Post-Game Talk: Pricer Milestone Tainted in OT Tank Loss to Peg's B-Team, 5-4

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And for those looking for tonight's games highlights, please see link in OP: all in HD oversized screen, including non-scoring plays and special effects and to top it all off, recommended by Tricolore himself. Enjoy.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Blou is without a doubt more prolific than I am. :)

Blou is definitely prolific in many areas, including how he makes a mean couscous and how yesterday, he was so convinced that he was right about how his Bergevin purple pant pics were not shooped that he changed his twitter handle to a vengeful epiteth, which I only noticed after the fact by happenstance. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs are amateur tankers they merely adopted it, teams like Edmonton and Buffalo were born into it , molded by it. They won't see a playoff series until Mcdavid becomes a man :sarcasm:.

I was just reading the pages I missed from the GDT, when I found the above post, that had be splitting a gut. :laugh:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Blou is definitely prolific in many areas, including how he makes a mean couscous and how yesterday, he was so convinced that he was right about how his Bergevin purple pant pics were not shooped that he changed his twitter handle to a vengeful epiteth, which I only noticed after the fact by happenstance. :laugh:

I noticed the mean couscous. Was there another as well?

Reactions: Runner77

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Did you notice all the great scoring chances he had to face in this game? He made ton of huge saves tonight, let 2 discutable goals but we were facing one of the best teams in the league with some big guns on offense while the Habs are an AHL level team at this point.. Jets have canons up front while we are trying to win fights with slingshots.

Arguing with a person who still thinks Karl Alzner is solid no point in trying to win lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I noticed the mean couscous. Was there another as well?

Well, you'll remember the day before yesterday (I'm out East, so it's past midnight for me) when he was arguing about how his 3 pics plus this random third party tweet he posted were evidence that Bergevin's purple pants were the equivalent of Robin Hood's tights -- at that time, his twitter handle was "Bloumeister makes a mean couscous". I noticed it since he had also posted one of his own tweets dated Oct. 18, 2016, within the same post.

Then he taunted us for daring to question his sources and you wrote how untrustworthy he generally is and how you were willing to make an exception this time. And I (temporarily) gave him the benefit of the doubt. Once we both did this, I began the arduous process of locating the actual photo of that night, which it turned out as you know, to show a completely other pant situation. And then, I backtracked and went back to the Blou's post that contained all those shooped pics he had been trying to pass off as non-shooped as well as his own tweet.

That's when I noticed that he changed his twitter handle to "Bloumeister is right, you're wrong, mofo". :laugh:

Of course, when I saw that, it made it even more worthwhile for me to have spent the time I did to prove him wrong.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah that won’t work anymore in year 7
Those days are done. No one believes him
Here’s the facts.
Missed playoffs 2 of last 3 years
1 playoffs series win in 4 years
Near the bottom of the league in scoring
No first line centre in 6 years
No one will crack even near 60 pts
Let Radulov and markov walk
The list goes on. His excuses will fall on deaf ears.
**** or get off the pot
Still works very well with the casual fan.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I'll give you a preview right now:
-It is hard to win games without your best players
-Carey Price had a bad year, and we fully expect him to bounce back
-Drouin has gained valuable experience at center and it will help him in the future
-Teams like Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary also missed the playoffs. Sens were 1 goal away from the cup finals, and they finished worse than us
-Transition year
-Trades are hard
-We need to reset, regroup, and start the year fresh
-Colorado was the worst team in the league last year and they made the playoffs this year without any major additions
-Edmonton and Buffalo have 2 #1 centers and they missed the playoffs, centers aren't everything
-Molson has full confidence in me
Don't forget "you know Chicago with all the talent they have are going to miss the playoffs"

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yep. MB will blame it on injuries.

"But. Marc, the team was bottom of the league before Price or Weber sustained injuries."
"Look at Florida, they were down with us and almost made the play-offs. we had plenty of time."
"BLAH BLAH BLAH TAMPA BAY, COLORADO, NEW JERSEY"

Just garbage logic all around.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This has been such a long season. At least in 2015-2016, we had that great run until December. This season already felt in trouble in the summer and it all went downhill once pre-season started.

Just one negative after another since July 1st. I don’t remember a single season that’s demoralized me to the point I may avoid watching another team in the playoffs just to take a break from the NHL. Im really hoping from now until the draft is rock bottom. If they start building towards something and we still suck, I can live with that. But all we’ve heard so far is “We’ve got a plan!” that’s apparently top secret for Marc Bergevin.

Reactions: sandviper

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just one negative after another since July 1st. I don’t remember a single season that’s demoralized me to the point I may avoid watching another team in the playoffs just to take a break from the NHL. Im really hoping from now until the draft is rock bottom. If they start building towards something and we still suck, I can live with that. But all we’ve heard so far is “We’ve got a plan!” that’s apparently top secret for Marc Bergevin.

I don't see any past behavior from Bergevin that indicates he's going to turn around and change his team building philosophy. He's learned nothing in the last 6 seasons. If anything, he's doubled down and become worse.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't see any past behavior from Bergevin that indicates he's going to turn around and change his team building philosophy. He's learned nothing in the last 6 seasons. If anything, he's doubled down and become worse.

Although you’re correct, all we can do is hope that he does learn. Or at the very least, stop causing damage with terrible trades and contracts. What a predicament we’re in right now.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Although you’re correct, all we can do is hope that he does learn. Or at the very least, stop causing damage with terrible trades and contracts. What a predicament we’re in right now.

I would be very, very surprised if that happened. I'm expecting some of our 2nds to be traded and a few awful UFA signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->