Press Conference Today In Elmira; UPD - new ownership for arena, team

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Have no idea what will be said but this is from the teams Facebook Page:

Please join us for a press conference at 3:00 PM at the First Arena restaurant. The conference has been called to discuss recent developments that will ensure the long-term future of First Arena and the Elmira Jackals. The press and public are encouraged to attend.

I think it's the end of the Jackals to be honest.

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
Have no idea what will be said but this is from the teams Facebook Page:

I think it's the end of the Jackals to be honest.

I highly doubt that is the case. They have invited the public to attend the press conference. If bad news was going to be delivered, the public would not be invited.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I highly doubt that is the case. They have invited the public to attend the press conference. If bad news was going to be delivered, the public would not be invited.

I can't go either way, but why wouldn't that? Just asking. I'm sure a Q and A would be wanted under that circumstance and the parties involved probably wouldnt want to answer.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

If bad news were going to be delivered, it would be done by press release, not by news conference.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, the Express got folded to no fanfare and with a simple press release. If the Jackals were doing the same thing, doubt there'd be a press conference.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The more i've read into this the less happy I am about it. I really disagree with getting rid of Afr's banner. He was the only guy willing to get involved with the project, if it wasn't for him no team OR arena.

Also....as much as people may have complained about him he had a good consistent hockey run for the most part. I'm not HUGE on hockey or anything but it is the only team in town. I care more about the team than the arena. I feel like the team will be taking a hit here.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
These articles came out today:

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20130510/NEWS01/305100046/Details-First-Arena-deal-unveiled

Not informative details but some info there.

Don't like the sound of this one though:

• Elm Arena took on some liabilities specified by Ryan Crelin, vice president of business operations at the ECHL, the hockey league in which the Jackals play. The value of those liabilities is not stated in the document.

This article is about a small plan for the arena that involves a microbrewery:

http://www.stargazette.com/article/...45/Plans-call-putting-microbrwery-First-Arena

I can't say i'm crazy about making the bar on the concourse a bar that serves food and all of that. They already have a restaurant upstairs in the arena. It seems like you would be intercompeting and that could be bad for one or the other or both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad