Prospects aspiring to be heroes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
In case you're not aware, In The Game has released 2004-2005 Prospects and Heroes hockey cards. Checklist

There's also a group of cards called Aspiring. I found it kind of interesting and wondered what everyone's thoughts were...Do these pairings seem accurate? Why do you think each prospect was matched with the hero listed?? What are the similarities? Or what do you think the differences are if you feel they got it wrong?? Any comments?

Aspiring
1 Mario Lemieux/Sidney Crosby
2 Mario Lemieux/Alexander Ovechkin
3 Patrick Roy/Marc-André Fleury
4 Patrick Roy/Kari Lehtonen
5 Raymond Bourque/Dion Phaneuf
6 Cam Neely/Alexander Ovechkin
7 Mike Bossy/Mike Richards
8 Frank Mahovlich/Patrick O'Sullivan
9 Phil Esposito/Brad Boyes
10 Grant Fuhr/Devan Dubnyk
11 Bobby Clarke/Jeff Carter
12 Jacques Plante/Julien Ellis-Plante
13 Gilbert Perreault/Sidney Crosby
14 Stan Mikita/Corey Perry
15 Jean Béliveau/Corey Locke
16 Gerry Cheevers/David LeNeveu

TVanek26*

Great product.I ordered a fex boxes of the product a few days ago,should get it soon...would love to pull a Crosby auto or Crosby jersey.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
The Bossy/Richards comparison kind of caught me off-guard, I didn't know Richards was supposed to be a pure sniper...and Jeff Carter compared to Clarke too, I didn't think Carter was dirty or nasty at all, let alone as nasty or dirty as Clarke was.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
felixd said:
The Bossy/Richards comparison kind of caught me off-guard, I didn't know Richards was supposed to be a pure sniper...and Jeff Carter compared to Clarke too, I didn't think Carter was dirty or nasty at all, let alone as nasty or dirty as Clarke was.

I suspect the Carter/Clarke comparison is more about team lineage than anything.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
I suspect the Carter/Clarke comparison is more about team lineage than anything.

It's merely being cute. Jacques Plante and Julien Plante (well they're both goalies, their names start with J, and they have the same last names! Ha! How clever!)
It holds no water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->