Prospect Info: Prospect Rankings #3

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games. Therefore, Adam Clendening has now graduated with 60 NHL games under his belt and the full season on the NHL roster.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here. Hrivik falls under this exception.

canucks-brockboeser.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

1- Brock Boeser RW (64.04%) - Selected 23rd overall by Vancouver in 2015
"Some scouts are seeing quite a bit of Patrick Sharp in Mr. Boeser. He skates well and has a complete set of goal-scorer's tools. Doesn't give up his own end, and transitions to offense in such a quick and concrete way that he can catch the opposition off-guard."

JUOLEVI.jpg

2- Olli Juolevi D (82.89%) - Selected 5th overall by Vancouver in 2016
"A strong and balanced skater, he can rush the puck through the neutral zone with ease or backcheck with haste. Uses his size to his advantage, but knows his physical limits and plays within them. Instead of playing overly physical, he makes his presence felt by exhibiting his high-end playmaking ability and puck possession play."

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Demko.

It gets interesting after this, but also sad. No sure-fire NHLers remaining on the list, much less likely stars.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
You're all sleeping on Adam Gaudette. Has 36pts (13g, 23a) in 24gp in the NCAA at 20yrs old. I think he's going to turn into a mini-Bergeron for us.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It's gotten sad now.

Voted Lockwood because goalies don't count and he's the most interesting of the remaining pile of blah.

Yes too bad Stecher and Tryamkin graduated to the nhl. Otherwise our prospect list would look deeper. If we can graduate 2 players a year that would be a good push for youth movement. Not much depth but Stecher was 14th going into this year and Tryamkin was 17th two years ago, Hutton was 8th i think the year he made the team so you never know. Why don't goalies count?

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
This one is gonna be Demko in a landslide and the next one should be Gaudette.Will be interesting to see how far Virtanen has fallen.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Yes too bad Stecher and Tryamkin graduated to the nhl. Otherwise our prospect list would look deeper. If we can graduate 2 players a year that would be a good push for youth movement. Not much depth but Stecher was 14th going into this year and Tryamkin was 17th two years ago, Hutton was 8th i think the year he made the team so you never know. Why don't goalies count?

Yeah, Tryamkin was a bit of a mystery box playing over in Russia. Glad he's turning out alright. We're not going to have a hometown guy like Stecher fall into our lap every off-season,

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'd say that says something for our prospect depth.

I'd say that's just how bad Virtanen has developed and people have soured on him (like we already were when he was selected), but to each their own.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I'm a huge Demko fan. I think Gaudette will be something special though.

Guy hasn't played a single pro game yet, I'd temper expectations until he shows he can even play well in the AHL first. We were pumped about Virtanen, Hodgson, Shinkaruk, Schroeder, Corrado, Cassels as well, hell some people thought Gaunce and Jensen were going to be 3rd liners at worst.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Its really between Gaudette and Demko. Considering one is in the AHL already and the other is unsigned... it makes the choice pretty simple.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You're all sleeping on Adam Gaudette. Has 36pts (13g, 23a) in 24gp in the NCAA at 20yrs old. I think he's going to turn into a mini-Bergeron for us.

This exactly. The crazy thing is how he is always finding a way to get better. And is well rounded - huge defensive game thats not talked about in addition to his crazy high PPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad