Prospect you're gaining hope for

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
To counter Leafaholix's thread, who are some prospects that you've been gaining a lot of confidence in lately?

For me, Cory Schneider, Brett Skinner and Kevin Bieksa. Thanks to the improvement of these guys, Vancouver's defense and goaltending prospects are not often talked about in the "Worst of.. " lists... anymore.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
For me, two come to mind right away on the Oilers: Dragan Umicevic and Colin McDonald (although McDonald's been injured for a while now :mad: )

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Kyle Wellwood, playing exceptionally well in the AHL. I was doubtful he'd be a regular in the NHL, now I have hopes for him to be at least a consister 3rd liner. :handclap:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Not the biggest names in the world but I'm gaining confidence Doug Janik can at least be an NHL regular and Nathan Paetsch is beginning to look like he has at least a shot at the NHL. Michael Ryan's offense is picking up, as I expected it to, so I'm cementing confidence in him.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
while i was already high on lundqvist...his continued spectacular play in an already good league that has had NHL players added to it makes me more and more impressed with him. back to back shutouts recently, he's looking to be the best goalie prospect the rangers have. He's ready to come over to NA and I expect he will continue his success

jarkko immonen is also impressing me as he is fighting for the finnish elite league lead in points...amazing faceoff man, very smart hockey player who can put up points...looking to be a solid bet for a 2nd line center for the rangers

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
anyone feel like picking someone not from their favorite team?

I'll say Krahn, i didn't think the guy had a snowball's chance in hell to make an AHL roster after his junior days.

Now, he is a #1 goalie in the AHL, and most likely a back-up in the NHL.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Well, from my Fav team, Stefan Meyer, and Martin Tuma.

From another team, Dragan Umicevic, Alex Kaigorodov, Alexasandr Suglobov, Yannick Lehoux, Brett Krahn. Basically all the other players here.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Anton Khudobin for Minnesota. I was nervous when Minnesota picked him over some other goaltenders and he's making me a believer. I am also wary of some of the Minnesota's European picks because so far most of them save for Gaborik, Misharin, and Wallin have been busts.

also I always believed in Mike Erickson, even after his injury. Shouldk head to the AHL.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Ott: Meszaros, Kaigorodov
Minn: Voloshenko, Khudobin
Dallas: Daley (if he doesent count I dont care)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Gotta be Yanick Lehoux.

Anyone who has been on HF for a long time, (dating back to the old boards), can tell you that Lehoux was hyped the way Dion Phaneuf is currently hyped on these boards. Lehoux was tearing up the QMJHL and he was talked about like a god. His first few years of professional hockey were definitely a disappointment, and then he disappeared from these boards. But he's come back with a vengence this year, and seems like he could definitely be an NHL player. He also just made Mckeen's top 75 on their latest top 100 prospect rankings.

leafaholix*

From my team...

Jeremy Williams
JF Racine
Robbie Earl
Dimitri Vorobyev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad