TSN: Prospect trade: Rieder (EDM) for Kessy (PHO)

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Kessy with two more goals including the series clinching OT winner. Now has 11 in 10 games(2 hat tricks)

I know rt and I were decrying this trade as it happened but is anyone else bummed out about this? Or is it just a player getting good looks thanks to great linemates?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Kessy with two more goals including the series clinching OT winner. Now has 11 in 10 games(2 hat tricks)

I know rt and I were decrying this trade as it happened but is anyone else bummed out about this? Or is it just a player getting good looks thanks to great linemates?

I was pretty upset from the moment I read "Kessy" in the trade. He was my favorite pick from the '11 draft. While it sucks losing him as a prospect, I'm excited about the potential skill Rieder brings to our prospect group. Something we don't have enough of IMO. I think management is happy enough with what Dziurzynski has shown to let go of a player like Kessy.

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario

We can't base the trade off of 10 or so games. Especially junior games. Also, Kessy has had an extra year of development. It's not like Rieder isn't putting up points either. It's a lot harder to sign top 6 guys than it is to sign bottom 6 guys. While it's not a sure thign that Rieder develops into a top 6 player, it's a low risk high reward move that could pay off for this franchise.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I caught the last 12 minutes of the Rangers game on tv tonight. Unfortunately they got knocked out. I was hoping to get a peek at Rieder but he wasn't even playing. Anyone know what that was about?

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Rieder´s hand is broken. He will have this re-evaluated by the Phoenix Coyotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad