Prospect you're gaining hope for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
JasonMacIsaac said:
Good choice with Nittel. He isn't close to NHL ready but he is one to watch for in 2 or 3 years.

I can see a Voros - Parise - Nittel line in 2-3 years... and pity on whoever hits Parise, ever. Voros and Nittel are BIG.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Flame_Star_Devil said:
I can see a Voros - Parise - Nittel line in 2-3 years... and pity on whoever hits Parise, ever. Voros and Nittel are BIG.
Nittel will never play on a top line. He may end up on a third/fourth line potting a few goals in a checking role. Not much more then that.

CH Wizard

I was gaining big hope for Chipchura

before .........................................

He got injured :banghead:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
JasonMacIsaac said:
Nittel will never play on a top line. He may end up on a third/fourth line potting a few goals in a checking role. Not much more then that.

-shrug-

Just because he won't always pot the goals doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good linemate for Parise... I was thinking in terms of overall chemisry. If Nittel uses the body to open up room for Parise and Voros (or perhaps Parise and Suglobov) to work, then I think the line would be just fine.

Another Devs prospect who's played well? Krisjanis Redlihs.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Some Preds that I am gaining hope for are Lauris Darzins, Oliver Setzinger, and Brian Finley.

Darzins is working his way through the WHL schedule and has 7 goals and 12 points through 24 games. It's not barnburning, but he has done much better than a guy picked in the 9th round probably should.

Oliver Setzinger - my opinion of him has changed drastically in the past few weeks. In his last 6 Finnish League games, he has 6 goals and 3 assists. He has the size and the talent to succeed in the NHL. If only the spark he has shown in the past 6 games could be maintained for a longer period.

Brian Finley - He has already been labelled a huge bust by most, but has quietly performed incredibly well for a Milwaukee team known for it's offensive mindset. He's top 5/6 in the AHL in all 3 meaningful categories (wins, GAA, save %). Last year, he had a two month or so stretch where his GAA was sub 1 and his save percentage was .95 or so. Since mid year last year (when the streak began), his GAA is around 1.4 and his save percentage is .94/.95.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Alexander Edler

Didn't know much about him, and was a rather unknown. He's leading the J20 in defenseman scoring as an 18yr old. Last year he was stuck playing in a Tier 3 league, and now he's gonna be called up to Modo with the way he's going.

Non Canucks:

Alexei Kaigorodov- I've been following Metallurg Magintogorsk and he's been their best player( a team that includes Sykora, Gonchar, Gladskih, Malkin, etc) night in night out. Seems to finally been given the ice time to produce, and is taking full advantage of it.

Niklas Kronwall- best offensive defenseman in the AHL IMO, and my pick for ROY next year. It's pretty remarkable that he leads his team in points, and is 4 points ahead of the 2nd leading scorer, and 10 points ahead of the 3rd leading scorer. He's producing despite not having the greatest offensive talents around him.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Yared Hagos- Thought he was an absolute waste of a 3rd round pick in 2001, but has really gotten better and has the makings of a really, really good 3rd line center. Is also showing a little more offensive ability than anyone thought he had.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
SmokeyClause said:
Some Preds that I am gaining hope for are Lauris Darzins, Oliver Setzinger, and Brian Finley.

Darzins is working his way through the WHL schedule and has 7 goals and 12 points through 24 games. It's not barnburning, but he has done much better than a guy picked in the 9th round probably should.

Oliver Setzinger - my opinion of him has changed drastically in the past few weeks. In his last 6 Finnish League games, he has 6 goals and 3 assists. He has the size and the talent to succeed in the NHL. If only the spark he has shown in the past 6 games could be maintained for a longer period.

Brian Finley - He has already been labelled a huge bust by most, but has quietly performed incredibly well for a Milwaukee team known for it's offensive mindset. He's top 5/6 in the AHL in all 3 meaningful categories (wins, GAA, save %). Last year, he had a two month or so stretch where his GAA was sub 1 and his save percentage was .95 or so. Since mid year last year (when the streak began), his GAA is around 1.4 and his save percentage is .94/.95.

That pic is wrong on so many levels.

X-SHARKIE

I was/ am a huge fan of Anthony Stewart and considered him a possible pick at 6th overall for the Sharks, then we missed him at 16!

So Steve Bernier has been a big question mark for me.

With his play this year (not his numbers but his play has been amazing!) he has made a believer out of me.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Bubba Byfuglien - He's having a fantastic year. Third in the WHL in defenseman scoring (behind only Barker and Russell, the latter of which has played 4 more games and only leads by a point). On a related note, I've almost completly given up on Igor Radulov.

Last edited:

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Well I don't follow other teams prospects enough so I'll stick with the Caps:

Biggest longshot- Jakub Cutta Once upon a time he looked to be a lock for a good NHL'er and is finally looking to get his head on straight.

Surprise- Chris Bourque Thought he was a joke of a pick but he's doing well at BU and everyone who see's him gushes over him

Not such a surprise- Eric Fehr Kind of an iffy pick at 18th but is just getting better and better. I've got huge hopes for this guy.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I'll play a homer on this one, but only because most of the guys I would have named from other teams (Fehr, Meszaros, etc.) have already been mentioned. So for the Wings, Valtteri Filppula. I didn't really think anything of him when he was picked but he's made good progess and has the potential to be an NHLer in the future if he continues to get better.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Cory Schneider (Boston College, NCAA DIV1)
Alexander Edler (MODO, SWE U20)
Julien Ellis (Shawinigan, QMJHL)
Brett Skinner (Denver, NCAA DIV1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad