Prospect you've given up on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Vancouver's defensive play actually isn't that spectacular. Out of the 16 teams that qualifies for playoffs last season, only 5 teams had more Goals Against.
That's because Cloutier sucks.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Jacobv2 said:

And he's regarded as a #1 goalie, no?

If so, then Auld can certainly be one as well. I'm not saying he'll win any championships or awards, but he's no bust, and can certainly bring something to the table.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Jacobv2 said:

He doesn't exactly suck, he just isn't consistent enough to be a #1 goalie. When he's on top of his game, he wins player of the month. When he isn't, he loses 7-2 to Minnesota. We just need to coax more of the former out of him before we can consider him a #1 goalie.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
NucksFan said:
From what ive seen, ive givin up on Nathan Smith for Vancouver. How would you folks in Winnipeg like to give us a report on how he is progressing this year?

I never gave up on him - I never had any stock in him to begin with. He was a waste of a draft pick and he's never shown any reason that he should even be playing at an AHL level.

Golbez

Tomas Duba

I pity the fool who has given up on Tomas Duba already.

He may be playing in Europe, but he's been spectacular the last couple of years. He was an All-star last year with Znojmo, and he's done a good job behind a weak Plzen defense this season.

The Penguins have quite a little goaltending glut, although I do fear Duba may not get a chance if the Pens invest everything into MA Fleury. Right now, Duba is getting a lot of quality playing time in the Czech Extraliga and he's another good goaltending prospect the Penguins have banked.

SedinFan*

Golbez said:
I pity the fool who has given up on Tomas Duba already.

He may be playing in Europe, but he's been spectacular the last couple of years. He was an All-star last year with Znojmo, and he's done a good job behind a weak Plzen defense this season.

The Penguins have quite a little goaltending glut, although I do fear Duba may not get a chance if the Pens invest everything into MA Fleury. Right now, Duba is getting a lot of quality playing time in the Czech Extraliga and he's another good goaltending prospect the Penguins have banked.

Europe and the NHL are two very different leagues. Many players become stars in Europe, and have trouble cracking an NHL roster.

Golbez

DoobieDoobieDo said:
No one yet from Minnesota unless you call Hannula, Eckerblom, and Tyulyapkin. Well I'm hoping for Erickson...

OH Marcin Kolusz! UGH! Awful pick there...

Kolusz...agreed...the Vancouver Giants gave up on him after just one year, too... I wonder what the Wild's scouts saw in the guy? He didn't look special in any particular area...his competition in Poland must have been exceptionally weak.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fleuryfan29 said:
I have given up on Colby Armstrong, Patrick Bartschi, Steve Crampton, Vladimir Malenkykh and Tomas Duba.
A lot of PENS fans have given up on Kris Beech and I do not know why? Last year in the Playoffs everyone was so hight on him and Kostopolous and we turn on him? Dosen't make sence.
?????

Duba is dominating in Europe, Bartschi is among the best in his league and he's 20, Armstrong is playing very well this season for WB and Malenkhyk is a solid NHL ready Dman... How can you give up on these guys???
Beech I still have hopes for since the talent is here. I expect him to have a bigger impact in the NHL than AHL. He needs a shot at the NHL level before we definately bury him.
Lupaschuk is a long shot, but he the tools. If he puts it all together, he has a shot.
Sivek is the one I've given up on. He has too much family trouble to be focussed on hockey, and he never made an impact at the AHL level. He did play well at the NHL level, but I don't think his head is into hockey, and who could blame him...?

And finally, who on earth had high hopes for Crampton?

Oh and I'm pretty close to give up on Murley too. He's a guy that does everything well, but nothing well enough to make an impact at the NHL level. He might be a decent third liner on another team, but with the prospect depth the Pens have, he'll never get a chance.

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Evilo said:
Murley too. He's a guy that does everything well, but nothing well enough to make an impact at the NHL level. He might be a decent third liner on another team, but with the prospect depth the Pens have, he'll never get a chance.

That is exactly how I feel about Murley.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I've given up on Ottoson and Arto Tukio,realize that neither's going to come over and contribute.Ottoson because he doesn't want to and little Tukio because other defensive prospects have moved ahead of him on the depth chart.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Birko19 said:
I hav't given up on any Red Wing prospects yet, but the clock is ticking for Tomas Kopecky, by next year if he does't do anything major I will give up on him.

i don't think his clock is ticking, i think his time is already up. he's done.

par backer and paul ballantyne are definately two guys that disappointed me. i was very high on both and although they were no high picks they had their times when they played like good NHL prospects. but backer is now on a low SEL level and bally is not really on a solid AHL level.
the next one who could disappoint is stefan liv. it looks like he's really struggling now and i'm not sure if it would help to bring him to grand rapids. he should've gone over two years ago when he was on top. but at least there's still some hope for him.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Martin Podlesak :(

Shame because he looked great a couple years ago.. so close to the NHL and a ready made replacement for Handzus. But concussion followed concussion and he's just not doing it. On the verge of being sent to the ECHL before another injury sidelined him.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
trahans99 said:
how about scott kelman 15th overall in 1999?

To give up I'd have to have had some hope in the first place ;) Thank god we dont pick like that anymore.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
kmad said:
Auld has terrible:
-reflexes
-recovery
-five-hole
-lateral movement

You can't have that many humongous weaknesses and be a franchise goalie.

His Biggest asset is his Size ..

He covers so much of the net that his stats are misleading.. on pure skill he does not match up to the other top goalie prospects on other teams ..not that he is a bust or anything ..

Vic Rattlehead*

Ivan Huml.

I have not given up on Lars Jonsson, seeing that he will most probably come to training camp next season and still has tremendous upside.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Andrei Medvedev

But then again, I never had any faith in him as a prospect in the first place. I always felt he was way overrated and it doesn't seem like he has made any significant strides (if any at all) in becoming more fit or even show interest in coming over. He was driven from the net for his first world junior gold that people still seem to be giving him credit for, and was unimpressive for his second junior gold where Russia won again almost in spite, rather than because of him.

Next to him, Ruslan Zainullin :D

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Janos Vas- 32nd overall in 2002. If the guy could ever stay healthy he could be something, but he's almost 21 years old and still in the Tier 2 league in Sweden. Not really even expecting him to cross the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->