Prospect WORST Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
MrMastodonFarm said:
Schremp is a one-way gets his points on the powerplay type of player. Chucko is the type of player teams have to win, Schremp is the type of players teams bench in order to win.

Mike Comrie got by the first couple years soley on points, Schremp will probably do the same. He will come in, shock and awe alot of people, but fade away.

Funny, sounds like a description of Danny Briere in Phoenix. I would suggest there is a possibility that Schremp (or Chucko for that matter) end up diminishing their deficiencies.

However, I'll say from this, it appears your basis on Chucko vs Schremp appears to be on what you think will happen in the future vs what the respective prospects are doing now.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Ruckus007 said:
However, I'll say from this, it appears your basis on Chucko vs Schremp appears to be on what you think will happen in the future vs what the respective prospects are doing now.
Yes, I am projecting NHL players here, seeing what they can do when they make it into the NHL. I couldn't care less who is better right now. Hnat Domenechelli was just as good as Iginla in juniors, now look at it.

Schremp is a fantastic junior player, but I think he isn't going to do much at the NHL level. Chucko will have the longer better NHL Career.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
MrMastodonFarm said:
Yes, I am projecting NHL players here, seeing what they can do when they make it into the NHL. I couldn't care less who is better right now. Hnat Domenechelli was just as good as Iginla in juniors, now look at it.

Schremp is a fantastic junior player, but I think he isn't going to do much at the NHL level. Chucko will have the longer better NHL Career.
Ill stick with Schremp all the same, id love to have a prospect like him, There are alot of prospects like Chucko, but not many who have the offensive talent like Schremp.

se7en*

Looks like everyone but you thinks Chucko will be better than Schremp, puddy. :)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've seen both Chucko and Schremp quite a bit, and both have some significant drawbacks. While Schremp is lacking in two-way play and isn't the biggest guy around or the fastest skater, I don't see Chucko as having significant offensive upside. He'll be an up and down winger that will have to work hard for his goals.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
MrMastodonFarm said:
There is plenty of basis, plenty. Chucko is projected to be a power forward type of player, he plays like a Ryan Smyth or a Adam Deadmarsh. He plays tough, mean physical and is a two-way player.

Schremp is a one-way gets his points on the powerplay type of player. Chucko is the type of player teams have to win, Schremp is the type of players teams bench in order to win.

Mike Comrie got by the first couple years soley on points, Schremp will probably do the same. He will come in, shock and awe alot of people, but fade away.

Smyth and Deadmarsh were dominant offensive players in the WHL at age 18-19, and both went straight to the NHL as teenagers and were impact players by age 20-21. There's no evidence that Chucko has that sort of ability or is on that sort of development path. He's a gritty, middling offensive player in the NCAA right now ... even Nystrom showed more production at this point in his development, and he has no offensive upside at all.

If I thought the odds were good that Chucko would develop into a Smyth/Deadmarsh type player, sure I'd take him ahead of Schremp. But if he's a 12-15 goal third-line guy, then not so much. And right now I'd say the latter is more likely.

All you're looking at is the absolute upside of Chucko and the absolute downside of Schremp. I don't even like Schremp that much, but you're not being objective at all.

Flames Will

Aug 2, 2005
Comparing Chucko to Schremp or anyone else is not a fair comparisom - they are very different players. Stating that the flames should not have drafted done and got the worse player is also not fair - one needs to remember they essentially got three players (all of whom are potential NHL players) for the one that they would have received. I am not defending Calgary because prior to 2003 the Flames really sucked in drafting after the first round, things have changed but it is difficult to assess talent from 2004 and 2005 until next year and the year after to be able to determine who will come forward as the underdogs...
The whole debate over who has the worst prospect depth is totally objective to ones own prejudice - do you like offensive players, Do you prefer power forwards, 2-way forwards? Defensive players, top level goalies, hard working players? Its all preference based- if one is looking for purely offensive minded players, then yes Clagary is the weakest organization in the league - it all depends on what your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->