Primeau's mom not on his side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
"If I can't convince my mom about the issues, how do I explain them to the fans who work their hands to the bone in their various jobs every day?

"I understand that with the money we make, it would be asinine to suggest to the average worker that there is a problem with money. But this (labour dispute) is about much more than dollars.

"I just wish people knew the intricacies involved."

Well for starters Keith you could try explaining those "intricacies" to the fans and your mom so you don't look like a greety nitwit!

but mom!

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Protoman said:
I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>

LOL :bow:

i'm not shamed to admit my mother could do it to me though...and i'm close to that size :speechles

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
well she also has a son named Wayne whose job could possibly be cut by the strike/lockout

Opposite ends of the spectrum too more or less.... I wonder if Keith has been able to convince Wayne on the intricacies of this dispute.....

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Protoman said:

ohhhhh mercy.
On behalf of HFBoards I hereby inform you that you have been nominated for the
top ten funny posts of the year. For your efforts you will receive an autograghed
8 by 10 glossy of Primeau's Mom(out behind the woodshed of course ).
Congratulations. :D

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
T@T said:
"If I can't convince my mom about the issues, how do I explain them to the fans who work their hands to the bone in their various jobs every day?

"I understand that with the money we make, it would be asinine to suggest to the average worker that there is a problem with money. But this (labour dispute) is about much more than dollars.

"I just wish people knew the intricacies involved."

Well for starters Keith you could try explaining those "intricacies" to the fans and your mom so you don't look like a greety nitwit!

but mom!

Yeah, it's kind of classic political nonsense. If only you could understand how difficult it is...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Protoman said:

ohhhhh mercy.
Too funny, but true... I would love to see Knob Goodenow tell her to retract her statement, saying she just was not well informed... :lol: :handclap:

I.am.ca

Is Mats Sundin's mom on his side about the strike?

Does this mean the end of Mats mom making him Chunky Soup?...

Same bat channel...same bat time...

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
I find it funny that Primeau's idea of charity is playing a pickup game and charging people money to see it. I hope these players are actually donating money as well.

SENSible1*

DuklaNation said:
I find it funny that Primeau's idea of charity is playing a pickup game and charging people money to see it. I hope these players are actually donating money as well.

I am anything but pro-player in this dispute, but Primeau, along with other NHLers, using their fame and skill to generate money for a charity is worthwhile and deserving of praise, even if they keep their wallets closed.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Thunderstruck said:
I am anything but pro-player in this dispute, but Primeau, along with other NHLers, using their fame and skill to generate money for a charity is worthwhile and deserving of praise, even if they keep their wallets closed.

Wow, big sacrifice on his part. Most people I know involved in charity have full time jobs, families, financial commitments, yet make the time to be involved. Primeau and other players big contribution is playing a pickup game. Keep it in perspective, these guys could do a lot more.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Opposite sides?

Benji Frank said:
Opposite ends of the spectrum too more or less.... I wonder if Keith has been able to convince Wayne on the intricacies of this dispute.....

I think there's a strong possibility that the Wayne Primeaus of the league stand to lose a lot more from the NHL's attempt at imposting a cap than the Keith Primeaus of the league do. No matter what happens, the superstars of the league are going to be the most sought after, as they're the guys that can make the biggest impact on a franchise. In a world with a hard cap, teams will free up as much space as they can to bring in these players. What would this mean? The role-players of the league would make a lot less money.

In response to the overall subject, I get a kick out of how the media's always talking about how the NHLPA is getting killed in the "court of public opinion". What frustrates me is, few reporters comment on WHY. The thing is, fans in Canada are biased, plain and simple. Pretty much every team in Canada (except Toronto) would benefit greatly from the hard cap the owners are pushing for. They're struggling to compete under the current system. Of course the vast majority of the fans are on the owners side. Thankfully, this dispute won't be decided in the "court of public opinion."

YellHockey*

DuklaNation said:
Wow, big sacrifice on his part. Most people I know involved in charity have full time jobs, families, financial commitments, yet make the time to be involved. Primeau and other players big contribution is playing a pickup game. Keep it in perspective, these guys could do a lot more.

And how much have you done for charities recently?

I.am.ca

No matter how old you are, your Mom is still able to slap you upside the head and have you saying "Ouch Mom, i'm sorry, i'm sorry" and have you confused.

I hope Keith is getting alot of those. Wayne is probably in the good books for good till he does something stupid.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
BlackRedGold said:
And how much have you done for charities recently?

I do free tax returns for the poor and provide bookkeeping assistance for local fundraisers. Even I could do more. If I was rich, I would do more.

Don't heep praise on someone like Primeau for playing a pickup game in order to get everyone else to donate. My point is to keep this in perspective. What he's doing takes VERY little effort.

If you guys think otherwise, get involved in charity and you'll see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->