Kapanen - Nylander - Brown
Soshnikov - Froese - Frattin
Leipsic - R. Rupert - Hyman
Leivo - Carrick - Panik
Bailey

Percy - Brennan
Holl - Lööv
Campbell - Valiev

Obviously Panik is a possibility in which case he'd take Frattin's spot, Frattin would move to 3rd, Hyman to 4th and Bailey will be subbed in, in typical AHL fashion. I'd like to see Skladnichenko, M. Rupert, Clapperton, Vail, Gauthier and Watling all get time as well. I think they'll go the Detroit/Babcock model of having bottom 6 guys play bottom 6 minutes, AHL or NHL. Guys like Leivo and Hyman (Who will most likely be on the Leafs' bottom 6 post-TDL) will play bottom 6 for the Marlies to get that system ingrained.

I think we will see a trade before too long - there are simply to many guys there now. They want to see what they have or don't have in Gauthier but they won't watch too long if he hasn't got it. I'd prefer to see Fred in Orlando so he can start getting up to speed.

I would rather see the Ruperts play than Johnson and Clune to be honest. They bring more skill along with the grit and agitation than the vets.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Dzierkals with another 2 points - 10 in 6gp so far. Holy crap I posted this at the same time as the above post lol

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Who do you guys compare Dzierkals' game to in the NHL? What's his potential?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I'm not too happy how Loov is being handled. 2nd consecutive camp that he's looked ready for the next step, yet he's being held back by players like Marincin, Harrington, Robidas, and the likes.

Dzierkals a goal and an assist tonight. 10 points in six games so far.
Very hot start, good to hear. Didn't expect this kind of production so soon.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I'm not too happy how Loov is being handled. 2nd consecutive camp that he's looked ready for the next step, yet he's being held back by players like Marincin, Harrington, Robidas, and the likes.

Very hot start, good to hear. Didn't expect this kind of production so soon.

Some Posters lump these guys together as if Marincin and Harrington were grizzled oldtimers like Robidas, holding back young blueliners like Percy and Loov.

By birth year:

1992, Marincin, Loov
1993, Harrington, Percy

They are all prospects of similar age. Two of them appear to have made the Leafs to start the year. That's not bad. And it isn't holding back youth.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Some Posters lump these guys together as if Marincin and Harrington were grizzled oldtimers like Robidas, holding back young blueliners like Percy and Loov.

By birth year:

1992, Marincin, Loov
1993, Harrington, Percy

They are all prospects of similar age. Two of them appear to have made the Leafs to start the year. That's not bad. And it isn't holding back youth.

Youth holding back youth. That's some youth crimes!

I thought that Loov looked good, but not amazing in the pre-season. And that's nothing to be concerned of. His development is doing very well and he'll be playing a ton this season with the Marlies. Would people be happy if he came up to the big club and was playing 12 minutes a night or was a healthy scratch?

Partly why Harrington is with the Leafs is that they want to show that they got something back in the Kessel trade. Like "Look and see! We didn't completely get nothing for him!" I really like Harrington's game, but I don't think that he was the best prospect in the Leafs camp.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Partly why Harrington is with the Leafs is that they want to show that they got something back in the Kessel trade. Like "Look and see! We didn't completely get nothing for him!"

Nonsense. I don't think Leafs management is petty enough to do that, nor stupid enough to think it would work.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nonsense. I don't think Leafs management is petty enough to do that, nor stupid enough to think it would work.

The optics would be 100 times worse if they dressed a player for that reason and he was terrible, they'd be better off hiding him away. Makes no sense to dress someone who can't play.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Youth holding back youth. That's some youth crimes!

I thought that Loov looked good, but not amazing in the pre-season. And that's nothing to be concerned of. His development is doing very well and he'll be playing a ton this season with the Marlies. Would people be happy if he came up to the big club and was playing 12 minutes a night or was a healthy scratch?

Partly why Harrington is with the Leafs is that they want to show that they got something back in the Kessel trade. Like "Look and see! We didn't completely get nothing for him!" I really like Harrington's game, but I don't think that he was the best prospect in the Leafs camp.

I've got that sense too but maybe that's just because I preferred Loov and Percy to Harrington. I'll admit that I thought Harrington looked alright last night. I do think management carry some bias when it comes to their recent acquisitions regardless of whether the player traded was a star player or not. I think that's just a human nature to believe in your decisions until it's proven wrong over a significant trial. We'll see how this applies to Marincin who didn't play well at all.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I've got that sense too but maybe that's just because I preferred Loov and Percy to Harrington. I'll admit that I thought Harrington looked alright last night. I do think management carry some bias when it comes to their recent acquisitions regardless of whether the player traded was a star player or not. I think that's just a human nature to believe in your decisions until it's proven wrong over a significant trial. We'll see how this applies to Marincin who didn't play well at all.

Yea, I agree with you on this one.

You have to think that any decision that you make is way better than the last guy. That's in part why they trade previous draft picks before guys they just selected. ie. Burke trades entire draft class that JFJ drafted.... Shanahan trades a majority of prospects drafted by Burke and the cycle continues.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
It's always a possibility.

You can't be so naive to think that it couldn't happen too.

If that's the type of reasoning our management uses to decide the roster, we're absolutely ****ed, and its amazing these idiots(Shanahan, Lou, Babcock) ever lucked their way into success at the NHL level.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If that's the type of reasoning our management uses to decide the roster, we're absolutely ****ed, and its amazing these idiots(Shanahan, Lou, Babcock) ever lucked their way into success at the NHL level.

They have to coach up these veteran guys to be able to trade them for futures, Marlies allow the younger guys to be ready when this happens. Obviously you don't like PAIN.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

Lol..dude take it easy and stop posting

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
They have to coach up these veteran guys to be able to trade them for futures, Marlies allow the younger guys to be ready when this happens. Obviously you don't like PAIN.

What relevance does this have to a conversation about Harrington, who isn't a veteran, playing on the Leafs?

Lol..dude take it easy and stop posting

He's got a point though. It's absolutely bonkers to think that guys of Shanny, Lou and (particularly) Babcock's esteem are choosing their lineup based on who was brought in in the offseason. Grabner was a healthy scratch last night, which should tell you all you really need to know about that theory.

Harrington looked solid last night, especially in the second half of the game. He was there based on merit, not because he was a part of the Kessel trade.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty much every hockey insider is at the game right now.

I hope a team pulls off some major ass trade :laugh:

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Do the Marlies have their season opener tonight? If so are their any streams to watch online?

Edit: (Forgot it is still Thursday for most of you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad