Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #5 (2023 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #5 Prospect?

• Andonovski

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belliveau

• Gauthier

• Ilyin

• Jarventie

• Plante

• Svejkovsky

• other (tell me who in your post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Went Poulin, highest pedigree and closest to finding out if he's NHL calibre of all the guys left on the board. Lost year of development and underwhelming production in Wilkes, but he's more likely to get a shot due to the draft capital.

Add Emil Pieniniemi. Has a good chance to make the Finland WJC team this year.

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Went with Poulin too. I see the love for Murashov but I need one more year to form my opinion on him, hopefully he plays in the KHL. It's certainly plausible that he's higher up for next year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin was mostly on the right track before his personal issues, so if he can get back to that point I think he has middle 6 upside.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Medicine Hat finished 2nd in their division in Svej's D+1 year, and they had 4 guys scoring higher. While his production increased in Seattle, it didn't increase to a level where I'd be confident.

Honestly his WBS season is the thing I'm most pleased with. He stuck when I was half-expecting him to end up in Wheeling. If he can win his coach's faith when not producing he can win the time to develop into a guy who produces. It's also demonstrating the all round game he'll need to stick in the big show.

But to do that, and then take another step... it feels long shot. Longer than most.

I could have sworn his teams sucked. Maybe I'm thinking of Gauthier...

Anyway, calling this poll over and done with. Opening #6 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad