Pronger hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

houtan99

Dec 8, 2005
San Diego
Canada's defense is just getting pummelled with injuries!

"Sportsnet has learned Chris Pronger had an MRI Thursday that confirmed the hulking defenceman has sustained a crack in his right foot. It's believed the injury happened in the first period of Edmonton's 6-5 win over Anaheim Monday night. While swelling at times has been a problem, the star defencman still feels he can continue to play without jeopardizing the team. Although the Olympics drop the puck on hockey next week, Pronger's first commitment is to play through the injury for Edmonton's remaining games. Pronger suffered a similar injury during the 2003-04 season as a member of the St Louis Blues and managed to continue to play through the pain. "

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/connected.jsp

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
There is an interview with Chris Pronger coming right up on Sportsnet West where he will likely talk abou the injury. It sounds like he's probably going to go to the Olympics but I don't think it's a good idea.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
In the last three days there have been, what,4, 5 Olympians from various countries go down with injuries. Its an epidemic, I tell ya!

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
The crappy thing is that Pronger will likely end up playing 30 minutes a night with Jovo and Niedermayer already out of the lineup and Blake listed as questionable. I understand that he can play through the pain but will the foot heal if he keeps skating on it? It's going to be frustrating if this injury continues to hamper him throughout the season...

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
There's hope for Phaneuf yet. Not that I'd be happy because at that point, the defense is going to be signficantly crappier than it should be.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
canucks16 said:
Does that mean that Bertuzzi takes #44 now?

Our defence potentially suffers another huge blow and this is the first thing that pops into your head? It might have been sarcasm in which case, I tip my hat. Otherwise, a wag of of finger for you.

I hope this won't be serious, our defence has taken a beating and although I think we can still get by with our depth, it would have been so much better to go into the tournament with our 6 best dmen there ready and healthy.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Chris Pronger of the Edmonton Oilers has a cracked bone in his right foot -- but says it won’t affect his Olympic status.

Pronger was hurt on Monday after blocking a shot with his foot. An MRI later revealed the crack, but the gritty blueliner says he will play through the pain and doesn’t feel it will jeopardize his play with Edmonton or Canada. In fact, he said the skate helps -- it hurts more when he walks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154411&hubname=nhl

Phanuthier*

Pronger can play through it. He's a tough guy.

Besides, if Pronger doesn't go, who's gonna cover for Bryan McCabe's bad turnovers? Canada needs ya, Crhis. :)

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Le sigh. Niedermayer takes the time off to get surgery and Pronger continues to play despite having a fractured foot. He's a tough guy but I hope this doesn't come back to bite Edmonton in the end. He hasn't been playing badly by any means but it would be nice if he could rest up a bit before the stretch drive. Oh well, Go Canada Go! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->