Prospect Division All-Star lineups (Long).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
NYRangers said:
Your edit was after my post, I was unable to read it. And I didnt 'start a shitstorm', all I said was read the message. Its all good.

Now, now, you boys play nice. Rangers fans have to stick together.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
guitaraholic said:
Team Central:

Scotty Upshall - Dan Fritsche - Igor Grigorenko
Alexandre Picard - Jiri Hudler - Alexander Radulov
Konstantin Zakharov - Carl Soderberg - Pavel Vorobiev
Jay McClement - David Bolland - Alexei Shkotov

Ryan Suter - Anton Babchuk
Cam Barker - Brent Seabrooke
Shea Weber - Kevin Klein

Marek Schwarz :)
Pascal Leclaire

--

I think you pretty much nailed the defense, but I believe there will be much better Blues forwards under the age of 22 than McClement. While I understand his inclusion on the list, he's on a checking line and he's one of the better checking line center prospects in the division, guys like Soderberg, Sejna, Shkotov and Zakharov definately deserve at least a mention. My guess is that at least on of them pans out as a higher end player. Easilly as much potential to be higher end offensive players as guys like Fritsche or Filppula. Matter of fact I'd take just about any of the aforementioned Blues prospects over Filppula as far as offensive upside.

I think Shishkanov should be there over pretty much any of the LW's, upshall included.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Legionnaire said:
Now, now, you boys play nice. Rangers fans have to stick together.

Posting on a board after your house league team has a bench clearing brawl can be a bit of a stressor.

It was more my fault since last night I was ****ing pissed.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Team Atlantic:

Robert Nilsson - Jeff Carter - Evgeny Malkin
Alexander Suglobov - Zach Parise - Hugh Jessiman
RJ Umberger - Mike Richards - Jozef Balej
Tuomas Pihlman - Ben Eaves - Travis Zajac

Ryan Whitney - Noah Welch
Wes O'Neill - Alexei Stonkus
Jan Holub - Maxim Kondratiev

Henrik Lundqvist
Al Montoya

Not bad. Might be able to do better. Here's my try.

Carter-Malkin-Jessiman
Nilsson-Parise-Balej
Suglobov-Richards-Anshakov
Umberger-Zajac-Talbot

Whitney-Welch
Malenkykh-Kondratiev
O'Neil-Stonkus

Fleury
Montoya

Notes: Malkin is a true center and is better fitted to play that position than I think carter is. #1 line is a pretty big and skilled line. Even though I am from Pittsburgh, I am not very high on Umberger. Still made the list though. If 13 forwards were allowed, I would have added Pihlman. Anshakov was one of the better players in the WJC for Team Russia. Looks to be a sniper. Did have the pleasure to play with Ovechkin and Malkin some though. #1 Defense line is the same. Added Malenkykh because he is one of the best dman in the RSL. Getting older(although still young), but is still a prospect. I like Kondratiev. I was a little iffy on O'Neil, but still think he is a good prospect. Stonkus is ok, but there might be someone else that could replace him.

Penguins: 7
Islanders: 3
Rangers: 5
Devils: 3
Flyers: 2

Offense: A
Defense: B
Goaltending: A
Overall: A-

Might be a lil homerish(penguins), but I think it is a good roster.

Liquidrage*

pittengineer said:
Penguins: 7
Islanders: 3
Rangers: 5
Devils: 3
Flyers: 2

Offense: A
Defense: B
Goaltending: A
Overall: A-

Actually, you have 3 Flyers in your list, not two. Umberger is a Flyers prospect, not a Pens prospect. And I'd rather have Ruzicka then Umberger anyways. And over a few of the others to be honest.

And I don't like the D you did. I'd rather have Ruggeri then about 1/2 of the D-men you listed. I'm sure there's a few more D that are better then the ones listed like Baranka or Kadeykin.
Everyone other then Welch and Whitney is rather suspect in your list of D.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Liquidrage said:
Actually, you have 3 Flyers in your list, not two. And I'd rather have Ruzicka then Umberger anyways. And over a few of the others to be honest.

And I don't like the D you did. I'd rather have Ruggeri then about 1/2 of the D-men you listed. I'm sure there's a few more D that are better then the ones listed like Baranka or Kadeykin.
Everyone other then Welch and Whitney is rather suspect in your list of D.

Yea, I just noticed I dont think I counted Umberger and have one too many rangers. I agree on the defense though. The only locks are the top two, whitney and welch. Malenkykh, I think, could be one of the better dmen prospects in the division. Similar to Orpik, only Russian. Will prob never see him in NA because he has a decent contract(much more than AHL salary) and wants a one-way deal. The rest are suspect. O'Neil and Stonkus are so-so. Picked O'Neil for what he did in the NCAAs, somewhat ignoring that many scouts think he is a lil "slow" on the ice(not talking skating speed). Was considering Baranka and Kadeykin, but didnt think they were ultimately any better than the rest. Atlantic D would be in the C range if not for the top pairing.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
would be nice if tyutin was allowed in...but ohhhh well

kondratiev should be pretty good but not really "all-star" caliber, same with baranka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad