Prospect to Bank On for all 30 NHL Franchises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
OTT - Kaigorodov
NYI - Nilsson (has this guy fallen that much??)
SJS - Kasper
NYR - Jessiman (has he fallen too?)
DET - Hudler

ehh, jessiman is out for the season with an injury or we would probably hear more about him (for good or bad...) and he's never been a "sure thing" prospect.

but if we're talking pure "the team needs him in the future" type of thing...he'd definatly be at the top of the list for the rangers. a big 1st line winger would be great...

oh and for the rangers, the safe pick would probably be tyutin...

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Carl O'Steen said:
Yared Hagos may be a much safer pick.

For an absolute sure thing, you go with Daley. He's already played in the NHL and will be there when it starts back up. Hagos isnt a bad second choice.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
PanthersRule said:
FLA's got Olesz Horton and Stewart who are all safe bets to play in the NHL.

Horton is the one guy to bank on for sure.

The real banker is Campbell :lol

Man looking at some of the teams bankers we look might healthy in terms of talent.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Jason MacIsaac said:
NSH: Weber (A safer bet to reach his potential then Suter)

I'm not sure what criteria you base this on, but IMO suter is a better prospect. weber's a dandy, but suter has the potential to be a #1 d-man.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Jason MacIsaac said:
The safer bet to reach his potential bit.

upon re-reading I understand what you mean. If Shea's potential is to be a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man then I'd say he has a better chance of that than suter does of being an elite #1 d-man as he is projected to be. Although, both might reach their full potential.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
crossxcheck said:
upon re-reading I understand what you mean. If Shea's potential is to be a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man then I'd say he has a better chance of that than suter does of being an elite #1 d-man as he is projected to be. Although, both might reach their full potential.

Dude what the hell! So if that is true so is this: Ovechkin has allstar potential, a guy say Marcel Hossa has 2nd line potential and Hossa is most likely to reach his potential cos he has a lower upsides. We all know AO is a safer prospect. Huh.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
J17ster said:
Dude what the hell! So if that is true so is this: Ovechkin has allstar potential, a guy say Marcel Hossa has 2nd line potential and Hossa is most likely to reach his potential cos he has a lower upsides. We all know AO is a safer prospect. Huh.

I am simply explaining what he means when he said the MOST likely to reach their potential. 2nd/3rd pairing d-men are very important, but elite d-men are very rare. So, by his criteria shea will have more of a chance to reach his "potential." If you go by "safer" then I'd bank on suter at this point as he has some AHL experience and is ahead of shea on the learning curve. I'm not discounting either player and I'm VERY pleased to have them both plus klein in our prospect pool.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
crossxcheck said:

Suter is still the pick. Weber might be a safer pick to reach his potential, but I'm not sure that's the question. The question is, "who is the prospect to bank on." I take that to mean, who is the prospect that is most likely to play a legitimate NHL role. And, using my interpretation, it is clearly Suter. The odds of Suter becoming a solid NHL defenseman are higher than Weber's. Now, Suter may never become a top 2 Dman, but the odds of him nestling in the 3-5 range are looking real good and certainly better than Weber's.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
SmokeyClause said:
Suter is still the pick. Weber might be a safer pick to reach his potential, but I'm not sure that's the question. The question is, "who is the prospect to bank on." I take that to mean, who is the prospect that is most likely to play a legitimate NHL role. And, using my interpretation, it is clearly Suter. The odds of Suter becoming a solid NHL defenseman are higher than Weber's. Now, Suter may never become a top 2 Dman, but the odds of him nestling in the 3-5 range are looking real good and certainly better than Weber's.

I am just clarifying what he said. I would choose suter, too.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
crossxcheck said:
I am just clarifying what he said. I would choose suter, too.

I'm not accusing you of using that logic. Just merely stating that I don't see that as the answer to the original posters question.

Though it's great to see Weber getting some pub.

Oh, and if I were using Jason MacIsaac's logic, the player would definitely be Pivko. There's not a more sure thing to reach his potential (he's basically already there, or atleast would be if no lockout) on the Preds roster. He'll be a 3rd liner with a little bit of scoring pop. He'd probably have played a 3/4 line role on this years team.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
SmokeyClause said:
Oh, and if I were using Jason MacIsaac's logic, the player would definitely be Pivko. There's not a more sure thing to reach his potential (he's basically already there, or atleast would be if no lockout) on the Preds roster. He'll be a 3rd liner with a little bit of scoring pop. He'd probably have played a 3/4 line role on this years team.

agreed

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
SmokeyClause said:

agreed. Weber's a great prospect, but Suter's still got that 'sure-fire' thing going about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad