Prospects at the Stanley Cup Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
zamboni said:
Well according to Ovechkin his favorite player is Iginla. I thought it was Lemieux and Nolan?
How about he becomes a combination of all 3?

:banana:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
sundinfan13 said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=85418

Just found it interesting that Ovechkin, Ladd, Barker, Picard, and Montoya were together watching the game. I never knew about this "tradition". Did they show the guys on TV, I may have missed it. Ovechkin's English seems really good, unlike many of the other highly drafted Europeans. Just a little side note I found cool.

Ovechkin comes off as extraordinarily motivated and dedicated to stardom at the NHL level. He continues to impress. Unless I'm being a flaming homer, and most Europeans take 2 years of english. I wonder if most of the potentiall first round picks were given the same opportunity?

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
habsfan4life said:
Can anyone confirm what they said? I missed it....

Don Cherry asked everyone their names, where they're from than their fave players. Ovechkin said Iginla. Montoya said Turco cause he played in Michigan too. Ladd said Neely. Then Cherry asked Ladd who the other players from his home town were. He named a few names. The only 1 i rerember is Greg Moore.

Don Cherry also said these are next next superstars of the NHL so rerember the faces. He said he did this when Vincent Lecavalier was a young kid too.

He does this every year as far back as i can rerember. I think it started with Thorntons draft year cause the next year he put Thornton's 1st goal on Rock Em Sock Em.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/coach.html

First vid.

Wally112pac said:
Don Cherry asked everyone their names, where they're from than their fave players. Ovechkin said Iginla. Montoya said Turco cause he played in Michigan too. Ladd said Neely. Then Cherry asked Ladd who the other players from his home town were. He named a few names. The only 1 i rerember is Greg Moore.

Don Cherry also said these are next next superstars of the NHL so rerember the faces. He said he did this when Vincent Lecavalier was a young kid too.

He does this every year as far back as i can rerember. I think it started with Thorntons draft year cause the next year he put Thornton's 1st goal on Rock Em Sock Em.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/coach.html

First vid.

He mentioned Pronger, so I'm guessing he started doing it even earlier than that.

I'll just mention a couple more things. Picard said his favorite player was Forsberg, and Barker picked Orr. They also joked around about Ovechkin saying Domi was his favorite player before the cameras were rolling.

Last edited:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Cherry: And you, who's your favourite player?
Ovechkin: *pause* Uhh, Igin.....Iginla
Cherry: Whoa whoa whoa, I thought you said before your favourite player was 'Tie Daahhmie'?

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->