Best prospect

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Walker Duehr disrespect :shakehead

Pelletier for me, Zary and Coronato I think have the higher ceilings but I tend to favor NHL readiness more highly than others do.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think I gotta go wolf. He was behind Knight in the US program who was seen as a can't miss prospect so Wolf didn't get the chance to prove himself on the international stage. He produced very similarly to Hart in the whl who became a starting goalie at 22 and is the best goalie prospect I've personally seen play. I think the 3 forwards are good players but none will have the impact a starting goalie will imo

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I know Coronato is the flavour of the month, and I do like him, but I've always been a big fan of Pelletier, moreso than Zary.
However, I think the biggest blue chipper out of this group is Wolf. I think he's going to turn out to be an absolute stud NHL goalie and will have the biggest impact on the team.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I have to go with
1. Wolf
2. Bison
3. Pelletier
4. Zary

I really like Zary's game, but I definitely see him as a guy who might struggle to stick in the NHL. Pelletier is a guy who might not have first line potential, but can definitely carve a good career as a middle six guy who plays all situations. Coronato is a guy who I think carves a career as a top 6 guy who scores goals and plays with some jam. Wolf is a guy who I really have high hopes for, and he's adapted easily to moving up the ranks, and does nothing but win everywhere he plays. The fact that he brought that from juniors to AHL so easily, gives hope that he can take that to the NHL as well.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
1. Pelletier
2. Coronato
3. Zary
4. Wolf

I chose Pelletier as the top prospect due to his speed and his seemingly good adaptation to the pro level.

Coronato comes next because he is the same size as Pelletier, has speed and is a sniper. I was reluctant to rank him so high because the USHL and NCAA are one thing. Turning pro and excelling is another.

I wanted to rank Zary higher based on a number or reasons, but I'm having trouble losing a nagging feeling that if he makes the NHL it will be as a bottom six guy.

Wolf? All indications are that he will be a very good NHL goalie one day. But the path for young goalies is up and down. He looks great now, but is it sustainable? Especially in the NHL?

Of the four, I can see Pelletier making the jump first. Zary is going to have to play a few years in the AHL before graduating. Coronato likewise.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Coronato for me, kid just had the second best goal scoring season in the USHL in the last 15+ years, with only Caufield ahead of him and players like Connor and Boeser behind him.

Not really fair to Zary since his age and injured status, but Pelletier leapfrogged him for 2nd in my books this season. I didn’t think Pelletier’s offensive game would translate so well to the pros, especially this quick.

Wolf is 4th in my books, goalies are just too much of voodoo. You never know if you have an elite goalie or not until you they’re elite at the NHL, and then even after that it’s not a guarantee somehow.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Are we interested in a run-off between Coronato and Pelletier? Or should I award #1 ranking to Coronato?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad