Prospect Camp Free-Agent Try-Outs

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
whats the deal with Scott Jackson? im curious why he hasnt been invited to any camps, im still shocked St. Louis let him go and then he wasnt even picked up in the draft. Any new info updates on Scott Jackson?

Kamsa

Jun 18, 2004
Im not 100%, but I believe Scott Jackson will be going to Los Angeles' prospects camp.

________

Feb 6, 2006
According to the Blues web site.
D Brian Schack U of Minnesota (NCAA)
F Tyler Hirsch U of Minnesota (NCAA)

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Mathieu labrie defensemen from bathurst (qmjhl) will be at habs rookie camp...also note that 3former and current bathurst titans player will attend the camp...mathieu carle,mathieu labrie and thomas beauregard

________

Feb 6, 2006
Dallas
F Justin Soryal Peterborough (OHL)
C Paul Szczechura Western Michigan(NCAA) (played for Iowa after his season ended)
F Ben Van Lare Des Moines (USHL)
D Eric Doyle Swift Current (WHL)
D Keven Dupont Rimouski (QMJHL)
D David Stich Saint John (QMJHL)
D Tyler Ludwig Western Michigan(NCAA)
G Jean-Christophe Blanchard Victoriaville (QMJHL)

Last edited:

hockeyisdbest

Apr 3, 2007
what do you think he's chanses of ever playing in the NHL are. he is extremely small. do you think it will be a problem for him???
I've been watching him since he was a Calgary Flame at the Mac's Midget Tourney in Calgary, it's really cool too see him finally getting big-time accomplishments. I doubt if he will play a game in the show though.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
I think there is a chance either Dupont or stitch could be signed as no d-men were taken in the draft. Whatis the rule are they still draft eligible or can they be signed out of camp

________

Feb 6, 2006
Starsdude said:
I think there is a chance either Dupont or stitch could be signed as no d-men were taken in the draft. Whatis the rule are they still draft eligible or can they be signed out of camp

Yes they can be signed and sent back to juniors.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Aren't they both draft eligible next year?
Don't they re-enter next year, after which they can sign anywhere?
Or can teams take players after they have been passed over?

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Aren't they both draft eligible next year?
Don't they re-enter next year, after which they can sign anywhere?
Or can teams take players after they have been passed over?

I think team can invite players passed over in the draft to camp, but can't sign them untill they are 20

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think team can invite players passed over in the draft to camp, but can't sign them untill they are 20

No they can sign them. Any player that gets passed over in the draft can be invited to an nhl camp and can get signed up to a certain date, I believe it's september something. Or that was the case in the old cba, I haven't heard that it changed.

The Habs signed Olivier Michaud at 18 after he went undrafted, he was invited to the rookie camp did well and was signed at some point in september. Then he returned to the Q for 2 more years and then his contract kicked in. I'd like to see them do the same thing with Andrew Loverock who's at their development camp now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Undrafted invitees at the Sabres prospect camp:

Mike Kostka – D, UMass-Amherst
Ted Cook – F, Niagara
Chris Mueller – F, MSU
Mike Devine – G, Dartmouth
Bryan Lerg – F, MSU
Mitch Ganzak – D, Miami of Ohio