Prospect WORST Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
With the 05' draft, the trades and the prospect becoming NHL player (HF criteria), who you think will become the new (or stay) WORST prospect team. Avs was the worst team before and I think even though they add excellent draft picks (Stastny, Stoa, Fritsche), they will still be the worst team. They will probably lose Wolski and Budaj (Svatos :dunno: ) on their list with top prospect Ryan Stoa, Paul Stastny, Chris Durand and Tom Fritsche.

Tampa Bay lightning and New York Islanders are pretty weak too IMO.

What do you think?

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
i think the leafs are weaker then the AVS, the AVS dont have the worst. Wolski wont play a whoe season in colorado so he will be a prospect still. With Hensick, Stastny, Stoa, Durand, Macias, Richardson i think they have a good bunch of prospects. Not to mention they have 3 starters for ther respective countries in goal. 2 of which are prospects, Kolesnik for kzakistan and Budaj for his country!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
knight44 said:
i think the leafs are weaker then the AVS, the AVS dont have the worst. Wolski wont play a whoe season in colorado so he will be a prospect still. With Hensick, Stastny, Stoa, Durand, Macias, Richardson i think they have a good bunch of prospects. Not to mention they have 3 starters for ther respective countries in goal. 2 of which are prospects, Kolesnik for kzakistan and Budaj for his country!

The Leafs are far from the worst. I'd ask you to atleast provide evidence.

1. Alex Steen
2. Carlo Colaiacovo
3. Tuukka Rask
4. Jeremy Williams ( He'll be a goal scorer, he'll score 30 in the NHL, mark my words)
5. Robert Earl ( who has great potential )
6. Dmitri Vorobiev ( playing in Russia, he's great...he was trusted to stay on a superstar like Jagr, he's huge too )
7. Phil Oreskovich ( huge, huge defenseman )
8. Ian White ( great shot, think of Rafalski )
9. Staffan Kronwall ( will be reliable defensive d-man )
10. Justin Pogge ( has been amazing for Calgary, good goalie )

They have depth. They're not great but they're good.

Compare them to a team like Montreal.

They have Kostitsyn who has all the potential but still hasnt put it together...its been 2 years. Higgins is good but he can be comparable to Wellwood. Plekanec is good. Perezhogin is good, so is Steen. Leafs prospects are underrated by many!!
Considering there is a team like the NYI who's top prospect is Petteri Nokelainen and then Sean Bergenheim...Robert Nilsson hasnt done anything special yet either.

We have Wellwood and Steen playing with the big club right now and both have looked amazing. Colaiacovo is unfortunate with injuries but he's a mark for a top 4 spot once he gets healthy.

LEAFS ARE NOT THE LAST TEAM CONSIDERING THEIR PROSPECTS!

IMO... NYI, TAMPA BAY, CALGARY are wayyyy back.

KH1

I have to say Tampa Bay. They don't really have a surefire contributor in the bunch.

The Islanders have several excellent prospects with O'Marra, Nokelainen, Bergenheim, Colliton, Campoli, Gervais and Nilsson but several wildcards like Tunik and Volkov lurking as well. Aside from Nilsson they lack a clear top line guy but they have an abundance of surefire 2nd/3rd liners, which is more than a lot of teams can say.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
MaDdY said:

1. Alex Steen
2. Carlo Colaiacovo
3. Tuukka Rask
4. Jeremy Williams ( He'll be a goal scorer, he'll score 30 in the NHL, mark my words)
6. Dmitri Vorobiev ( playing in Russia, he's great...he was trusted to stay on a superstar like Jagr, he's huge too )

Any team could list there guys with best case scenarios and it would look good. Leafs may not have the worst prospects, but they are in the running.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Senator Stanley said:
Any team could list there guys with best case scenarios and it would look good. Leafs may not have the worst prospects, but they are in the running.

Agreed!

And its unfair to teams that are contending for a while. While the Leafs, who i think have done an admirable job with what they got in terms of Draft positioning.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Hard to say really. There are a lot of teams that have gotten worse due to the fact that many of their prospects have graduated.

Atlanta has to be up there though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Legionnaire said:
Hard to say really. There are a lot of teams that have gotten worse due to the fact that many of their prospects have graduated.

Atlanta has to be up there though.

In a similar vein, Buffalo has Vanek, Miller, and Gaustad out of their old top 10 up and in the lineup with Roy and Pominville as late cuts and possible recalls. It isn't such a bad thing if a team graduates a group of guys... Having a great group of prospects is nice, seeing them doing it in the NHL is better.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Chainshot said:
In a similar vein, Buffalo has Vanek, Miller, and Gaustad out of their old top 10 up and in the lineup with Roy and Pominville as late cuts and possible recalls. It isn't such a bad thing if a team graduates a group of guys... Having a great group of prospects is nice, seeing them doing it in the NHL is better.

Exactly.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

MadDdy, your entire post is a vortex of seething, overwhelming homerism, but in the interest of time I'm just going to go for the more ridiculous statements.

MaDdY said:
They have Kostitsyn who has all the potential but still hasnt put it together...its been 2 years. Higgins is good but he can be comparable to Wellwood.

I love that knock on Kostitsyn. "Hasn't been able to put it together...it's been 2 years"? I could say the same thing about Colaiacovo.

Higgins comparable to Wellwood? They are not remotely similar players, I don't know where you pulled that out of. Wellwood, I guess, is comparable to Plekanec, except for the fact that Plekanec is producing on a 2nd line in the NHL already.

