Price and Little CUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWDood

Apr 18, 2005
Vancouver
katodelder said:
Price is an excellent goalie and Sutter expects nothing but excellence from him.

Cutting him when he was just average is classic tough love.

Hopefully this move encourages Price to come back hungrier next year and prove he can lead a talented 1987 group to Gold in Sweden.

I'm sure Carey could live with that reasoning. Reading some posts now someone would be led to believe that all the goals he let in were terrible and that he played terrible. Two goals were fairly weak last night right after he came in, the third was a back door feed where he had no chance. He stood on his head in the third period and shut down the Juniors. The goal that was scored in the first game was a deflection thru a screen that appeared to hit him in the shoulder and rolled down his arm. Downie was right there to bury it. There was no doubt in anyone's mind in the crowd after last night's game who the backup would be (except Sutter's I guess). The "soft goal" reasoning is just something to say because Dubnyk was the choice all along. Dubnyk let in at least 4 goals in his games that could have easily been stopped. If Sutter is showing tough love then make sure Carey, or any of the other cuts, know why they were cut and for those who can return, what is expected next time. No mind games.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
ABwind said:
The thing is even the plumbers on this team can put the puck in the net. Anyone remember 2002. Jarrett Stoll, Brian Sutherby and Steve Ott. That checking line damn near scored half the teams goals. That year it was the high end guys like Jason Spezza and Mike Cammalerri that couldn't produce. In these tournaments you have to pick a team and not an all-star lineup. Everybody on this team can produce offense they just aren't many superstar offensive players. This a two-way team that is gonna be good two ways. So we got the best two-way players in the country. I feel pretty confident in this lineup.
You do realize Cams led the turnament in scoring that year, so to say he didn't produce is asane, Spezza on the other hand stunk

ABwind

Jun 17, 2005
surixon said:
You do realize Cams led the turnament in scoring that year, so to say he didn't produce is asane, Spezza on the other hand stunk

Yeah it wasn't Cammelleri. But I do remember that some of the offensive guys couldn't put it together, especially Spezza. I most definetly remember the line of Stoll, Ott and Sutherby scoring half the teams goals.

The fact is that everyone on the Canadian squad has offensive talent. To say that we are going to be horrible on offense is ridiculous. All these players on this team can play.

I think Sutter is probably a better judge of talent than we are. He went with the guys he thought he could win with.

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
I think Sutter is probably a better judge of talent than we are. He went with the guys he thought he could win with.

You know a board has gotten ludicrous when you have to phrase such a statement in cautious language. There is no "probably" here. No matter what team was picked you were going to hear a bunch of comments about how it could have been done better, and while some are certainly more justifed then others, it shocks me that Sutter hasn't earned more respect at this point.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Platapie said:
You know a board has gotten ludicrous when you have to phrase such a statement in cautious language. There is no "probably" here. No matter what team was picked you were going to hear a bunch of comments about how it could have been done better, and while some are certainly more justifed then others, it shocks me that Sutter hasn't earned more respect at this point.

I especially laugh when people question Sutter for picking one WHL player over another (Dubnyk over Price). Sutter not only is a great judge of talent, but he friggin coaches in the WHL and sees these players actually play all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->