Prospect and European Free Agent Signings

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Martin Hanzal, the Coyotes’ first-round pick in 2005 and a player considered one of the main building blocks for the future, has signed an entry-level contract with Phoenix.

The three-year deal is worth $850,000 annually and includes performance bonuses that could bump it up an additional $130,000 per season.

Hanzal, a 20-year-old center taken No. 17 overall in ’05, is coming off an impressive rookie campaign with Red Deer of the Western Hockey League and will get every opportunity to make the Coyotes out of training camp

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/90616

Walzy

any reason why?

he doesn't like the offer

well you should be one of those few guys here who can read the original text:
Der Nationalstürmer ist gerade aus dem Urlaub mit Freundin Nina zurück und verrät: "Ich habe einen Vertrag aus Buffalo bekommen. Sie haben mir auch einen Termin für das Trainingslager gegeben. Aber unter diesen Bedingungen gehe ich nicht."
Dabei hatte sich der Haie-Bubi längst auf einen Umzug nach Nordamerika vorbereitet: "Meine Freundin wäre auch mitgekommen."

;)

Walzy

Can you translate that?

:amazed:

The national team forward just came back from vacation and said: "I got a contract offer from Buffalo and they also told me the dates for the training camp. But under these conditions i won't go.
The Shark player (Sologne Sharks i his team) was already prepared to move to north america: "even my girlfriend would have come along with me to the states"

i still don't get why some of you are so high on him...and why teams want to waste a draft pick for him. Maybe he'd be worth a shot as a FA signing, but he isn't THAT good

maybe the the Sabres will add some $$ and he still signs...who knows

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I don't see all that many people being high about him ;)

For a German, he is a good prospect. He still needs to develope quite a bit, but he definately could turn into an NHL-player. Definately worth a draftpick, should he go back into the draft. It's not like someone wants to spend a first round pick on him.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
The national team forward just came back from vacation and said: "I got a contract offer from Buffalo and they also told me the dates for the training camp. But under these conditions i won't go.
The Shark player (Sologne Sharks i his team) was already prepared to move to north america: "even my girlfriend would have come along with me to the states"

i still don't get why some of you are so high on him...and why teams want to waste a draft pick for him. Maybe he'd be worth a shot as a FA signing, but he isn't THAT good

maybe the the Sabres will add some $$ and he still signs...who knows

I just thought it was Buffalo's official "Summer of Cheapness" getting its first nudge is all.

:)

I thought they were pretty high on Gogulla. Maybe re-draft him at some point.

:(

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
there're still a lot of unsigned guys left...

Are there really that many unsigned at this point of the guys that need to be signed and people expect to be signed by June 1?

For example, Valdix is listed for the Caps and I don't think anyone expects him to be signed. There are some guys that are negotiating, etc., and will be announced between now and the deadline and some that will never be signed.

And can anyone confirm whether the newer Russian draft picks selected in 05 have to sign by the same deadline or are they treated like the earlier Russian picks - rights don't expire at this point because of the lack of IIHF transfer agreement participation by Russia? I assumed their rights do not expire June 1, but would like to know for sure.

Last edited:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I thought Gogulla was taken way too high in the 2005 draft but he developed nicely from what I saw at the WJC's this season. He's big and mobile with adequate skill. Solid guy to take a flyer on in the mid rounds...San Jose maybe?

18 spots later than you anticipated, a modest increase. Not to call you out, I just remember skimming this thread before so it stuck out.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=145335

But to the real topic at hand, I think Gogulla is a solid prospect that would be an astute pickup by any team, especially since he's willing to come over here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->