PEli*

MaDdY said:

1. Alex Steen
2. Carlo Colaiacovo
3. Tuukka Rask

Compare them to a team like Montreal.

They have Kostitsyn who has all the potential but still hasnt put it together...its been 2 years. Higgins is good but he can be comparable to Wellwood. Plekanec is good. Perezhogin is good, so is Steen. Leafs prospects are underrated by many!!
Considering there is a team like the NYI who's top prospect is Petteri Nokelainen and then Sean Bergenheim...Robert Nilsson hasnt done anything special yet either.

We have Wellwood and Steen playing with the big club right now and both have looked amazing. Colaiacovo is unfortunate with injuries but he's a mark for a top 4 spot once he gets healthy.

LEAFS ARE NOT THE LAST TEAM CONSIDERING THEIR PROSPECTS!

IMO... NYI, TAMPA BAY, CALGARY are wayyyy back.

You talk about how Nilsson and Kostitsyn haven't done anything but completely ignore the fact that the only NHL regular on your list is Steen...and he's only played a handful of games. Ian White? Carlo Colaiacovo? Talk about putting it together. They're Norris contenders for sure.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
PEli said:
You talk about how Nilsson and Kostitsyn haven't done anything but completely ignore the fact that the only NHL regular on your list is Steen...and he's only played a handful of games. Ian White? Carlo Colaiacovo? Talk about putting it together. They're Norris contenders for sure.

Very true :yo:

Resilience

EagleBelfour said:
With the 05' draft, the trades and the prospect becoming NHL player (HF criteria), who you think will become the new (or stay) WORST prospect team. Avs was the worst team before and I think even though they add excellent draft picks (Stastny, Stoa, Fritsche), they will still be the worst team. They will probably lose Wolski and Budaj (Svatos :dunno: ) on their list with top prospect Ryan Stoa, Paul Stastny, Chris Durand and Tom Fritsche.

Tampa Bay lightning and New York Islanders are pretty weak too IMO.

What do you think?

Colorado was probably about 20th in the league in prospect depth before the draft and are somewhere in the 10th-15th range now.

But we all know that there are lots of teams ahead of Colorado whose prospects won't turn out half as good as Colorado's will. You can't argue with the success Colorado has had in the draft room.

I mean, people said Colorado's cupboard was bare five years ago, yet they still bring up guys like Aebischer, Budaj, Liles, Svatos and Wolski. Hard to think of another team that has graduated so many quality players into the NHL, much less from a system that people describe as "bare".

Yet Colorado will never get an ounce of respect for it on these boards. The people here will always rag on Colorado's prospect depth because they aren't top 10 picks.

Resilience

Boltprospects said:
:shakehead

That you've heard of.

That's a great point. And it's the inherent flaw with having fans rank teams' prospects. These fans vote for their own team's guys as well as the top picks that everyone has heard of. Meanwhile, the majority of players who make it to the NHL and actually contribute are not the household name types.

Kasparov*

SuperMan313 said:
PEli said:
You talk about how Nilsson and Kostitsyn haven't done anything but completely ignore the fact that the only NHL regular on your list is Steen...QUOTE]
Matt Stajan.

Stajan is not a prospect.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
Calgary is the weakest IMO, No Skill in that prospect system. The future isnt bright at all.

Dustin Boyd has 12 goals in 10 games for Moose Jaw. Dan Ryder has 22 points in 12 games with Peterborough. Adam Cracknell has 15 points in 12 games for Kootenay. In 03-04, defenceman Tim Ramholt had 36 points in 51 games with Cape Breton. Yuri Trubachev has 6 points in 13 games with Severstal. Richie Regehr has 5 points in 6 games for the Omaha Knights.

lol Sutter hates scoring prospects

On the NHL level, you've got Nystrom as a future 3rd liner and captain, Brandon Prust as Stephane Yelle #2, Krahn as a solid goalie, and Phaneuf as a Norris canditate. Prospect you've never heard of #8382: Tomi Maki, crash-and-bang winger is leading the Knights in points in his first year in the AHL.

I'm happy with the Flames prospect system, especially with an AHL team now. Sutter's done a fine job, all thing's considered.

Yayo

EagleBelfour said:
Avs was the worst team before and I think even though they add excellent draft picks (Stastny, Stoa, Fritsche), they will still be the worst team. They will probably lose Wolski and Budaj (Svatos :dunno: ) on their list with top prospect Ryan Stoa, Paul Stastny, Chris Durand and Tom Fritsche.
You have got to be kidding me. Even if Budaj and Svatos graduate like you say, you think Colorado has the worst prospect pool in the league?

1. Wojtek Wolski
2. Brad Richardson
3. Ryan Stoa
4. Paul Stastny
5. Johnny Boychuk
6. Chris Durand
7. T.J. Hensick
8. Tom Fritsche
9. Cody McCormick
10. Denis Parshin

Considering the Avalanche scouting staff has consistently pulled good young players out of nowhere (i.e., Liles, Svatos) I have no worries about the current prospect system or the future of this team.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I hate to say it but Minnesota is looking a little weak...

1/ Pouliot
2/ O'Sullivan
3/ Harding
4/ Thelen
5/ Irmen
6/ Voloshenko
7/ Stoner
8/ Olvecky
9/ Khudobin
10/ Kopriva

Not much depth there. Definitely down in the 20s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad