Prospects at the Memorial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
The memorial cup tournament starts this week-end and I don't know very much about players to watch for Guelph, Kelowna and Medicine Hat. I know that Cam Barker is playing for MH and Daniel Paillée for Guelph, but it would be interesting to have some information about the other players with these teams.

Thanks

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Jakub Koreis has been working his ass off for Guelph all playoffs. This is his first season in NA, and he has put up respectable numbers in a defensive role, getting time on PP and SH units.

Lupul15

May 6, 2004
MTL
Cariboux said:
The memorial cup tournament starts this week-end and I don't know very much about players to watch for Guelph, Kelowna and Medicine Hat. I know that Cam Barker is playing for MH and Daniel Paillée for Guelph, but it would be interesting to have some information about the other players with these teams.

Thanks

There's Jakub Koreis playing for Guelph, he's a first round pick from Phoenix. He's big, plays center, he plays against the opponent's big line. He really elevated his play in the playoff, he had 18 points in 20 games.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Watch for Ryan Hollweg on the Tigers. He's elevated his play since returning from the near career ending injury and even got singed by the Rangers (he was drafted by them but never signed because of the injury) earlier this month.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Another Coyotes' prospect is Randall Gelech for Kelowna. He put up great numbers in the offseason tournament that the Kings, Coyotes, Ducks and Sharks held. He started off his WHL season slowly, most likely due to a nagging injury, but has come on of late and had a decent playoff run.

leafaholix*

Dominic D'Amour is a big stay at home defenseman for the Gatineau Olympiques.

He's a 2002 draft pick of the Leafs. Apparentely (according to Gatineau fans), he's been their best defenseman through the QMJHL playoffs and one of the top 2 throughout the QMJHL season.

A nasty player.

stugotz

Mar 17, 2004
the OHL's toughest fighter is Cam Janssen on Guelph, he is a 4th round pick of New Jersey,

GlueleG

Mar 29, 2002
Brooklin, Ontario
Visit site
Kevin Klein for the Guelph Storm has been great. He's averaged almost a point a game, which for one of the top defensive defensemen in the OHL is like the icing on the cake. He is a solid prospect for Nashville.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
hillbilly said:
Shea Weber was lighting up the score sheet in the WHL playoffs. also another solid Nashville prospect :yo:

How about another Kelowna d-man, Mike Card... Wow did he ever fall, went from a projected first round pick last year, to #204 I believe at mid-season, to completely falling out by year end... Perhaps a last effort at getting drafted late round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->