Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Montreal Canadiens select:
:habs
Mike Komisarek

''Mike is a real good defense when comes playoff times, throw punishing hit, can quarter back the PP with his big shot, he should do great with Pitkanen.''

****--R.Olesz--Dany Heatley

Joni Pitkanen--M.Komisarek

Hannu Toivonen

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Penguins select Scott Hartnell. We feel that there are a number of very good prospects still left on the board, but we can't pass up this guy. He brings the character that will be needed in our organization, and we feel that he will blossom into a reliable, 60+ point power forward.

Tukonen - Ruutu - Gaborik
Hartnell - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Whitney - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

xxx
xxx

*crosses fingers*

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Well, I'm breathing a sigh of relief, because as I was previewing the post, I thought about passing up Hartnell for quite a few players. I was thinking since he hasn't lit the world on fire offensively just yet, he would slip back to me.

Sorry guys! ;) :D

I have a feeling I'm about to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: after rinkrat and Patty Ice make their four picks, though.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select from Pardubice, Czech Republic - Ales Hemsky

Last edited:

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
I have a feeling I'm about to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: after rinkrat and Patty Ice make their four picks, though.

Me too. I just need to grab one more from my "for sure" list, but they could all be gone by the time it comes round to me again" But thats why its a draft - everybody wants a lot of the same players....

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN said:
Me too. I just need to grab one more from my "for sure" list, but they could all be gone by the time it comes round to me again" But thats why its a draft - everybody wants a lot of the same players....

... and a lot of different players - like I mentioned in other posts here, that I would've never chosen some of the 2004 (or younger players) as early as they went.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Looks like we might be able to get through a decent round of this now. Seems like almost everyone is here.

Hawkswinx3, I probably would have taken Parise, if that gives you any comfort.

I'm glad I went Hartnell now. I think we should save these rosters somehow, and look at it in the future to see who is best then.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
The [shadow=black]San Jose Sharks[/shadow] select
C Stephen Weiss

GM Patty Ice XXX sez:
"Weiss is a great addition to any team. Great vision, leadership skills, and two-way game to be a top-line center in this league. He'll form a deadly 1-2 center combo with Spezza. Still needs to add bulk to reach his full potential but is one of the top young centers in the game."

xxx-Spezza-Michalek
xxx-Weiss-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

Suter-xxx
xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

DiPietro
xxx​

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
The [shadow=black]San Jose Sharks[/shadow] select
D Steve Eminger

GM Patty Ice XXX sez:
"This guy is gonna be one helluva defenseman in the mold of Wade Redden. Like Suter, his size (has the frame just needs to add the bulk) is not ideal but he has big time talent. Great offensive instincts and a sound defensive game. He has the potential to be a top 10 defenseman in the league."

xxx-Spezza-Michalek
xxx-Weiss-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx

Suter-Eminger
xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

DiPietro
xxx​

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Penguins select Anthony Stewart. Stewart gives us the combination of size and talent that we are looking for at Right Wing, a very hard find at the position.

Sorry for taking so long everyone, this was one tough pick for me.

Hartnell - Ruutu - Gaborik
Tukonen - xxx - Stewart
xxx - xxx - xxx

Whitney - xxx
xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx

xxx
xxx

We've decided to move Tukonen to the second line to get a little bit of balance there.

*crosses fingers yet again*

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Montreal Canadiens select:
:habs
Chris Higgins

''Chris is a real offensive force, he did have a wonderful rookie season with the Hamilton Bulldogs. He can play on the PP and PK. Play a good two-way style of play and a warrior with great work ethic.''

C.Higgins--R.Olesz--Dany Heatley

Joni Pitkanen--M.Komisarek

Hannu Toivonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->