Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
The Score is reporting that the owners have been in closed door meetings since they ended the meeting with the PA. That is why the press conference is postponed.

Go Flames Go*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Breaking New: Bettman has diarrhea..reason for pushed back press conference.

Goodenow tried to posion Bettman, its all part of the new CBA offer Kill Bettman and we can get away with a luxury tax.

But if the league is happy that the NHLPA has finally recognized the leagues problems, it says something since a few owners most notibally the poor boy Harley Hotchkiss was there. I see the NHL counter offering a harder tax rate with salaries tied to revenues in the counter proposal.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
chiavsfan said:
In the closed door meeting they are probably trying to figure out just how to word the fact that they thing the NHLPA is a buncha dopes....its always a possibility

as long as there in there maybe they'll come up with something productive by accident, but honestly i think this is great news

Kid Canada

Dec 9, 2004
The longer the better. It's quite simple. I don't expect anything to get done today, hence the meetings scheduled for next week.

Go Flames Go*

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS NEWS CONFERENCE. How long does it take them to word the NHLPA proposal was garbage.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Breaking New: Bettman has diarrhea..reason for pushed back press conference.

I think he must have gotten salmonella from that danged chicken salad sandwich. he should have stuck with the corned beef on rye! :banghead:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Go Flames Go said:
Goodenow tried to posion Bettman, its all part of the new CBA offer Kill Bettman and we can get away with a luxury tax.

But if the league is happy that the NHLPA has finally recognized the leagues problems, it says something since a few owners most notibally the poor boy Harley Hotchkiss was there. I see the NHL counter offering a harder tax rate with salaries tied to revenues in the counter proposal.

Why would they do something like that? They know the players wont accept that. If that was the case then why not reject it outright. I think the league will accept a tax with teeth and might back off the cap.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I heard Bettman is on a conference call with all the GMS right now..i Saw that in another thread here somewhere.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
They just showed marchment on sportsnet complaining that the players have already conceded to much. Leave it to him to rise above the typical idiocy and be the king idiot :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad