Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
What are we going to do about Tomas Plekanec's, 4 empty slots Cayouche? :dunno:

I vote we just ignore his picks from now on. The numbering may be off a little but who cares? Lets forge ahead.

Although i did notice that Plecanek was online a little while ago in the prospects board. If he hasn't responded by now, then pee on him(/her?)

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Sorry, I was outside playing hockey in this nice weather for once here in Pittsburgh.

Penguins select Lauri Tukonen. His combination of size, speed, and talent is too much to pass up right now. Suter would have been my pick, but he was gone.

Just wondering, would any of you guys have taken Whitney if he was left?

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
Sorry, I was outside playing hockey in this nice weather for once here in Pittsburgh.

Penguins select Lauri Tukonen. His combination of size, speed, and talent is too much to pass up right now. Suter would have been my pick, but he was gone.

Yes whitney was on the top of my list.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
MrKnowNothing said:

He was on my short list...I head a few guys ahead of him (including the two I just picked) but he was definitely an option. Many of my guys are droppin like flies that I thought might be available a lil later.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Montreal Canadiens select:
:habs
Rotislav Olesz

''we think that at 36 Roty was the best player available no doubt about it, yes he had a concusion but he's a guy that every team will want to draft this year except maybe Washington and Pittsburgh. We think he will be a stud in the NHL.''

****--R.Olesz--Dany Heatley

Joni Pitkanen--****

Hannu Toivonen

Last edited:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
:eek:

Is it just me or is anyone else surprised to see so many of the 2004 crop going soooooo soon??? I expected Ovechkin to go mid to late first round, just shocked to see others like Olesz, Tukonen, Barker and even Malkin go so high.

I would've thought players with some more NHL experience or a little more seasoned guys like Michalek, Vanek, Whitney, Toivonen, Lehtonen wold go SOONER... hey, what do I know anyway?!? just curious to know if anyone else is as surprised as me!?!?

I think cuz these 2004 guys are talked about so much time of year has to be a factor.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
rinkrat13 said:
Is it just me or is anyone else surprised to see so many of the 2004 crop going soooooo soon??? I expected Ovechkin to go mid to late first round, just shocked to see others like Olesz, Tukonen, Barker and even Malkin go so high.

I would've thought players with some more NHL experience or a little more seasoned guys like Michalek, Vanek, Whitney, Toivonen, Lehtonen wold go SOONER... hey, what do I know anyway?!? just curious to know if anyone else is as surprised as me!?!?

I think cuz these 2004 guys are talked about so much time of year has to be a factor.

Yea I really wanted Tukonen to drop but I understand that they would be snatch up so quick...these are guys are very good (top 6 or 8 players this year...then a big drop)

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm pretty high on Tukonen, I like him third out of all the players this year.

I had a tough time deciding between Whitney, Suter, and Tukonen. 2/3 is pretty good. I thought that if I took Tukonen first, then maybe Whitney would slip by because Suter was left, and I figured that I am the highest about Whitney. But then I made my choice by taking the guess that you guys still had four players above Tukonen, and I guess I was right.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Patty Ice XXX said:
Yea I really wanted Tukonen to drop but I understand that they would be snatch up so quick...these are guys are very good (top 6 or 8 players this year...then a big drop)

although there are MANY players (that I won't mention) that are MUCH better IMO now and prob in the future then 95% of anyone in the 2004 draft... I'm not complaining, I'd like them to fall to my spots - just didn't think so many 2004 guys would be gone by now (like I said in my other post, it's prob cuz of all the 2004 talk at this time of year)

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Please no one get me wrong - all your picks are good ones and I am not critiquing anyone's chooses, just curious to know if anyone else is in the same frame of mind as I am?!?!?

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
rinkrat13 said:
although there are MANY players (that I won't mention) that are MUCH better IMO now and prob in the future then 95% of anyone in the 2004 draft... I'm not complaining, I'd like them to fall to my spots - just didn't think so many 2004 guys would be gone by now (like I said in my other post, it's prob cuz of all the 2004 talk at this time of year)
I agree that some players are better than Tukonen Malkin Olesz NOW but some may draft on best team now and some basicly base on potential and others on both ( like me, it's my strategy I have sure bet players with Heatley and Pitkanen and some petential stars in Toivonen and Olesz )

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Cayouche5 said:
I agree that some players are better than Tukonen Malkin Olesz NOW but some may draft on best team now and some basicly base on potential and others on both ( like me, it's my strategy I have sure bet players with Heatley and Pitkanen and some petential stars in Toivonen and Olesz )

that makes sense... I didn't even bother to think that some people have different strategies then me :joker:

leafaholix*

The Toronto Maple Leafs select Andrei Kastsitsyn.

Forwards:
Evgeny Malkin (C)
Eric Staal (C)
Patrice Bergeron (C)
Andrei Kastsitsyn (LW)

Defensemen:
-

Goaltenders:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN said:
Off the topic. Whats the deal with the Flyers? (I'm not a Leafs fan) Roenick looks kind of non-existent out there.... Just noticed your little saying there....

I think Roenick is playing in pain. I really cant explain why the Flyers are so dominant on home ice, but look mediocre on the road.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The Flyers are very pleased to select goaltender Pascal Leclaire and defenceman Braydon Coburn.

GM's comments:
''We're building our club from goaltending and defence out. We feel with the selection of Pascal we have a top 3 goalie in the draft. Barker and Coburn gives us an exciting combination of offensive ability and defensive ability on the blueline.''

Kovalchuk xxxxx Horton
xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx

Coburn Barker
xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx xxxxx

Leclaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad