Proposal: Price +Chucky +1st for Toews + Crawford

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Although neither team does the trade, your reasoning is so flawed it's comical. Price never had the benefit of playing for a Stanley Cup team behind players the likes of Toews, Kane and Keith (to name a few).

weren't the habs first in their division and top 5 in the league for a few seasons?

i love how you want us to bring out the violins

(you're so flawed, it's comical) - insert smelling my own farts type of statement - done.

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
Price would have a .998 save % in front of Chicago though.

This plate of Nachos (pictured below) is the cutest hamster I've ever seen.
USC60FOC123B021001.png

See, I can talk nonsense too.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Price has been elite since his first three seasons, how many goalies step into the league at his age? That definitely skewed his stats. He's a legend in the making.

what is skewing his stats is his play of late ;)

that, and um, his average performance in the playoffs

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Although neither team does the trade, your reasoning is so flawed it's comical. Price never had the benefit of playing for a Stanley Cup team behind players the likes of Toews, Kane and Keith (to name a few).

Furthermore, wasn't Pacioretty one of the top 3 goal scorers over the past 4-5 years behind Crosby and Kessel or something like that?

Wasn't your favorite God, PK Subban a Norris winner?

Kopitar - Doughty - Quick
Toews - Keith - Crawford
Pacioretty - Subban - Price

your flaws are so flawed it's comical (sniff smells sooo good to be condescending)

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
weren't the habs first in their division and top 5 in the league for a few seasons?

Just compare the Habs and Hawks line-ups for those years. The Habs line-up is pretty weak.
Now tell me what was the Habs main reason for their success. Let me make it easy for you, Carey Price.

Furthermore, wasn't Pacioretty one of the top 3 goal scorers over the past 4-5 years behind Crosby and Kessel or something like that?

Wasn't your favorite God, PK Subban a Norris winner?

Kopitar - Doughty - Quick
Toews - Keith - Crawford
Pacioretty - Subban - Price

your flaws are so flawed it's comical (sniff smells sooo good to be condescending)

Now lets add the next 4 best forwards for each teams: Kane, Hossa, Saad, Sharp vs Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Desharnais (yikes)!
No need to say any more. Game,set and match. (Feels even better being right).

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
Price has been elite since his first three seasons, how many goalies step into the league at his age? That definitely skewed his stats. He's a legend in the making.

Carey Price isn't elite or a legend in the making. He's an overpaid, above average goaltender for many reasons. Here are just a few.

A comparison of Price to an actual legend as well as a comparison of Price to active NHL goaltenders can be found in the post linked below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-team-contender.2396267/page-2#post-136678375

A comparison of Price to an actual Elite goaltender in the NHL today can be found in the link posted below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...you-were-the-gm.2396331/page-7#post-136619603

A closer look at how Carey Price's contract is an albatross from the moment it kicks in can be found in the post linked below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mtl-wpg.2396421/page-2#post-136703907

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Carey Price isn't elite or a legend in the making. He's an overpaid, above average goaltender for many reasons. Here are just a few.

A comparison of Price to an actual legend as well as a comparison of Price to active NHL goaltenders can be found in the post linked below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-team-contender.2396267/page-2#post-136678375

A comparison of Price to an actual Elite goaltender in the NHL today can be found in the link posted below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...you-were-the-gm.2396331/page-7#post-136619603

A closer look at how Carey Price's contract is an albatross from the moment it kicks in can be found in the post linked below.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mtl-wpg.2396421/page-2#post-136703907

the fact that you can call carey price average and jonathan quick elite is an interesting twist

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Read the facts I posted and prove me wrong.

you really didn't post any facts. you comapred price to arguably the best goalie of all time and concluded that because he isn't hasek, he is not elite. then you posted career numbers of quick and price (which showed price was better overall but quick had better playoff number, yet somehow concluded that that makes price average and quick elite). then you just added quicks contract and allens contract, and concluded what everyone knows, that price makes a lot of money.

also doughty plays in la which is nice. i can understand if you dont think price is elite, to each their own, but to turn around and say quick is, well its laughable.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This plate of Nachos (pictured below) is the cutest hamster I've ever seen.
USC60FOC123B021001.png

See, I can talk nonsense too.

You can talk nonsense for sure.

You can't detect sarcasm to save your life also. You put a lot of effort into that actually it's quite impresive that you thought it was a serious post...

Yikes.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im sure the Hawks would love to roll with Anisimov-Schmaltz-Kero down the middle just to upgrade the 2-time stanley cup winner Crawford to Carey Price.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Just compare the Habs and Hawks line-ups for those years. The Habs line-up is pretty weak.
Now tell me what was the Habs main reason for their success. Let me make it easy for you, Carey Price.

Now lets add the next 4 best forwards for each teams: Kane, Hossa, Saad, Sharp vs Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Desharnais (yikes)!
No need to say any more. Game,set and match. (Feels even better being right).

the main success for the habs (and you won't admit this but it remains true) is Therrien and his boring trap system

which, also resulted in a bolstering of Price's stats

since his departure, Price's stats went down

but everything is always just a mere coincidence

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Im sure the Hawks would love to roll with Anisimov-Schmaltz-Kero down the middle just to upgrade the 2-time stanley cup winner Crawford to Carey Price.

but habs fans are saying with Price in net, Hawks would win 10 cups in 4 years

if people really want a checkmate, go back a few years it was almost blasphemous to have Price in any trade proposal (LOLZ mods lock this thread)

now, he's tossed in quite a few proposals, and very few habs fans are gasping

that, right there, speaks volumes

but they still want us to drink the cool aid because habs fans have so much more knowledge of hockey

now excuse me while i go back and read posts by habs fans claiming Subban is superior to Doughty

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
you really didn't post any facts. you comapred price to arguably the best goalie of all time and concluded that because he isn't hasek, he is not elite.

Wrong. I compared Price to a legend after someone like yourself tried to claim Price was in Hasek's league and came to the conclusion Price isn't a legend, read it again please.

then you posted career numbers of quick and price (which showed price was better overall but quick had better playoff number, yet somehow concluded that that makes price average and quick elite).

Wrong again. Carey Price is not better overall. Regular season Quick = Regular season Price. Playoff Quick > Playoff Price. The regular season is a toss up, Price has a slight advantage in one category, Quick has a slight advantage in another. In the playoffs, Quick is by far the better goalie in terms of numbers and success. "Overall" includes everything, Regular season and playoffs. Quick is better overall.

then you just added quicks contract and allens contract, and concluded what everyone knows, that price makes a lot of money.

Wrong again. I concluded what rational, unbiased hockey fans know, that Carey Price is overpaid. Many players make lots of money. Not all are worth it.

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
You can talk nonsense for sure.

You can't detect sarcasm to save your life also. You put a lot of effort into that actually it's quite impresive that you thought it was a serious post...

Yikes.

I don't believe we've met. My names Kettle, you must be Pot.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Wrong. I compared Price to a legend after someone like yourself tried to claim Price was in Hasek's league and came to the conclusion Price isn't a legend, read it again please.

Wrong again. Carey Price was not better overall. Regular season Quick = Regular season Price. Playoff Quick > Playoff Price. The regular season is a toss up, Price has a slight advantage in one category, Quick has a slight advantage in another. In the playoffs, Quick is by far the better goalie in terms of numbers and success. "Overall" includes everything, Regular season and playoffs. Quick is better overall.

Wrong again. I concluded what rational, unbiased hockey fans know, that Carey Price is overpaid. Many players make lots of money. Not all are worth it.

so you are admitting that quick and price are at least close, but you still said that "quick is an actual elite goalie".

Quicks playoff numbers are heavily brought down by 2 really great years (38 games), and he deserves recognition for that, but that by no means makes him an elite goalie overall. in fact price has 66 games of elite hockey himself, for actually supporting evidence of that see hart trophy 2014-15.

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
so you are admitting that quick and price are at least close, but you still said that "quick is an actual elite goalie".

Quicks playoff numbers are heavily brought down by 2 really great years (38 games), and he deserves recognition for that, but that by no means makes him an elite goalie overall. in fact price has 66 games of elite hockey himself, for actually supporting evidence of that see hart trophy 2014-15.

I'd go so far as to say that Jonathan Quick is an actual legend in the making. His .946 SV% and 1.41 GAA in 2011-12 are both
playoff records for any goaltender who has made it past the second round. He played better in the playoffs that year than any other goaltender in history played in any single playoff run. Let that last sentence sink in for a minute.

They are close in the regular season but so are nearly half of the starting goalies in the NHL today. Here is the comparison copied from another post...

"His regular season numbers are only slightly better or worse than nearly half of the starting goalies in the NHL today. Rask, Quick, Schneider, Holtby, Bishop, Lundqvist, Crawford, Rinne, Bobrovsky, Luongo, Dubnyk, Varlamov, Howard. All these goalies have a career regular season SV% no worse than +0.05% compared Carey Price's career SV%. Outside of Varlamov(+0.23) and Dubnyk (+0.14), no goalie listed there has more than a +0.09 higher GAA compared to Carey Price's career GAA."

Last edited:

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I'd go so far as to say that Jonathan Quick is an actual legend in the making. His .946 SV% and 1.41 GAA in 2011-12 are both
playoff records for any goaltender who has made it past the second round. He played better in the playoffs that year than any other goaltender in history. Let that last sentence sink in for a minute.

They are close in the regular season but so are nearly half of the starting goalies in the NHL today. Here is the comparison copied from another post...

"His regular season numbers are only slightly better or worse than nearly half of the starting goalies in the NHL today. Rask, Quick, Schneider, Holtby, Bishop, Lundqvist, Crawford, Rinne, Bobrovsky, Luongo, Dubnyk, Varlamov, Howard. All these goalies have a career regular season SV% no worse than +0.05% compared Carey Price's career SV%. Outside of Varlamov(+0.23) and Dubnyk (+0.14), no goalie listed there has more than a +0.09 higher GAA compared to Carey Price's career GAA."

so what your saying is quick had one good year, and is on par with lots of other nhl goalies, yet for some reason you think he is elite and a legend in the making, despite not coming close to those numbers since 2011-12. Again, im not arguing that price is elite necessarily, merely that if you say price isn't elite, it makes no sense to think quick is. Quick doesn't even have a Vezina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->