Price named starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Last year, Price didn't even made the team. This year, Irving is close to be the starter. Imo, that shows how great Irving is.

Tont

May 4, 2006
As a Flames fan, I have to say that this is exactly what I was hoping for. Seeing both play at the selection camp, Price seemed to be just a little bit ahead of Irving, and with their respective ages, this comes as no surprise. I hope Price can carry Canada to gold, and Irving can gain experience for (hopefully) starting next year!

David McConnor

Unregistered User
Aug 30, 2006
Alert, Nunavut
Last year, Price didn't even made the team. This year, Irving is close to be the starter. Imo, that shows how great Irving is.

Irving didn't look so great against Sweden. He might have presented the worst rebound control possible, as a Swede shot went right into his glove and popped out. This lead to a Swede goal.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I'm glad they named the starter, I don't like having the goalie situation up in the air.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
:yo:

now if i could only find a way to watch most of the games
TSN is broadcasting them via broadband on their site. Im not sure if its only for Canadians or even for other people than Canadians.

Edit: Just saw the other thread (and read your comments on that). For those interested, I can watch everything on TSN's broadband site and Im from Slovakia. Im not sure how it will work with the games.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Good for Price. I had more or less written him off as a non factor on this team but beating out Bernier is no small feat. I wish him luck.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Hartsburg has made the right choice and I am glad he has did it before the first game.....Way to go Craig

I agree, although it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that Price got the nod. He's older, has more experience internationally and from what I've read/seen has been the slightly better of the two in camp/exhibition games.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site

Last year Sutter just plain didn't like Price's practice regimen. Price was better than Dubnyk, but Sutter perceived Price as having an attitude problem and went with the older guy.

I like the philosophy of going with an older guy and a guy you think will be in contention for the starter's job the following year like Hartsburgh has done. It's always good having players with some experience if at all possible.

wildone26*

Good for Price. I had more or less written him off as a non factor on this team but beating out Bernier is no small feat. I wish him luck.

LOL, you are always good for a laugh just like your truly bizarre opinions on the soccer forums. :biglaugh: Price was always going to make the team. Bernier was fighting with Irving for the other spot on the team all along.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
LOL, you are always good for a laugh just like your truly bizarre opinions on the soccer forums. :biglaugh: Price was always going to make the team. Bernier was fighting with Irving for the other spot on the team all along.

I had written off Price about a year ago, Bernier seemed like the guy that would be the next one for Canada in net. I was not talking about Canada's camp. Bernier dropped off some and Price stepped up over the past year. I am extremely happy to have a poster of your quality to banter with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->