Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Marlies looked good last night. The new guys plugged right in and didn't look out of place. One of the (26) got a goal and third star

The Sens played their usual horse**** four guys back and pray for a 0-0 tie. It didn't work this time. Sens had 9 shots midway through the game.

Marchment looks like a steal, Holl looks like he is done with the AHL and the best player on the ice, Brooks looks like a legit 4th line center option down the road.

On the other side Neilson and Gauthier are playing themselves out of pro hockey.

Not going to lie Dubas is an evil genius and the Marlies keep rolling
How did Liljegren look last night? The game wasn't televised on LNN.

Reactions: Donkey Punch

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marlies looked good last night. The new guys plugged right in and didn't look out of place. One of the (26) got a goal and third star

The Sens played their usual horse**** four guys back and pray for a 0-0 tie. It didn't work this time. Sens had 9 shots midway through the game.

Marchment looks like a steal, Holl looks like he is done with the AHL and the best player on the ice, Brooks looks like a legit 4th line center option down the road.

On the other side Neilson and Gauthier are playing themselves out of pro hockey.

Not going to lie Dubas is an evil genius and the Marlies keep rolling

It's fine. Nielsen and Gauthier are probably traded in a larger deal this offseason anyways. Same with Nielsen and Carrick. Teams will want them, but the Leafs will not have spots for them.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Korshkov's season might as well be over. I watched portions of the last game and the difference between the two teams was overwhelming. I expect a similar result today.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Korshkov's season might as well be over. I watched portions of the last game and the difference between the two teams was overwhelming. I expect a similar result today.
Would be very cool to see Korshkov on the Marlies for the playoffs. I haven't been expecting to see him until next season.

Donkey Puck

Feb 15, 2013
How did Liljegren look last night? The game wasn't televised on LNN.

He looks good just young. He is probably a couple years away but IMO a sure thing.

He just needs to get his man strength same as Bracco. You can see him out there pushing guys and running interference and they mainly skate right through it. That won't be the case in a few years. He is still a top four guy at 18 on maybe the best Marlies team ever.

Reactions: Jeypic

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think it says that they should offer him an ELC, but that is just the way it read to me through online translation.

They said that Toronto offered him a rookie contract, but on second thought they could have been referring to the ATO he got from the Marlies last year.

There really is no reason for him not to get another one this year. If there is room for Kestner and Clune to get playing time, there is more than enough room for Engvall (and Vesey if they offer him one) on at least an ATO as well.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Does anyone think the Leafs and Habs would do a Gauthier-McCarron one-for-one swap? Both are big guys drafted in practically the same spot but McCarron brings a lot more sand paper in favour of a more defensively capable center who may be expendable with Aaltonen around (plus McCarron can play center as well).

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
With Kapanen & Dermott graduating this year, Korshkov, Grundstrom & Johnsson are the only prospects we have with a real chance of being full-time NHLers next year.

I think Liljegren needs another year in the AHL at the very least.

Hopefully we can continue to draft well and maintain a strong pipeline of talent year after year. It's key in the salary cap era, and will be especially important once Matthews, Marner and Nylander get big contracts.

Reactions: realgoodleafs

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Does anyone think the Leafs and Habs would do a Gauthier-McCarron one-for-one swap? Both are big guys drafted in practically the same spot but McCarron brings a lot more sand paper in favour of a more defensively capable center who may be expendable with Aaltonen around (plus McCarron can play center as well).
Was thinking about this move aswell. I'd do it.

Donkey Puck

Feb 15, 2013

I would do it but the habs wouldn't (or shouldn't who knows these days).

McCarron is a beast in the AHL at the very least. Too slow though for the Marlies track team

leafsleafs

Jul 12, 2006
Here
It's fine. Nielsen and Gauthier are probably traded in a larger deal this offseason anyways. Same with Nielsen and Carrick. Teams will want them, but the Leafs will not have spots for them.

Would not surprise me either, if Lou tried to trade Nielsen twice, maybe even to the same team.

Reactions: uncleben85

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I think it says that they should offer him an ELC, but that is just the way it read to me through online translation.
That is correct. Its a "journalist" speculating, nothing substantial

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Woll finished off his year incredibly strong. Despite the weak start, his numbers ended up better than last season.

Nice to see. Hopefully next season he can have a full dominant season

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I like the NCAA for developing goalies. Gives you control over 4 years (vs. 2 years in CHL) and can play against players approaching mid-twenties.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Only scouting report I could find on the guy.

Pooley Drives Holy Cross Offense

"The big 6-foot-2 winger is able to drive the net and be a force in the high quality scoring areas. Now with 41 career goals, Pooley has always had a knack for lighting the lamp, but he’s become an even more effective player by heeding the advice of his coaching staff and honing in on the dirty areas near the goalmouth.
“They’ve showed me where my goals are. It’s easy to want to be perimeter, but they’ve preached getting to the tough areas around the net, especially in my case. Showing me how I need to play and how I’m capable of playing,” explained Pooley.
Pooley is an above average skater and has a good shot, but a lot of his goals come from finding soft spots in opposing defenses, and being in the right place at the right time. Thanks to growing up around rinks and being a student of the game, his hockey sense is an asset in those areas."

He's a goal scorer first and foremost by the sounds of it.

Reactions: Boutette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad