fine as we have a few years with them. Don't get to see the USHL kids so hard to see how they're playing, from boxscores Walker is killing high school hockey but not much in the USHL, Perbix is performing well and Guttman is a bit down but his team did lose two of the best players last year which will hurt. All together nobody has jumped to elite status, Katchouk is looking like he could contend for OHL player of the year. Nobody has bombed either, besides Paquette but had no hopes for him anyway. The pipe is looking strong and deep still.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Good list, I'd move Joseph down below Raddysh and Cirelli, you also forgot Stephens.

Nice catch not sure how I missed him considering I was talking him up in another thread. I'd have him at 11 then you could slot everyone else down 1.

I'm really high on Joseph as to why I have him in my top 5. Him and Cirelli are close but I like the fact that Jospeph has the better shot so should score more goals and there's more opportunities on the wings. As for Raddysh I'm still not sold on his game being as good at the NHL level, skating is improved but not as good as Joseph or Cirelli. Not being the go to go not sure how his production does and if he's ready to do the things expected of a complimentary player.

Reactions: Steazy Doo

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Volkov with 4 goals in last 2 games

believe that gives him 12 on the year and 23 points in 33 games

That's a real positive step forward for him because for a moment it looked like he might actually do the unthinkable and make the team right out of camp. I don't think it's unimaginable that having a slow start in the AHL after that probably shook his confidence and that it's gotta be back up by now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I'm so happy with the Crunch right now. I was getting really tired of Syracuse fans on Twitter complaining about Yzerman not caring about the team coming off it's 2nd Calder Final appearance in 4 years. The team is young and extremely skilled. Next year will have another influx of skill and youth with Raddysh, Howden, and Katchouk joining. Expecting big things out of them over the next 2-3 years.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
KNow Walker quite well. He is the leading scorer on the perennial powerhouse in MN HS hockey. Has a bit of a terrier to him, as well as his skating and offensive skills. Is playing C this year quite a bit, but I see him as a scoring winger. He's a rink rat, and always has been. The only thing working against him is his family history. Both of his older brothers were very good HS players also, but never got further than the AHL besides a cup of coffee in the NHL. They both left HS early to play Junior hockey in Canada(Victoria), whereas Sammy is staying for senior year HS a la Mittelstadt to hopefully win a championship, then go on to the NCAA(MN Gophers). Remains to be seen if his different path will help him to make it in the NHL.

I would say that the league as it is now suits him. Speed and skill are his forte...pretty gutsy, too.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
KNow Walker quite well. He is the leading scorer on the perennial powerhouse in MN HS hockey. Has a bit of a terrier to him, as well as his skating and offensive skills. Is playing C this year quite a bit, but I see him as a scoring winger. He's a rink rat, and always has been. The only thing working against him is his family history. Both of his older brothers were very good HS players also, but never got further than the AHL besides a cup of coffee in the NHL. They both left HS early to play Junior hockey in Canada(Victoria), whereas Sammy is staying for senior year HS a la Mittelstadt to hopefully win a championship, then go on to the NCAA(MN Gophers). Remains to be seen if his different path will help him to make it in the NHL.

I would say that the league as it is now suits him. Speed and skill are his forte...pretty gutsy, too.

Walker was definitely one of my favorites to watch at the last Prospect Development Camp. Below are the observations I made about him at Camp at that time, before I knew much of anything about our prospects. I have high hopes for him. :D

Me back in July 2017 said:
WALKER, Samuel – The surprise gem of the camp! Watching him in the puck handling drills was rather amazing. These drills were all new to him but DANG can he move that puck! With him, it’s not just good stick work; it’s how he moves/skates with speed, balance and excellent control. Power skating was easy for him as he already seemed to understand the concept. The 3v3 really showcased his talent. Terrific skating, great hands, wonderfully sneaky shots even under pressure. Doggone it, the kid can MOVE!

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Libor Hajek is currently leading all defensemen in scoring at the World Juniors. He's been hidden on a pretty weak Saskatoon Blades team but is using this tournament as a platform to break out. He probably doesn't have high offensive upside but looks like a solid NHL prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad