Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Compare the 1st round draftees of 2003 to current NHLers / pro-players. Hence, not what you HOPE them to become, rather what they will realistically end up being like. Here are my projections. Let the discussions begin ;)

1 Marc-Andre Fleury (Jose Theodore/Jocelyn Thibault)
2 Eric Staal (Dough Weight)
3 Nathan Horton (Jeff O'Neill)
4 Nikolai Zherdev (Alex Kovalev)
5 Thomas Vanek (Miroslav Satan)
6 Milan Michalek (Jeff Friesen)
7 Ryan Suter (Pavel Kubina)
8 Braydon Coburn (Chris Phillips)
9 Dion Phaneuf (Sheldon Souray)
10 Andrei Kostitsyn (Aleksey Morozov)
11 Jeff Carter (Jason Arnott)
12 Hugh Jessiman (Brad Isbister)
13 Dustin Brown (Scott Thornton)
14 Brent Seabrooke (Philippe Boucher/Kenny Jonsson)
15 Robert Nilsson (Vyacheslav Kozlov)
16 Steve Bernier (Mark Bell)
17 Zach Parise (Chris Drury)
18 Eric Fehr (Mark Parrish)
19 Ryan Getzlaf (Chris Gratton)
20 Brent Burns (Tom Poti)
21 Mark Stuart (Jay McKee)
22 Marc-Antoine Pouliot (Brendan Morrison)
23 Ryan Kesler (Trevor Linden)
24 Mike Richards (Jan Hrdina)
25 Anthony Stewart (Oleg Kvasha)
26 Brian Boyle (Landon Wilson)
27 Jeff Tambellini (Brian Gionta)
28 Corey Perry (Andrew Brunette)
29 Patrick Eaves (Michael Peca)
30 Shawn Belle (Nolan Baumgartner)

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
hossy316 said:
You have to be kidding, right??

Phaneuf is better then Souray is now!! Souray had one good year with the Habs and now he is all of a sudden a top 3 defenseman?, which is what Phaneuf will be!

He's definetly more mobile, way more aggressive.. might not have Souray Slapper, but plays a better all around game... I know the Scott Stevens comparaison has been overused on this Board... but That's definetly the best that I cabn see here :dunno:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
FedorScores said:
That list makes me beleive you just randomly took the 1st round draftees, and then a list a 30 NHL'ers....and then matched the positions up....ex.25 Anthony Stewart (Oleg Kvasha)
Or these two

CH Wizard

hossy316 said:

Phaneuf is better then Souray is now!! Souray had one good year with the Habs and now he is all of a sudden a top 3 defenseman?, which is what Phaneuf will be!

Yeah , right.Phaneuf will become better then Souray , that's for sure but he isn't better then Souray is now.Souray was a all-star dman , last year.When healthy Souray can score 15 goals in the NHL.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
hossy316 said:

Both play an agressive style, have a big slapshot and are sound defensively. Souray is just very injury prone. I still believe it is a realistic projection.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
FedorScores said:
That list makes me beleive you just randomly took the 1st round draftees, and then a list a 30 NHL'ers....and then matched the positions up....ex.25 Anthony Stewart (Oleg Kvasha)

Well, I didn't ;) With regards to Stewart, like Kvasha he has great size, good speed and pretty good skills. However, I see both as inconsistent producers at NHL level.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Bartender said:
Or these two

With regards to Brown: he plays bullsih in the offensive zone just like Thornton and both of them can light the lamp now and then.

With regards to Richards: he's a good playmaker, just like Hrdina and both display a good two-way game. Neither is a big time goalscorer.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
I've yet to see anyone come up with projections though. All I hear is how bad my projections are. Perhaps I'm just realistic?

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
rt said:
Jan Hrdina is a little punk *****. Richards=Langkow :dunno: .

Nah, Langkow was a MUCH better player than Richards at the age of 20. Langkow might be his upside, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Spooky371*

Compare Perezhogin to other NHL player please, I never see '' lui '' play....

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Baumgartner???? He's played 30 NHL games in 8 years and scored 1 goal. I know Belle lacks some skills, but I think he'll be better than Baumgartner.
Well, yeah, that's how I see it. Both have great physical tools, but don't really use them all that well. In addition, they both struggle with defensive zone coverage.

Belle just reminds me a lot of Baumgartner.

Old Hickory

kremlin said:
With regards to Brown: he plays bullsih in the offensive zone just like Thornton and both of them can light the lamp now and then.
Thorton is a 3rd liner with some offense. Brown is going to be much much better

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
kremlin said:
Well, yeah, that's how I see it. Both have great physical tools, but don't really use them all that well. In addition, they both struggle with defensive zone coverage.

Strange....from what I've read(even from Mr. negative Carl O'Steen), he excelled in the WJC when given primarily a defensive role, and when he doesnt try to do much offensively.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
kremlin said:

I think a better comparison would be Brett Hedican maybe? Best tool is his speed but lacks much hockey sense.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i think the point of this guys list was to see what other people what do if they were to make a list. instead of ripping his list - why not make your own? i think that was the point here. at least he made an effort.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
From the more prospect-knowledgable Flyers fans, it seems the most common comparisons I see for Carter and Richards are Sundin and Ricci, respectively. Don't know if they will reach those levels in production, just that those are the closest style-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->