Prospect/young player comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
take some of the young prospects you are most excited about, and compare them to am established NHLer, current or past. by the way this is all about style, not potential. here is just an assortment of player that I like:

Bouwmeester: Neidermayer
Shea Weber: Sheldon Souray
Phaneuf: Scott Stevens
Kelly Guard: J.S. Giguere
Randal Gelech: Glen Murray
Hamhuis: Rob Blake
Jordan Leopold: Brian Leetch?
David Tremblay: Dan Cloutier
J. M. Daoust: Martin St. Louis
David Legwand: Mike Modano
Tuomo Ruutu: Forsberg
Kevin Klein: Wade Redden
Carlo Coliacovo: hmmmm help me out here
Kiril Koltsov: Ozilinsh for sure :yo:
Gilbert Brule: Kind of reminds me of Roenick with his style of play. he's a bit more modest though....
Sydney Crosby: Daigle
Zherdev: Kovalev

add in coaches too oif you want.
M. Habscheid: Jacques Lemaire

Opinions?

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I think Leetch is far superior offensively to Leopold (not that Leo is bad, but Leetch is amazing, even still in his old age) I'd compare Leopold to Niedermayer personally, and Bouwmeester reminds me more of Rob Blake, Hamhuis is alot like Gary Suter IMO.

I can see the Roenick-Brule comparison for sure, Brule seems like a physical version of Matt Lombardi to me as well, which is probably alot like what Roenick is. I think Crosby is nothing like Daigle, I think Crosby is like, for the oldtimers, Frank Mahovlich, I haven't seen much of Frankie except on tapes personally, but Crosby seems like an inspired Big M to me.

Zherdev is alot like Kovalev IMO, I definetaly agree there.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
Jackman - Stevens :banana:
Shkotov - Fleury :dunno:
Belle - Orr

REMEMBER he said style of hockey, I'm not trying to imply that Belle is the 2nd coming of Orr.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The thing that makes Crosby so great in my eyes is that he plays aggresively. He's not passive, waiting for the puck to come to him, he goes after the opposing players and will cause the turnovers himself.

To me that alone guarantees him an NHL career with how else he plays the game. There's always the possibility of a bust, but I don't think Crosby is a likely candidate.

And...heck, if Daigle puts together 10 more seasons like this past one, he will have had a decent, albeit strange, NHL career himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad