Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #87: Bloog @ Caps | 4/21/18 | 3:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You must be superstitious. I see your point.

And so you know not about everything, just stuff like that mentioning things that have never happened, or saying "shutout" when the goalie has one. It's ok to know it but I would never say it or type it. ;)

Hockey god sleeping dogs and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: calicapsfan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was out with family yesterday so I DVRed the game and watched last night. Can't believe the Caps won that kind of game. All three Columbus goals were terrible decisions with the puck leading to offense. I thought one of the keys to winning would be minimizing any flukey or free goals yet they gave away three and still won. Credit to the Jackets for forcing some turnovers and making them count but man, can't let that happen in G6.

They need to win G6. I don't know if I can watch another G7 at home.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Embarrassing home effort really, led by their captain and all the way through to fans. Nice to still get a win.

They didn't really deserve to win that, and should thank Holtby for stealing that. They went full Game 7 -form after 40 minutes. I like though how they started playing again in the OT, atleast few guys. Hard to feel too confident regarding this win though because all the red flags from the past are still here and Penguins for example are going to make it much harder for Holtby.

16-1 in the third period, at home. Outshot by 15. Is that a record in the Playoffs?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I liked seeing 2nd line and secondary scoring stepping up after the first line show last game. The PP seems to be adjusting and reacting to Ovie being focused on. Clean up the mistakes and the team looks solid.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Embarrassing home effort really, led by their captain and all the way through to fans. Nice to still get a win.

They didn't really deserve to win that, and should thank Holtby for stealing that. They went full Game 7 -form after 40 minutes. I like though how they started playing again in the OT, atleast few guys. Hard to feel too confident regarding this win though because all the red flags from the past are still here and Penguins for example are going to make it much harder for Holtby.

16-1 in the third period, at home. Outshot by 15. Is that a record in the Playoffs?

Meh. Pens aren’t thru yet, either. Then again, neither is a team like the Preds.

Go figure. Playoffs are always a unique and different beast. Just win.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I don't know why anyone is surprised with the 3rd period. I mean they have been practicing this strategy ALL SEASON LONG and seemingly without shame! They are programed at this point. Turtling robots.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Anybody else think the ice was especially bad yesterday? Some bad blueline bounces cost us yesterday and I can't even begin to count how many times the puck just wouldn't settle down for someone. I love the Wizards but god I wish they didn't make the playoffs sometimes cause when they play at home and the next play the next day the ice is always trash. I know it's something we deal with all year long but it's especially frustrating in the playoffs. These day games after a Wizards night game are ROUGH on the ice.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I know.
F n Ray Ferraro and whoever he was paired with were so obviously pro Cbus/ anti Caps.

Inane lines like late in the game didn't one of them say - Columbus is one goal from taking the series lead ! o_O Yeah, so were the Caps.

Ferraro has always hated the Caps. I think it stems back to when Dale Hunter had that late, late, late hot on Turgeon that got Hunter suspended for 21 games.

Ferraro has held a grudge ever since and won’t let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->