Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya it would be nice tobhave that luxury but I don't think it will make or break Borgman's chance to crack the roster full time

Johnsson with an apple too! Keeps piling up those points!!!

I think it’s another tool that will keep him in the lineup, especially with Babcock as the coach, he loves guys that fill roles on the 4th line and bottom pair

Speak of the Devil, Borgman with a goal 4-2 Marlies

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think it’s another tool that will keep him in the lineup, especially with Babcock as the coach, he loves guys that fill roles on the 4th line and bottom pair

Speak of the Devil, Borgman with a goal 4-2 Marlies
I agree just saying it won't keep him out. Will those skills help him and us? Yes! I'm also not sold on Babcock cemented that his bottom pair has to pk because only polak has had that responsibility

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I agree just saying it won't keep him out. Will those skills help him and us? Yes! I'm also not sold on Babcock cemented that his bottom pair has to pk because only polak has had that responsibility

Dermott is playing PK already and Babcock plays Polak a lot and his greatest + is his PK ability, 5v5 not so much so if the PK can keep Polak in regular employment Babcock values it on the bottom pair

Not being able to won't kill Borgman's chances but it will greatly enhance his chances of playing imo

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Dermott is playing PK already and Babcock plays Polak a lot and his greatest + is his PK ability, 5v5 not so much so if the PK can keep Polak in regular employment Babcock values it on the bottom pair

Not being able to won't kill Borgman's chances but it will greatly enhance his chances of playing imo
Are you watching the Marlies game or just tracking It?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I am watching it. Brogman and Sosh are looking really good this game. Babcock and Lou are there watching, so a lot of guys I think are trying to show well.
Sosh is interesting. I'm wondering if he goes in a trade? I don't want to see Kapanen go down

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Brooks should go down to Orlando to try and regain some offensive comfidence. 6PTS in 34GP is really bad no matter how you put it. On top that, he gets outmatched physically all the time. Maybe just let Dupuy take his spot for the time being or bring in another vet.

*I don't dislike him, there is no doubt he is a smart player and a late bloomer, he just doesn't look ready yet.*

member 147413

Polak is not a bad straight line skater. Fast may be pushing it, but top end speed is not a weakness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SeaOfBlue

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I think this stint with the Marlies is going to be good for Borgman. He was getting a lot of ice-time, usage on the PK, and seemed really confident with the puck rushing up ice.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think this stint with the Marlies is going to be good for Borgman. He was getting a lot of ice-time, usage on the PK, and seemed really confident with the puck rushing up ice.
I would not be adverse to him finishing the season on a Calder run

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So with this being Soshnikov's 5th game, do we expect a trade sometime today or tomorrow? Definitely a roster move.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So with this being Soshnikov's 5th game, do we expect a trade sometime today or tomorrow? Definitely a roster move.

Literally no choice for a roster move to happen. It's either demote Kapanen, waive Soshnikov or make a trade to active him off IR.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
We may need him yet Salt, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets big minutes for a month to 6 weeks and he comes up to play on the bottom pair with Dermott
We will see but i think he would benefit more from killing the minutes in the ahl that 15ish minutes in the nhl

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm guessing Leivo trade

I think Soshnikov is morel likely personally.

It's a good thing he was consistently one of, if not the, best Marlies every game he played. Shouldn't be hard to find a good taker for someone who looks like he belongs in an everyday NHL top 12 for cheap and is only 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->