Problems and I have a try out in a few hours

GruntyCanuck

May 12, 2007
Ok, sort of a big problem. I have a try out in an hour and a half, and I think I might have pulled something in my right leg on my back side thigh.

I've been icing it, stretching it, etc. Any ideas?

Unlucky. The kid slew-footed me and I went hard to the ice.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Ok, sort of a big problem. I have a try out in an hour and a half, and I think I might have pulled something in my right leg on my back side thigh.

Rest. Seriously, if you have any doubts. If you are good enough to make the team they may give you a look later. If you are not at your best and making excuses...

GruntyCanuck

May 12, 2007
Yea I just got back, played through it. Definately a bit less speed, but when I dangled a kid to the ice I think I caught the coaches attention.

I took a nap before and then went, put a heat pad on it. Fealt better but I wasn't speeding around the ice all the time.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site

That's tough luck. Same kind of thing happened to me at my first junior camp. I slightly pulled my hamstring but didn't want to tell anyone about it at risk of being released on Day 1 (a foolish idea). I played through it but I know I didn't impress anyone. It hurt so bad after the first day I couldn't even sit down in the passenger seat of a car, I had to lay down in the back seat to get back to the house. In hindsight I should have let someone know about it right away so they knew what I was up against. At worst, if you play with any kind of injury and they know about it, they may give you a longer look at the next camp or throughout the season with whatever team you end up on...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Yea I just got back, played through it. Definately a bit less speed, but when I dangled a kid to the ice I think I caught the coaches attention.

I took a nap before and then went, put a heat pad on it. Fealt better but I wasn't speeding around the ice all the time.

Keep us posted as to how it goes and best of luck.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
In the future I would definitely not ice it, heat it and keep stretching it out. Then ice it after the tryouts. If you know the captain of the team or your familiar with the coaches maybe alert them about it, but if your new it just seems like your making an excuse before you even tryout.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I have the worst luck also.. before one of my tryouts I got a lower back spasm.

What I did was I massaged it... and took some Advil or something.

Hope you did good!

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
tip: keep a few small condiment packets of any light yellow mustard. Muscle cramps and spasms will subside VERY fast with a small shot of the stuff. Doesnt work for every one but its worth a try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->