Pro Roller Hockey League

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
i dont see why you wouldnt want to do it then. what kind of league are you in now? sounds like your a candidate for the minors at least. 50 bucks may seem like a lot now, but i think its worth it just for the experience. is the team going to be at your rink? if not, id say go check out the top league at the rink the team will be based out of - there is the likely source for most of your competition at the tryout. if it is at your rink and your already a good player there, i wouldnt expect that many people to just appear out of the woodwork. i think i knew about 80% of the entire CO pro division on a first name basis before it started last year. very few guys just showed up who id never seen before.

If they do come to Savannah then i'll go to the try-outs but if they don't come to my city this year i'll just have to wait.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If they do come to Savannah then i'll go to the try-outs but if they don't come to my city this year i'll just have to wait.

good luck. maybe we'll meet in the championships some time.:D

i actually dont know if i can even play next year, my life has changed job wise and i may have to give it up. id miss it, it was a pain in the ass making the commitment sometimes, but i would definitely miss it.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
good luck. maybe we'll meet in the championships some time.:D

i actually dont know if i can even play next year, my life has changed job wise and i may have to give it up. id miss it, it was a pain in the ass making the commitment sometimes, but i would definitely miss it.

Do you know the age for trying out. I saw on the site that you have to be 15 to enter the prospect draft. So how old do you have to be to try out.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Do you know the age for trying out. I saw on the site that you have to be 15 to enter the prospect draft. So how old do you have to be to try out.

honestly i dont know. you have to 18 to play pro, i thought you had to be 16 for the minors, though i thought i saw some younger guys than that occasionally. best bet is just to contact them through the site or the local people involved. your division may have rules that are slightly different. its supposed to be all the same thing, but it doesnt always work out that way. thats why it may be a good idea to talk to whoever is involved locally as well as the league guys.

Raoul Duke*

If there was a local team in Edmonton to try out for - I would. Not trying to boast, but I think I'd make any roller hockey team anywhere.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
is anyone considering trying out? i just signed up for free agent status- and i will be attending the following tryouts:

Aston Gladiators
Philadelphia Growl
Harftord Fireants
Connecticut Blaze
Feasterville Fury

If anyone knows anyone who plays in the league or has tried out before- whats the competition like? Any extra info would be awesome.

:D

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
is anyone considering trying out? i just signed up for free agent status- and i will be attending the following tryouts:

Aston Gladiators
Philadelphia Growl
Harftord Fireants
Connecticut Blaze
Feasterville Fury

If anyone knows anyone who plays in the league or has tried out before- whats the competition like? Any extra info would be awesome.

:D

Good luck, i haven't played or tried out yet so i don't know, i'm goin to the try-outs down south.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
2 weeks ago I played against one of the better players in the PIHA. We beat his team, but he was fairly sick.

I'd play in the league if it payed any sort of money, but I couldn't make the commitment with the job I have.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
do you know when they play? id figure if they dont pay (which is bizarre for a professional mens league) games should only be on the weekends, so guys can still have a day job.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
do you know when they play? id figure if they dont pay (which is bizarre for a professional mens league) games should only be on the weekends, so guys can still have a day job.

I think they get paid a very small amount(not enough to make a lively off of) the minor league plays on the weekends, i don't know about the pro league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad