Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Results So Far:

1) Alex Alexeyev - D, Red Deer Rebels (WHL) 2018 1st Round, 31st OA
2) Ilya Samsonov - G, Hershey Bears (AHL) 2015 1st Round, 22nd OA
3) Jonas Siegenthaler - D, Washington Capitals/Hershey Bears 2015 2nd Round, 57th OA

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
LuJo was the 28th pick in 2016 and then had a worse season than the one before in the WHL and hasn’t stood out in the AHL. Fehervary was the 46th pick in 2018 and put up identical numbers in a tougher league and looked like a beast in the U20s. Just think MF has the most trade value of the choices by far.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Fehervary should be cooked slowly. He is offensive guy I presume so 1-2 seasons in Hershey won't be so bad for him. Once Caps clear the D logjam he can go up.

Orlov-Kempny-Niskanen-Orpik-Djoos-Bowey-Siege-LuJo-AA - 9 guys ahead of Fehervary. Is there any need to force things with him? I doubt it.

But I hope he will become solid LD one day.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Fehervary should be cooked slowly. He is offensive guy I presume so 1-2 seasons in Hershey won't be so bad for him. Once Caps clear the D logjam he can go up.

Orlov-Kempny-Niskanen-Orpik-Djoos-Bowey-Siege-LuJo-AA - 9 guys ahead of Fehervary. Is there any need to force things with him? I doubt it.

You forgot 74.

But yeah, he’s way down the list.

I voted LuJo

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Priskie. The most ready one out of all D, will be a prime candidate to make the roster out of camp if they manage to sign him before his rights expire.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Hobbs is probably ahead of him too.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
It’s crazy how many solid D prospects we have. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these guys are in play at the deadline if they look to make a move.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Priskie. The most ready one out of all D, will be a prime candidate to make the roster out of camp if they manage to sign him before his rights expire.
It’s crazy how many solid D prospects we have. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these guys are in play at the deadline if they look to make a move.
The logjam might start costing us in terms of being able to sign prospects - if they've started talks and there's hesitation then trading away another prospect to create space that motivates another to sign is better asset management than letting someone walk .

No clue if this would happen, just an interesting side effect of our current situation

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The logjam might start costing us in terms of being able to sign prospects - if they've started talks and there's hesitation then trading away another prospect to create space that motivates another to sign is better asset management than letting someone walk .

No clue if this would happen, just an interesting side effect of our current situation
We can’t afford to lose Priskie. Our RD prospect pool is already thin as it is. Most of our D prospects are LD

Reactions: RandyHolt

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice

My ideal D strategy for next year is :

Caps
Dmitri Orlov (D)Matt Niskanen (D)
Michal Kempný (D)John Carlson (D)
Christian Djoos (D) - new contractJonas Siegenthaler (D)
Connor Hobbs (D)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bears
Alexander Alexeyev (D)Chase Priskie (D) - new contract
Martin Fehérváry (D)Tyler Lewington (D)
Tobias Geisser (D)Colby Williams (D) - new contract
Kristofers Bindulis (D)Some AHL free agent - new contract
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Others
Brooks Orpik (D)Caps coaching staff
Madison Bowey (D)Deadline trade for a F prospect
Aaron Ness (D)free agent
Lucas Johansen (D)Trade asap while he has some value
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
My ideal D strategy for next year is :

Caps
Dmitri Orlov (D)Matt Niskanen (D)
Michal Kempný (D)John Carlson (D)
Christian Djoos (D) - new contractJonas Siegenthaler (D)
Connor Hobbs (D)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Bears
Alexander Alexeyev (D)Chase Priskie (D) - new contract
Martin Fehérváry (D)Tyler Lewington (D)
Tobias Geisser (D)Colby Williams (D) - new contract
Kristofers Bindulis (D)Some AHL free agent - new contract
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Others
Brooks Orpik (D)Caps coaching staff
Madison Bowey (D)Deadline trade for a F prospect
Aaron Ness (D)free agent
Lucas Johansen (D)Trade asap while he have some value
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Damn you sure hate Johansen, don't you?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Defensive depth is critical to a team. Caps have already used 9 dmen in their line up this season. I remember a few years ago where the number reached 12 dmen having appeared along the Caps blue line at some point during the season. I see Bowey as the most logical one to be traded but I would be reluctant to do that now due to the uncertainty regarding Djoos coming back from his injury. Rather see Bowey get moved after the season and perhaps before the draft for a pick.

Can't imagine Orpik coming back next season, however one never knows with him. Niskanen has two remaining years left in his contract after this season and he's currently 32, so his play of late has really not instilled in me a "want" for the Caps to resign him. I see him definitely getting exposed in the expansion draft. So the Caps will have some space along the blue line in the near future with the departure of Orpik and Niskanen at some point and perhaps Bowey as well. That's three spots right there. AA, Johansen, Fehervary, Priskie could be potential replacements.

Reactions: hb12xchamps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad