Price and Little CUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
It does also mentioned that Setoguchi and Andy Rogers have been cut.

I'm surprise they did cut Price as he could have gotten some experience for next year. Oh well, he's in next year.

KadoCH

Apr 18, 2004
Here's hoping Pogge can get the job done because Dubnyk has proved nothing so far.

Rocky season in dub, reportedly looked shaky in practice, 4 goals on 17 shots first intersquad game, 5 goals 31 shots UBC game = ticket on to Team Canada?

Unless Pogge is lights out or Dubnyk steals the show I won't be very happy with this pick. Atleast Ellis would of been a justifible pick with having a good season in the Q, was the best in summer camp, and game breaking ability. Price was by long margins second best in camp and also has game breaking ability and a year of eiligibilty left. Either of those two I could understand, but all reports indicate Dubnyk did not shine at any time in camp and with Pogge yet to be proven this was a big pick.

Unless Dubnyk brings an intangible then I am not a fan of this.

The rest of the picks so far seem up to par no surprises in my books yet.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
KadoCH said:
Here's hoping Pogge can get the job done because Dubnyk has proved nothing so far.

Rocky season in dub, reportedly looked shaky in practice, 4 goals on 17 shots first intersquad game, 5 goals 31 shots UBC game = ticket on to Team Canada?

Unless Pogge is lights out or Dubnyk steals the show I won't be very happy with this pick. Atleast Ellis would of been a justifible pick with having a good season in the Q, was the best in summer camp, and game breaking ability. Price was by long margins second best in camp and also has game breaking ability and a year of eiligibilty left. Either of those two I could understand, but all reports indicate Dubnyk did not shine at any time in camp and with Pogge yet to be proven this was a big pick.

Unless Dubnyk brings an intangible then I am not a fan of this.

The rest of the picks so far seem up to par no surprises in my books yet.

Ok #1 who cares what Ellis did in the summer camp really, with Pogge being the starter it proves that summer camp means squat since he was not there #2 who really cares how much he was tearing it up in the Q because the other three were doing well and tearing it up in the W as well who cares what all three of them are doing in their leagues because they are not playing players from their leagues and #3 Ellis let in more shaky goals playing on a way better squad then Dubnyk

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
canucksfan said:
Wow, I thought it would be Price that would be the #2. If Pogge can't do it I have no confidence in Dubnyk.

Me neither. I'm shocked he made it over Price and Ellis.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Tuggy said:
Me neither. I'm shocked he made it over Price and Ellis.

I don't get why anyone is shocked that Pogge is the starter he was by far the best goalie this year out of the four in CHL.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
flambers said:
I don't get why anyone is shocked that Pogge is the starter he was by far the best goalie this year out of the four in CHL.

No one is shocked Pogge is the starter. Everyone is shocked Dubnyk is the back up over Ellis and Price.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
flambers said:

I never said that. I was referring to the #2 goalie situation.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
LaLaLaprise said:
No one is shocked Pogge is the starter. Everyone is shocked Dubnyk is the back up over Ellis and Price.

Same here.

I don't understand for the life of me how he made it over Ellis and Price. Oh well. It was clear from the get go that Price wasn't going to get it no matter how he fared compared to Ellis or Dubnyk. Sutter had his mind made up.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
E = CH² said:
Same here.

I don't understand for the life of me how he made it over Ellis and Price. Oh well.

Ellis didnt really play that great but neither did Dubnyk. Id figure the age would be the tie-breaker for Price. All 3 werent exactly spectacular but Price is there next year so why not take him this year.

High flyin' Habs*

Whats Canada's reason for cutting Price?? He was much better than Dubnyk and Ellis. I dont get it. :shakehead

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
I don't like Ellis getting cut (not a fan of Pogge or Dubnyk), and the skaters look typically Sutter-like: cut the talented guys and keep the plumbers.
The proof is in the pudding, but I don't like this team's chances versus the US.

High flyin' Habs*

canucksfan said:
He wasn't much better than Ellis or Dubnyk. All three of those goalies were very shakey.
Stats disagree with you.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
canucksfan said:
He wasn't much better than Ellis or Dubnyk. All three of those goalies were very shakey.

So you take the 18 year old. That SHOULD have been the tiebreak.

Realisticly the back up gets 1 game. So giving Price 1 game and having him as the #1 next year would have been benefical.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
High flyin' Habs said:
Stats disagree with you.
The stats aren't the whole picture. From all reports all three goalies were shakey. I would have picked Price but that wouldn't be because of his camp. He had a poor camp. To say he was much better than both Dubnyk and Ellis is wrong.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
LaLaLaprise said:
So you take the 18 year old. That SHOULD have been the tiebreak.

Realisticly the back up gets 1 game. So giving Price 1 game and having him as the #1 next year would have been benefical.

Last time I checked, it is Sutter's job to win the tournament THIS year, not NEXT year. Obviously that is what he based his decision(s) on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad