Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #14 (2023 Version)

Who do you rank as the Penguins #14 Prospect?

• Andonovski

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ansons

• Foster

• Glover

• Kangas

• Nickl

• St. Ivany

• other (tell me who in your post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Vote for who you think is the #14 Penguins prospect.

And post who you think should be added.

#1 - Yager - Votes: 56 - 71.8%
#2 - Pickering - Votes: 49 - 86.0%
#3 - Blomqvist - Votes: 33 - 63.5%
#4 - Puustinen - Votes: 43 - 50.6% *** I asked people to change their vote to avoid a runoff poll
#5 - Poulin - Votes: 31 - 63.3%
#6 - Murashov - Votes: 27 - 62.8%
#7 - Broz - Votes: 33 - 68.8%
#8 - Pieniniemi - Votes: 17 - 37.8%
#9 - Belliveau - Votes: 13 - 37.1%
#10 - Tankov - Votes: 15 - 39.5% *** I asked people to change their vote to avoid a runoff poll
#11 - Gauthier - Votes: 11 - 35.5%
#12 - Gruden - Votes: 16 - 43.2%
#13 - Ilyin - Votes: 15 - 65.2%

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Kind of related: does anyone know how to access the old Hockey's Future player rating pages? Out of curiosity I was looking for Jonathan Filewich's page.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kind of related: does anyone know how to access the old Hockey's Future player rating pages? Out of curiosity I was looking for Jonathan Filewich's page.
Now there's a name from yesteryear that I forgot about. I remember being excited when he scored 30g in the 06-07 season in WBS. I thought he's be a solid, future contributor. That was back when we shared WBS with Edmonton and had to sit on the sidelines watching the magic of Rob Schremp.

Anyway, went with Svejkovsky because he paced for 1 point more than Andonovski. So Andonovski is next, then Ansons, then Plante, then Nickl, St Ivany, then Foster I guess.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Now there's a name from yesteryear that I forgot about. I remember being excited when he scored 30g in the 06-07 season in WBS. I thought he's be a solid, future contributor. That was back when we shared WBS with Edmonton and had to sit on the sidelines watching the magic of Rob Schremp.

Anyway, went with Svejkovsky because he paced for 1 point more than Andonovski. So Andonovski is next, then Ansons, then Plante, then Nickl, St Ivany, then Foster I guess.
Why Andonovski over the other guys ? He’s 24 and didn’t even crack 20 points in WBS. If he ain’t doing it by that age I doubt he doing it at all. I mean they all don’t look great he just looks the least great imo :laugh:

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Why Andonovski over the other guys ? He’s 24 and didn’t even crack 20 points in WBS. If he ain’t doing it by that age I doubt he doing it at all. I mean they all don’t look great he just looks the least great imo :laugh:
He brings a physicality that is sorely needed. I think he could have a breakout year in WBS and get some time next season if not this season.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Camp results. I remember them liking him.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Can you remember the general address on which they were held? Might be possible to muddle your way through using wayback if you can.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Also out of the guys on WBS last year -

St Ivany played the most games, with Andovoski just behind. Glover, Svejkovsky, and Ansons were all in the 40s. Mightn't mean a ton, might be they were short, but if he's a genuinely trusted AHL RHD with height and length, it's a fairly short leap from there to NHL time. And he was, according to pick224, was playing about 18 minutes a night. Also was playing short handed enough to get an apple, which again, shortens the queue. He needs to score more but at the same time, his numbers aren't far off Lizotte and Fedun, who've both had time.

He does also probably need better than a 37 GF% share though.

Out of the forwards...

Svej, Andovoski, Glover, Ansons, all between 13 and 11 minutes a night (in that order).

I can see the case for Andovoski as he played the most games. He's got interesting traits. Dividing EV goals and assists by games, expressed as what they'd get on an 82 game pace (also lets add EV GF% because why not)...

Svej - 3.5 g, 14a, 34.15 GF%
Andovoski - 10.6 g, 14.5a, 38.89 GF%
Glover - 11.7 g, 8.4a, 49.39 GF%
Ansons - 0g, 7.5a, 22.73 GF%

Based on those stats, Ansons was even playing with utter crap or was utter crap. Svejkovsky, want to know the tale of those goals not going on.

Andovoski... probably had the best year. But he started hot and tailed off, where as Glover was the guy who picked up towards the end. Svejkovsky had problems with injuries. Ansons too was picking up pace towards the end before getting injured.

I think I might lean towards Glover out of the five. He's the biggest. He was meant to be a project. He impressed WBS staff throughout the season. And there's some intriguing stuff in his numbers with the goals and GF%.

Of course, I might lean to someone not in WBS....

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
D7NQWvO.png

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went with Svejkovsky but slightly dithering. I think the charts Randy posted get to the heart of it - they're very similar guys, but Svejkovsky has had the development... which make him a safer prospect, but the idea he's going to boom feels very unlikely. Where as Jarventie is only mildly quite unlikely to do in comparison.

I think Jarventie is more naturally talented at the same age. But... yeah, Svejkovsky. Jarventie needs to prove some things first.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Still trying to reconcile how "Lukas Svejkovsky" is American. Seems like a kid we plucked from a Czechia league.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad