Prospect: Anze Kopitar

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
I am a Kings fan and we need our prospects to pan out. Need your opinion guys... Much appreciated!

How good is this guy? Who would you compare him to? His potential?

I s he NHL ready?

:D

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
When he was coming out he was compared as a mix of Nik Antropov and Danny Heatley.

Maybe Antropov's size and Heatley's skill.

But he's become a good prospect with top 2 line duty in the future. The LA Kings are always lucky with prospects because a good one always falls into their laps. I hate it!

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
MaDdY said:
When he was coming out he was compared as a mix of Nik Antropov and Danny Heatley.

But he's become a good prospect with top 2 line duty in the future. The LA Kings are always lucky with prospects because a good one always falls into their laps. I hate it!
Rask fell into our laps last draft, I am not complaining

turnbuckle*

golleafsgo_17 said:

it might be a tad early to annoint Rask "the Next One." I seem to recall a couple of years ago leaf fans designating Tellqvist as the answer, and he was several years more proven in Europe than Rask.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Yeah..lets keep a little quiet about Rask...

Let him get the respect he deserves. We're Leafs fans u know..a prospect can become overrated in a hurry...

I'm happy to have Rask too! However Kopitar is really good in his own respect...

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
MaDdY said:

Thanks for the info!

You're right about the Kings being lucky about prospects but..... for the prospects panning out like they should is another story... I am clueless why... :dunno:

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
golleafsgo_17 said:

I think you guys will be lucky this time on Rask.... compared to your other drafts lately... :yo:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
The Judge said:
Thanks for the info!

You're right about the Kings being lucky about prospects but..... for the prospects panning out like they should is another story... I am clueless why... :dunno:

Maybe there is a reason why those prospects fall. :sarcasm:

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
MaDdY said:
Maybe there is a reason why those prospects fall. :sarcasm:

My guess would be either the player we drafted was not right for the system they play.... the wrong coach who knows... just want to be lucky this time around. Maybe with Marc Crawford that would help. :handclap:

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
I get all giddy every time I hear about Kopitar, I can't wait to see him next year (hopefully).

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
HaelWho said:
I get all giddy every time I hear about Kopitar, I can't wait to see him next year (hopefully).

If what they say about him holds true...man, he will be exciting to watch!

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I dunno. I saw Kopitar play at the worlds last month, and he didn't impress me at all. It's kind of hard for a guy of his ability not to stand out on team Slovenia. Then again, If I knew I already had a done deal with the Kings, I wouldn't be too worried about impressing anybody with Slovenia either.

Last edited:

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
v-man said:
I dunno. I saw Kopitar play at the worlds last month, and he didn't impress me at all. It's kind of hard for a guy of his ability not to stand out on team Slovakia. Then again, If I knew I already had a done deal with the Kings, I wouldn't be too worried about impressing anybody with Slovakia either.

are you sure it was Kopitar :biglaugh:

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
PecaFan said:
There is. It's called "having the clueless Canucks drafting in front of you".

I'm not complaining about having Bourdon in our system but man I nearly creamed myself when Kopitar fell to us. And then nearly hurled the remote through my tv screen when we didn't pick him.

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
v-man said:
I dunno. I saw Kopitar play at the worlds last month, and he didn't impress me at all. It's kind of hard for a guy of his ability not to stand out on team Slovenia. Then again, If I knew I already had a done deal with the Kings, I wouldn't be too worried about impressing anybody with Slovenia either.

I guess that means he's not ready to jump to the NHL yet huh? :shakehead

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
Nazzy-19 said:
I'm not complaining about having Bourdon in our system but man I nearly creamed myself when Kopitar fell to us. And then nearly hurled the remote through my tv screen when we didn't pick him.

As a hockey fan, it would have been nice to see Kopitar between the Sedins or centering your #1 Line and trade Bertuzzi for a premier goaltender like Luonggo or something. Just a thought...... it would have been nice :yo:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Nazzy-19 said:

Hehe! :) I can imagine...

A month before the draft i was researching about Kopitar and hoped my Leafs would grab him. Then i saw him climbing up the charts and coming in the top 5. I was amazed he wasnt picked in the top 8.

With the Leafs when i saw Bergfors available I prayed to God we take him, but when we selected Tuuka Rask, i said OOoOOoohHHhh!! Drafting by need eh? I hope it pays off. So far so good. :)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The Judge said:
I guess that means he's not ready to jump to the NHL yet huh? :shakehead

Because a few people aren't impressed by him? From what I've read here, more people are impressed by Kopitar than disappointed.

XploD

Jun 2, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
v-man said:
Hello? 9 points in 6 games for SLOVENIA.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
XploD said:
Hello? 9 points in 6 games for SLOVENIA.
Exactly. The Kings thought he was NHL ready this season and tried to bring him over but he said he wanted to finish his contract with Sodertalje. I have heard people compare him to Mats Sundin.

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
LeftKinger said:
Exactly. The Kings thought he was NHL ready this season and tried to bring him over but he said he wanted to finish his contract with Sodertalje. I have heard people compare him to Mats Sundin.

WOW!

If I was Lombardi I will trade up for Backstrom or Staal to go with Kopitar. :bow:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad