Proposal coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENSible1*

JWI19 said:
Here's a news flash, every team already had a budget. Some teams do tie their salaries to their expenses, some dont. There is no one, not even the players stopping these teams from doing this. The real fact is some teams choose to run in the red, and really thats their business. If they want to lose 20 million a years why should the players be forced to stop them? Sometimes the most complex problems have the simplest solution. Dont spend more than you can afford. What Bettman and the some owners really want is to find a way to rope in the stray sheeps. Since Bettman is powerless to do it himself, he's trying to force the players to do it for them. IMO it's as simple as that. Bettman and the people who support the owners can spin it any way they want, but i dont buy it.

Sure and sit idly by while the big markets spend the small markets right out of the league. Brilliant plan.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
triggrman said:
jw, in a world without arbitration that would be easier. When Detroit overpays for a 3rd line grinder if effects Nashville's payroll.

so then negotiate changes to the arbitration process instead of killing your product.

dr

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
DementedReality said:
so then negotiate changes to the arbitration process instead of killing your product.

dr
It's a house that's already been built, arbitration and free agency was the foundation of the last CBA, that foundation is broke, the house must be leveled and rebuilt.

Don't get me wrong, both sides are asking for too much.

sickboy35

Jun 4, 2002
trenton
Visit site
Leafer4Life said:
If a new proposal is coming, I REALLY hope that the owners accept it, and GET THINGS MOVING!!!!!!!!!

while i agree i hope they accept it. in reality they won't! but i'm hopeful this will kick start them negotiating. they need to be locked in a room for however long it takes to come up with a solution. get off your arses and lets get the season going!!

YellHockey*

triggrman said:
jw, in a world without arbitration that would be easier. When Detroit overpays for a 3rd line grinder if effects Nashville's payroll.

Which 3rd line grinder did Detroit overpay for that is effecting Nashville?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
DementedReality said:
yup .. but i dont make my staff agree to tie their combined pay to what we earn. i set my budget whether the staff or contractors agree to it or not.

dr
But you would if your staff made 75% of your revenue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->