Prospects and Marlies Discussion: The Hope for the Future Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully they put Nylander and Brown together. They had some great chemistry in the Buffalo game. Maybe add Hyman on the right side.

Brown - Nylander - Hyman
Frattin - Froese - Kapanen
Soshnikov - Rupert - Leivo
Clune - Carrick - Panik

Campbell - Brennan
Percy - Loov
Valiev - Holl

Bibeau

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hopefully they put Nylander and Brown together. They had some great chemistry in the Buffalo game. Maybe add Hyman on the right side.

Brown - Nylander - Hyman
Clune - Carrick - Panik

Campbell - Brennan
Percy - Loov
Valiev - Holl

Bibeau

Brown is a natural RW, and I think it would be wise to keep them together as a duo.

I can't see Panik as a 4th line winger in the AHL.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Brown - Nylander - Hyman
Clune - Carrick - Panik

Campbell - Brennan
Percy - Loov
Valiev - Holl

Bibeau

Brown can probably play the left but he's a RW. The weird thing with the Marlies have a lot of right handed forwards. It's very hard to predict the lines because a lot of wingers can flip flop and it would still look great.

My opinion on the lines:

Panik - Nylander - Brown
Soshnikov - Froese - Kapanen
Leivo - Carrick - Hyman
Frattin/Clune - Rupert/Gauthier - Bailey/Frattin

(Gauthier rotates with Rupert for back to backs and Clune rotates with Bailey or Frattin)

Percy - Brennan
Loov - Campbell
Valiev - Holl
Martin

Sparks
Bibeau

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Brown can probably play the left but he's a RW. The weird thing with the Marlies have a lot of right handed forwards. It's very hard to predict the lines because a lot of wingers can flip flop and it would still look great.

My opinion on the lines:

Panik - Nylander - Brown
Soshnikov - Froese - Kapanen
Leivo - Carrick - Hyman
Frattin/Clune - Rupert/Gauthier - Bailey/Frattin

(Gauthier rotates with Rupert for back to backs and Clune rotates with Bailey or Frattin)

Percy - Brennan
Loov - Campbell
Valiev - Holl
Martin

Sparks
Bibeau

Frattin was Marlies 2nd leading scorer last year in only 59 games 26-22-48 points .. It would be surprising if he is a healthy scratch very often.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Frattin was Marlies 2nd leading scorer last year in only 59 games 26-22-48 points .. It would be surprising if he is a healthy scratch very often.

True true. But remember, it's a new regime and coach. Emphasis might be different and the depth is a lot deeper this year. We didn't have Panik, Soshnikov, Kapanen and Hyman. Those 4 players will get a lot of minutes.

Either way, I'm sure plenty of players will rotate in and out of the lineup more then the players I posted. 3 games in 3 nights in the AHL does that.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Apparently Toronto offered a contract to Nilsson after he was let go by Islanders, but he didn't want to go back to the team that had just traded him.

Too bad. He was a really good AHL player and probably still has a bit more room to grow. If he doesn't get injured long-term last season, he might have had a really good season.

The one thing the Marlies don't have is great depth defensively. After the top 6, it starts to get fairly low quality. If they could have added Nilsson, it gives them another very capable top 6 AHL defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad