Post-Game Talk: Pricer Milestone Tainted in OT Tank Loss to Peg's B-Team, 5-4

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hey, you missed the GDT. We needed a source of distraction, where were you? :laugh:
Working......hey, flew Penguins to Calgary last night, just not “THE” Penguins lol

Saw bits of the game though, seemed like a good one.....happy Rychel got a goal, not that I have high hopes on him but it would be nice if he found the same success as Byron did....I really like what he brings to our team.

Happy for Chucky too

Reactions: Runner77

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
title of thread should read "Pricer milestone tainted by his own play".....the guy is pathetic.....what the heck was he doing on that second goal?

Reactions: mariolemieux66

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't see any past behavior from Bergevin that indicates he's going to turn around and change his team building philosophy. He's learned nothing in the last 6 seasons. If anything, he's doubled down and become worse.
That is the problem as I see it as well, the man has only ever blamed someone or something amidst all of his failures up till now. He actually believes it as well, the man still feels that this was a better team than last years and that's the scary part. He feels that we are basically a contending team that just had a bad year.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Although you’re correct, all we can do is hope that he does learn. Or at the very least, stop causing damage with terrible trades and contracts. What a predicament we’re in right now.

I said that I felt that if we fired him next week a new GM might be able to turn things around in 2-3 years but by allowing MB to stay one more year you could almost certainly double that number for the new guy. Bergevin is not turning into Sam Pollock on July 1, he might trade Pacioretty to Edmonton for Lucic.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I'll give you a preview right now:
-It is hard to win games without your best players
-Carey Price had a bad year, and we fully expect him to bounce back
-Drouin has gained valuable experience at center and it will help him in the future
-Teams like Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary also missed the playoffs. Sens were 1 goal away from the cup finals, and they finished worse than us
-Transition year
-Trades are hard
-We need to reset, regroup, and start the year fresh
-Colorado was the worst team in the league last year and they made the playoffs this year without any major additions
-Edmonton and Buffalo have 2 #1 centers and they missed the playoffs, centers aren't everything
-Molson has full confidence in me

agreed with all that.....

we will also hear MB whine and complain about how hard his job is like we are supposed to feel sorry for him??

if one of my employees ever complained that thier job was too hard i would either fire them, ore demote them, and give them a job they could actually handle......maybe MB should be put inside the Youppi costume, hopefully that wouldn't be too difficult for him

the media needs to start asking the man tougher questions at these pressers and put him on the spot.....force him to answer questions,

when he says aquiring a center is difficult, a reporter should pull out a list of all the centers who have been aquired or traded for in the past 6 years.....and say SEE IT IS POSSIBLE!!

Hopzilla

Apr 29, 2013
agreed with all that.....

when he says aquiring a center is difficult, a reporter should pull out a list of all the centers who have been aquired or traded for in the past 6 years.....and say SEE IT IS POSSIBLE!!

Have you actually tried to do this yourself? The list really isn't that long at all. Most top centers in the league were high draft picks that stuck with their team. Some exceptions: Eric Staal, William Karlsson/Jonathan Marchesseault, Vincent Trocheck (3rd round pick I think), Brayden Schenn (doubt Flyers do that deal in their conference), Ryan O'Reilly, Matt Duchene, Paul Stastny...

I do agree that he needs to be asked tougher questions, but I also actually agree with him when he states that acquiring top centers through trades or the UFA market is a very rare occurrence.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Have you actually tried to do this yourself? The list really isn't that long at all. Most top centers in the league were high draft picks that stuck with their team. Some exceptions: Eric Staal, William Karlsson/Jonathan Marchesseault, Vincent Trocheck (3rd round pick I think), Brayden Schenn (doubt Flyers do that deal in their conference), Ryan O'Reilly, Matt Duchene, Paul Stastny...

I do agree that he needs to be asked tougher questions, but I also actually agree with him when he states that acquiring top centers through trades or the UFA market is a very rare occurrence.
Seguin, Johanssen, Turris, also come to mind............bottom line is MB doesn't know how to do his job...there are GM's that have made significant trades to their top 6 players, without giving up a stud Dman like Sergachev.

Let's just call a spade, a spade...........MB is in over his head...and his plan is free agency bail him out...it's not a good plan as per se...

Usually, when the NHL team falters, the farm system picks it up, Bergevin has ruined that also...I have said before, it's not like a bowl of lucky charms, is going to make this guy, magically know what he is doing...

This...........could very well get worse, before it gets bedder.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Seguin, Johanssen, Turris, also come to mind............bottom line is MB doesn't know how to do his job...there are GM's that have made significant trades to their top 6 players, without giving up a stud Dman like Sergachev.

Let's just call a spade, a spade...........MB is in over his head...and his plan is free agency bail him out...it's not a good plan as per se...

Usually, when the NHL team falters, the farm system picks it up, Bergevin has ruined that also...I have said before, it's not like a bowl of lucky charms, is going to make this guy, magically know what he is doing...

This...........could very well get worse, before it gets bedder.

The Sergatchev trade for a winger was dumb. But to to be honest no top3C was traded to an eastern team. Except maybe for Duchesne and everyone agrees that Ott overpaid bigtime. Habs need to tank to draft one or 2 top6C.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
title of thread should read "Pricer milestone tainted by his own play".....the guy is pathetic.....what the heck was he doing on that second goal?

If you watch the replay carefully you could see Carey was aware and surmised that Laine was to his right, the guy who just ripped a one timer on him a minute ago

If it was a 2 on 1, Carey would have guess correctly and commited if the man passed it to Laine for another one timer, which Carey was ready for

unfortunately, it was a 3 on 1, and the man passed it in the direction of Laine but stastny smartly and quickly passed it back to the other guy who had carey half commited to Laine and it went five hole

If Carey makes either save, on the goal or the hypothetical pass to laine, he's a Genius, but because they scored he's a bum

While everyone forgets, it was a 3 on 1, Team's fault.

I dont want to defend all the goals and Carey has played poorly this year, but the WHOLE TEAM is terrible so i just cant hang it on a goaltender who just a couple years ago won the hart and vezina
Screened on the 4th goal by his own dman again, and on the 5th well, which goalie is going to stop that shot point blank in the slot shelf? i mean jesus christ, be angry but dont be angry at Carey

i saw 0 help from defenseman on 4/5 goals.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
i mean jesus christ, be angry but dont be angry at Carey

sorry but i WILL be angry at Carey.....

you can blame the team all you want, the guy is going to be paid over 10 million dollars a season, and he is currently ranked 50+ in the league of active goaltenders.....when you are paid that kind of money you can't sit around and say "well its the defense fault"....you need to earn that 10 million dollars one way or another, and currently the guy is not even worth what Niemi is being paid,

when Carey Price is "God Like" and winning the vezina it's because he is a God, and he is the best goalie in the world......but when he can't stop a God damn watermelon, it's the teams fault, and the defense fault, even though Niemi is putting up decent numbers and BETTER NUMBERS playing behind the same DAMN team.....care to explain that?? :rolleyes:

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
sorry but i WILL be angry at Carey.....

you can blame the team all you want, the guy is going to be paid over 10 million dollars a season, and he is currently ranked 50+ in the league of active goaltenders.....when you are paid that kind of money you can't sit around and say "well its the defense fault"....you need to earn that 10 million dollars one way or another, and currently the guy is not even worth what Niemi is being paid,

when Carey Price is "God Like" and winning the vezina it's because he is a God, and he is the best goalie in the world......but when he can't stop a God damn watermelon, it's the teams fault, and the defense fault, even though Niemi is putting up decent numbers and BETTER NUMBERS playing behind the same DAMN team.....care to explain that?? :rolleyes:

Lol niemi's played 18 games... id like to see his numbers at 48 games played like price with this team

i guarantee you his numbers dont stay the way they look at the moment, he's also playing for his professional career ANd he was never that bad to begin with anyway

Its pointless going on about this anyway with you, youve clearly given up on him, and im here to tell you he's not going anywhere

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Normally, a player getting a long fat contract is in his prime and just about to reach his prime, but to give a goalie who's trending dowwards an 8-year, $84M guaranteed no trade contract was ludicrous, but then you have Sweet Lou giving 38 year old Patrick Marleau a 5-year, $6M per season contract which begged for sanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad