Proposal: Price +Chucky +1st for Toews + Crawford

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
This thread is pointless. You don't get quality players back in a fire sale. You get picks and prospects.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
The difference between Price is Crawford is much less than the difference between Toews and Galchenyuk + 1st.
Hawks pass on this IMHO

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
so what your saying is quick had one good year, and is on par with lots of other nhl goalies, yet for some reason you think he is elite and a legend in the making, despite not coming close to those numbers since 2011-12. Again, im not arguing that price is elite necessarily, merely that if you say price isn't elite, it makes no sense to think quick is. Quick doesn't even have a Vezina.

No, I'm not saying he had one good year. I'm saying he had one historic playoff, two Stanley cups, a Smythe, and on pace to finish his career with 400 (or more) wins = lock for the HoF if he maintains his career pace for just a couple seasons followed by a few years of decline over the length of his current deal, even if he doesn't win another cup. That shouldn't be a problem for him as he's shown no signs of slowing down to start the season and is in fact off to one of his best starts ever.

When determining who is elite, legendary or the best goalie in the world (which the media constantly tries to tell the fans Carey Price is), awards like the Hart, Vezina and even the Smythe hold very little weight compared to winning and performance, especially when the games matter(playoffs) the most. I'm not saying they're completely meaningless but awards like those are voted on. You can't be voted a Stanley Cup winner and you can't be voted into the record books.

But don't feel bad, because the media verbally roofied the Habs GM as well. It just sucks that the fans are going to be the ones who suffer the next eight years for it.

Last edited:

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
lol carey cant hear you with his olympic gold medal blocking his ear.

lol international hockey is a joke it doesn't matter the only thing that matters is the Cup.

If Price was making 6-7 million they might do this but that new contract is just as bad as Toews' but he at least has players to carry him now.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Chicago upgrades their goaltending, gets a young centre/winger with potential, and a 1st.

Goaltending isnt really a problem with the team though? You dont have to have the best goalie in the league to win the cup and this would also greatly mess up the teams center depth unless Chucky sprouts into a 1C over night Chicago's C depth would be Schmaltz-Chucky-Arty-Kero which is a unproven and suspect long term to put it nicely

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why would the Hawks even consider this? If they were going to moves Toews contract it would be to benefit the team not handcuff with a worse contract - at least they have a vested interest in Toews even if he's overpaid he's been with them from the start and brought home 3 cups.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Carey Price isn't elite or a legend in the making. He's an overpaid, above average goaltender for many reasons. Here are just a few.

A comparison of Price to an actual legend as well as a comparison of Price to active NHL goaltenders can be found in the post linked below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-team-contender.2396267/page-2#post-136678375

A comparison of Price to an actual Elite goaltender in the NHL today can be found in the link posted below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...you-were-the-gm.2396331/page-7#post-136619603

A closer look at how Carey Price's contract is an albatross from the moment it kicks in can be found in the post linked below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mtl-wpg.2396421/page-2#post-136703907
What is this, amateur hour?

Post an age by age comparison and get back to me and take into account the defense and offense in front of me, then we'll talk.

So far everything you posted is something someone new to hockey with little to no knowledge of game would write. It's not actual research, it's misguided opinion trying to be sold as misguided facts.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I hate toews, think he's nothing special and know this is a bad trade.
you can hate Toews if you like however to say he is nothing special is flat out wrong... according to Corsica Hockey:

When looking at WAR metrics that try to take into account a players overall game, Toews graded out as one of the best forwards in the league during Chicago’s latest cup era. From the 2009-10 season to 2014-15, only Steven Stamkos and Sidney Crosby have added more wins to their team than Jonathan Toews.
Toews was third among forwards in WAR during the time period according to Corsica.
screen-shot-2017-10-16-at-18-13-36-pm.png

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
As a Blues fan, I'd love to see this trade happen just to hurt the Hawks. As a logical hockey fan, I know Chicago would never do such a disastrous trade. Toews is an important player on that team and I would say there are very few players Toews would get traded for, and Galchenyuk and a 1st doesn't even come close. Plus, Crawford isn't much of a downgrade from Price (god that hurt to type).

Side Note: Crazy to see Steen on that list. I would have never guessed he'd make a top 10 like that. I love the Blues and consider Steen underrated but that kind of proves how important he was during that time.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Chicago needs a center too. Not the right trade Partner.

And there is no way that the Hawks will ever screw them again with contract like Price. They need to keep their 1st

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
What is this, amateur hour?

Post an age by age comparison and get back to me and take into account the defense and offense in front of me, then we'll talk.

So far everything you posted is something someone new to hockey with little to no knowledge of game would write. It's not actual research, it's misguided opinion trying to be sold as misguided facts.

No one should need to prove a bias hater wrong, it's a complete waste of time and energy.

So to summarize both of your posts, I'm an amateur, biased hater with no hockey knowledge and misguided opinions/facts.

Insults - The last line of defense for those who have been defeated by that facts.

It's funny how giving an actual rebuttal in the debate would be a complete waste of time and energy but coming into the thread to post insults is totally worth the time and energy.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
So to summarize both of your posts, I'm an amateur, biased hater with no hockey knowledge and misguided opinions/facts.

Insults - The last line of defense for those who have been defeated by that facts.

It's funny how giving an actual rebuttal in the debate would be a complete waste of time and energy but coming into the thread to post insults is totally worth the time and energy.

These are not insults, stop it with your 2 cents get back quote..

Price's technique is analysed from all sides as being close to perfect, that's why he's seen as the best by professionals (media and players). That being said, of course he can't do it all with that joke of a team in front of him.

Quick is not even top 10 since the last cup he won with the star stacked LA team.

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
These are not insults, stop it with your 2 cents get back quote..

Price's technique is analysed from all sides as being close to perfect, that's why he's seen as the best by professionals (media and players). That being said, of course he can't do it all with that joke of a team in front of him.

Quick got it done with virtually no offense in front of him in both of the years in which he led them to a Stanley Cup. In 2011-12 the Kings were 29th out of 30 teams in GF during the regular season. In 2013-14 the Kings were 25th out of 30 teams in GF.

It doesn't matter if 100% of the media, 100% of the players and 100% of hockey fans all over the world voted Carey Price as "the best", it doesn't make him "the best". I don't know how many times it needs to be said but to reiterate, a player can't be voted into success, a player can't be voted into a championship and a player can't be voted into the record books.

A goalies performance trumps the opinion people have of said goalie everyday of the week. No rational hockey fan can deny that.

Quick is not even top 10 since the last cup he won with the star stacked LA team.

Since Price supporters constantly use personal opinion as a barometer for success, I'll use it to prove this quote wrong. It's been three years since Quick last led the Kings to a Stanley Cup. Last year he was injured and only played 17 games. The other two years he finished 7th and 3rd in Vezina voting.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
every mtl trade proposal always favours their side. they think their players are worth a lot despite not playing well and they underrate their own players because they don't know anything about them.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Still waiting for a real argument.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Even though Quick very well had one of the best overall seasons ever in '11-'12 and he had a very strong argument to win the Vezina that year. Giguere had the best playoff run I've ever seen. Doughty was an absolute force in '11-'12 as well.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I think the usual Hab fan offering of Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd stands a better chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad