Prospect you're gaining hope for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
As for me, it would be Michael Lambert. I'm surprised by his level of confidence in the AHL, even with his limited icetime and experience, he makes things happen. I never thought he would be a good player outside the CHL.

FlyHigh

Jan 16, 2004
I'm not too knowledgeable about other teams' prospects, so I'll stick to a couple of ours. 2 Flyers 03 3rd rounders.

Alex Picard- Had no idea that he was good enough to get invited to Canada's WJC camp even though he won't make the team barring a miracle.

Ryan Potulny- He was pretty good in his freshman year when he was healthy, but this year has really been a revelation and he's leading the NCAA in goals I believe.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Bartender said:
How about Stefan Ruzicka he's packing a nice CHL career for a third rounder so far :dunno:
Most posters at the Flyers board already have a lot of hope for Rosie. We also get game by game updates of what he's doing.

Potulny and Printz are good choices for the Flyers. Printz was written off and forgotten but looked good at a prospect camp and has been doing well for the Phantoms. There's hope for him now, and Potulny, some of the goal highlights I've seen :amazed:

NewHabsEra*

Never I thought I would say that one day but for me this is definitively Duncan Milroy... He definitively shown why he has been an early second draft pick in the 2001 draft last rookie camp... Milroy is gonna climb in the Habs' depth chart.

Corey Locke is surprising as well... Never I would have thought he adjust to the AHL as well... His skating was looking atrocious in the junior as well as at last rookie tournament... He looked small, rather weak and his positionning was bad... He showed impressive improvements in every areas of the game so far..

Last edited by a moderator:

leafaholix*

NewHabsArea said:
Never I thought I would say that one day but for me this is definitively Duncan Milroy... He definitively shown why he has been an early second draft pick in the 2001 draft last rookie camp... Milroy is gonna climb in the Habs' depth chart.
I've seen him play a few times this season and I feel the exact opposite.

But, I do like Michael Lambert a lot.

Hellström

Sep 22, 2002
Brent Krahn without a doubt. I´m glad he turned his career around :)
Colby Armstrong is a good fit here too.

From my Oilers i´d have to name Brad Winchester, who´s now showing what the Oilers saw when they drafted him.

*Bandit*

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Here's my list:

Stefan Meyer
David Bolland
Marcel Hossa
Brent Krahn
Yannick Lehoux
Ryan Stone (never really went down, but his offense has exceeded my expectations).
Aaron Voros
Evan McGrath (great strides this year when he did not impress me or scouts at all last year when I did a story on him).
Dragan Umicevic
Alexander Khudobin

There's also a Minnesota defenceman who played in the OHL and has spent last couple years in AHL. Last name begins with an R (can't remember for some reason)... like Michael Reich or something. Always liked him... kid's got heart.

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
I started believing in Michael Lambert last season around Christmas. He isn't close to the NHL yet, but if he keeps improving...

Corey Locke is certainly a pleasant surprise so far this season.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
From the Isles:
Jeremy Colliton
Sean Bergenheim

Both just seem to be constantly working, and have been noted for their hard work. Now it seems like their scoring is coming around. Colliton especially I thought was a throwaway pick at the time, a kid who'd never be more than a fourth liner, but with his leadership and developing his scoring, he could be a good 2nd/3rd liner. And Bergerheim's play of late makes me miss Torres a lot less. I'm also starting to have a little faith in Blake Comeau, but it remains to be seen if he can keep his little scoring outburst up.

From other teams:
Grebeshkov
Fehr
Locke
Krahn

Hellström

Sep 22, 2002
*Bandit* said:
There's also a Minnesota defenceman who played in the OHL and has spent last couple years in AHL. Last name begins with an R (can't remember for some reason)... like Michael Reich or something. Always liked him... kid's got heart.

Eric Reitz, a former Barrie Colt

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Yannick Lehoux has been spectacular in the AHL so far so he has risen in my book.

I feel the same for Evan McGrath and Brent Krahn. An homer pick would be Marcel Hossa but I really do think that he is making some strides this season, at least, that's what you'd think by looking at the stat sheet.

Sami Lepisto seems like he's having one heck of a season too.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Zoo said:
I have a few..

Sivek, I'm one of his biggest fans

Beech
Endicott
Armstrong
Eaves
Ouellet
Whitney

I'm curious about your pick of Sivek. He was my favorite prospect when he was with the Caps and really thought he'd be a really good player (and was totally pissed when he was put in the deal) but considering it's been 3+ years now and he hasn't established himself even on a thin Pitt roster what do you see in him now that gives you hope?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Damn it, too many Habs fans at HF :), already nominating Chipchura, Locke, Milroy and Lambert like I was going to. No need to elaborate more on them.

On other teams, Krahn's return to being a good prospect is definitely a surprise. Fehr and Seabrook are 2 other prospects I am gaining hope for. Back when they were drafted I wasn't a huge fan of them and thought the Hawks should have went for Parise instead and the Caps for Getzlaf or Stewart. Now Seabrook looks like a potential top pairing d-man and Fehr a potential PF who can really score.

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
b-mad said:
I'm curious about your pick of Sivek. He was my favorite prospect when he was with the Caps and really thought he'd be a really good player (and was totally pissed when he was put in the deal) but considering it's been 3+ years now and he hasn't established himself even on a thin Pitt roster what do you see in him now that gives you hope?

There's alot to like about Sivek, he has the size 6,4 215lbs speed and skill to become a very good nhl player. The only problem with him right now. Is that he has had alot off ice problems, with his mother on here last legs. His head just isn't in the game right now. :(

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Definitely Voros for me. He went from hoping-but-expecting-nothing late round pick of my favourite team from my favourite junior team, to surprisingly strong college player, to signed and producing in the AHL and now looking like a definite part of longer-term plans.

I'll also echo the Lehoux sentiment. It's nice to see him get some recognition again after being crucified the past two seasons (largely stemming from the backlash to the over-hyping of his final junior seasons).

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lehoux had a horrendous game against the pack last weekend...i'm pretty sure it was him anyways, i could be making a fool of myself by thinking of the wrong player, hehe.

Brad Park was doing color commentary for the wolfpack feed and he pointed out that Lehoux was having a terrible night and making absolutely horrible passes...sure enough, he was. trying to force passes that have no hope of going anywhere, passing directly to wolfpack players...it was ugly.

but, one game doesn't make him a bad player. I just saw his name mentioned a lot in this thread and thought of the time i had seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->